Stability test with Inspire 1 vs Yuneec Typhoon H
1390 5 2017-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vergecraft
lvl.2

Japan

I flew the Inspire 1 with the Typhoon H. Did all calibration, the wind was relatively non existent but somehow, I had a problem with the Inspire 1 on its altitude.. It kept on moving up bit by bit. And I had to pull the lever down several times so it won't get out of frame. Though the Typhoon H had some issues on magnetic interference which bothered it in the last flight, I am wondering what is wrong with my Inspire 1.

2017-12-24
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Am I guessing you calibrated the compass before this test?

Mark G.

2017-12-25
Use props
Vergecraft
lvl.2

Japan

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-12-25 00:20
Am I guessing you calibrated the compass before this test?

Mark G.

Yes, I did.
2017-12-25
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

There was some test where they also added a Phantom 4 to the same mix and the Yuneec came out on top flying out in the desert in windy conditions.  The Phantom blew away and was found four miles from start point and was found by the Civil Air Patrol.  The Inspire blew off too, but not as much.  Yuneec stayed close to home base.

Personally, I think the IMU in the Inspire 2 needs some firmware tweaking as mine also wobbles around a bit as others have shown in videos here.  I don't know why the Mavics seem to fly better, but could be the weight difference.  That guy who got the "2017 Flight of the Year" of the moving train outside Reno, NV with the FPV racer had rock steady control using a high-end Futaba radio where he was flying into metal boxcars and between tank cars and under them.  Don't think DJI can pull that off with the current radio units.
2017-12-25
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

It's quite possible then, that you gave yourself a bad calibration. When you get a good compass calibration, leave it. It is stored digitally in the AC, think of it as a set of numbers that do not change unless you recalibrate, it does not need to be done every time. A lot of people when unsure will calibrate every time just to be "on the safe side", when in fact they are doing the opposite, opening themselves up to problems, flyaways etc. I may be wrong but the Yuneec seemed to be "toilet bowling" in your video, I can recreate this effect pretty much every time when taking off after calibrating over buried metal objects (eg. rebar inside concrete bunkers) I don't think I have done a compass cal on my drone for over two years now and they fly fine.

Loving the video comparisons, keep 'em coming.    

Mark G.
2017-12-25
Use props
Vergecraft
lvl.2

Japan

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-12-25 09:43
It's quite possible then, that you gave yourself a bad calibration. When you get a good compass calibration, leave it. It is stored digitally in the AC, think of it as a set of numbers that do not change unless you recalibrate, it does not need to be done every time. A lot of people when unsure will calibrate every time just to be "on the safe side", when in fact they are doing the opposite, opening themselves up to problems, flyaways etc. I may be wrong but the Yuneec seemed to be "toilet bowling" in your video, I can recreate this effect pretty much every time when taking off after calibrating over buried metal objects (eg. rebar inside concrete bunkers) I don't think I have done a compass cal on my drone for over two years now and they fly fine.

Loving the video comparisons, keep 'em coming.   

Thanks man. I thought it was a good idea to calibrate every time  you take a flight.
Apparently, I may have a bad calibration.
2017-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules