Does anyone use P2V+ commercially?
740 4 2015-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vesely.cze
lvl.1

Czechia

Hello everyone. I have just recently bought my Vision Plus and I've been thinking if it's suitable enough for commercial use. I have enough money to get my licence and also enough experience with RC copters, so that shouldn't be a problem, but I'd really like to know if it's worth it. Does anyone of you use it to make money, and if so, what's your experience with it?
2015-4-18
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

That is a pretty sensitive question with the FAA breathing down everyone's neck, so to speak. They are in the process of coming up with new criteria for commercial use.  Hopefully they will not take years to do so.
2015-4-19
Use props
buzzcbr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

The camera on the P2V+ is capable of commercial quality photos, just dont be too far away from your subject if you can help it.
2015-4-19
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

People are using them for commercial purposes. Like Oak stated, it is a fuzzy area right now so you probably will not have someone come out & say yep, they are doing it. Depending on your use, the video is decent as where the stills are great for the size of the sensor. I use mine for mostly stills & have no problem making 16x20's with the camera during the day. The FAA is in the process of streamlineing the process so I think you will see a lot more people using them for commercial entities.
2015-4-19
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

According to a presentation at NAB, the FAA is going to be handing out waivers like candy for the next two years. You need: A drivers license, a sport pilots license and a commercial use that has previously been allowed. This is being done to allow commercial use of drones before the new rules go into effect.

Of course you can also do what thousands of others are doing and use a drone commercially without a license or waiver and hope that the FAA does not fine you. The FAA is not an enforcement agency and only goes after people or companies if there is a complaint or you do something which comes to their attention. In fact most use of drones would be considered a violation of the FAA regulations. An example is the user that posted a video with music on YouTube. YouTube identified copyrighted music and applied ads to the video. Someone who had political differences with the content of the video complained to the FAA and the FAA send a takedown notice to the person who posted the video since it was being used to generate income (although the FAA seems to think that was a mistake). Complicated much?
2015-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules