DJI Poor Quality Control
1822 13 2017-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Ok, I've edited this post, because the purpose of it was to complain about the USB adapter that came with my Fly More Combo. It didn't appear to be working, but it was user error... I attached it to the battery, but didn't do the double-press to turn on the battery, so it wouldn't charge the connected device. User error! It works perfectly when properly turned on.

That said, I've still had...

1) A defective car charger (replaced by DJI),
2) A defective Mavic Pro (going to be replaced, I hope, sometime in the not too distant future),3) [Deleted, because it works when used properly!]

While I am still unhappy with DJI's quality control, I am one-thing less unhappy!

2017-12-24
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you turned the battery on with the double press
2017-12-24
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

lannes Posted at 2017-12-24 16:51
Have you turned the battery on with the double press

Very good point. That may well be the "problem" here.
By the way, the batteries themselves will discharge to the storage level in a matter of days.
2017-12-24
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FlyDK Posted at 2017-12-24 16:56
Very good point. That may well be the "problem" here.
By the way, the batteries themselves will discharge to the storage level in a matter of days.

Yes you are right with the auto discharge, that is set via the DJI Go4 app, I think it's 10 days by default
2017-12-24
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-24 16:51
Have you turned the battery on with the double press

Oooh! Smart! Very smart!
That was indeed the problem!
I will delete my complaint, since it's now unfair (other than the defective car charger and defective Mavic Pro!).
Thanks for your help.
2017-12-24
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-24 17:09
Yes you are right with the auto discharge, that is set via the DJI Go4 app, I think it's 10 days by default

Yes, it starts auto discharging after 10 days, but it's not good to leave LiPo batteries fully charged for more than a couple of days.
2017-12-24
Use props
rparge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2017-12-24 17:55
Yes, it starts auto discharging after 10 days, but it's not good to leave LiPo batteries fully charged for more than a couple of days.

You can change that in the battery screen > advanced.
I have it set to three days, others have suggested two days.
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jyunte, may I know more details about the car charger and the performance of Mavic Pro? I would like to check and see I can directly help. Besides, you can also contact our support for a further help, some pictures or videos are highly appreciated. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support. Thank you.
2017-12-24
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-24 18:09
Jyunte, may I know more details about the car charger and the performance of Mavic Pro? I would like to check and see I can directly help. Besides, you can also contact our support for a further help, some pictures or videos are highly appreciated. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support. Thank you.

Hi Thor,

By all means take a look at the entire thread on the problem with the Mavic Pro by clicking here.

As far as the car charger is concerned, as I said above, it was replaced by DJI.  I'm still waiting for a case number, or some kind of response, after sending the requested Global Tech form and Proof of Purchase to Hanna T at DJI support. I've had the defective Mavic Pro for 10 days, and would really like a working replacement.
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jyunte Posted at 2017-12-24 21:41
Hi Thor,

By all means take a look at the entire thread on the problem with the Mavic Pro by clicking here.

Very sorry for the inconvenience. DJI Susan is following up your case on that thread. I will also help to keep an eye on it. Will have them to check and reply you asap.
2017-12-25
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-25 02:18
Very sorry for the inconvenience. DJI Susan is following up your case on that thread. I will also help to keep an eye on it. Will have them to check and reply you asap.

I should re-edit the first post in this thread...

So far, I've had...

1) A defective car charger (replaced by DJI),
2) A defective Mavic Pro (replaced by DJI)
3) A defective replacement Mavic Pro
4) A defective OSMO+ (an issue many OSMO owners have, which has not been addressed by DJI)

So I want is working products. That's not too much to ask for, is it?
2018-1-15
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2018-1-15 14:10
I should re-edit the first post in this thread...

So far, I've had...

Wow, they've really put you through the wringer to get a fully functional system. Hopefully this will be cleared up soon.
2018-1-15
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2018-1-15 14:19
Wow, they've really put you through the wringer to get a fully functional system. Hopefully this will be cleared up soon.

I hope so too. I've just opened a new ticket with DJI Support for the Mavic Pro.
Let's see what happens this time.
DJI has not acknowledged the problem with the Osmo rotating.
2018-1-15
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-25 02:18
Very sorry for the inconvenience. DJI Susan is following up your case on that thread. I will also help to keep an eye on it. Will have them to check and reply you asap.

DJI technicians repaired my brand new, but defective, Mavic Pro... And instead of sending my repaired aircraft back to me, they sent me a refurbished Mavic Pro!

That's right, they sent me a refurbished aircraft with (potentially hundreds of hours flying time on it) in exchange for my brand new Mavic Pro that had less than 3 hours flight time!

This is unacceptable. Send me a new Mavic Pro in exchange for my new, but defective, Mavic Pro.

I did not willingly or knowingly purchase a defective product - but that's what DJI sold me. I did not willingly or knowingly purchase a refurbished Mavic Pro - but that's what DJI sent me. I paid for a new, working aircraft, and that is what I expect to receive.

You have a chance to make this right.
2018-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules