New Phantom 4 Pro Firmware Released (12/25/2017)
2145968002 2145968002 2017-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
giorgos1966
lvl.4
Flight distance : 273757 ft

Greece

Hi and happy New Year. Is the firmware 01.05.0300 downgradable If I want to go back?
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

photobyleal Posted at 2017-12-31 16:15
Hello DJI Susan, I'm having trouble doing a firmware update on my P4P remote, BRAND NEW.
How can I update it? The drone is updated.....

Sir, generally, there will be reminder if the RC has not been updated to the latest version. Make sure there are solid internet and check the overall status to update. I'd suggest to link RC again after the firmware update.  
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-31 17:45
Hi Susan, the gimbal was only strange during the firmware update and the update finished successfully. I have now flown a few times and there are no further problems. Thanks.

Nice to hear this. Enjoy it and happy flying!
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

sibu Posted at 2018-1-1 00:02
hi ive tried downloading the dji assistant 2 to update my phantom 4 pro firmware, where do i get the verification code to log in to the dji assistant 2?

Sibu, make sure there is solid network and try  to restart the DJI Assistant 2 or your PC to see whether it works.
2018-1-1
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-25 22:13
So, you have added pano for P4A and P4P but, you have not updated the go 4 app for android to cover this, surely you would get all sorted before a release?
Not to mention any fixes for prior issues 1st, releasing new upgrades is a kick in the teeth for folks waiting months for an official fix

I checked via Assistant 2 after the release for the pano mode and it showed latest FW and app is latest version. No pano mode on P4A. I'm in the UK.
2018-1-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you on the latest dji Go 4 app ? 4.1.22?
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

usere38ce51cf8 Posted at 2018-1-1 03:11
DJI Susan, I feel us P4P+ owners get cheated due to no additional screen options, now we must wait longer for Android updates after normal P4P users get first love....is there a plan in the pipeline to give P4P+ users a chance to swop out their + remotes for no fixed screen remote at no additional cost?

The APP of P4P+ is independent from Android and IOS. Our engineers are working on this, and we will release it as soon as it is ready. Appreciate your patience.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

giorgos1966 Posted at 2018-1-1 13:50
Hi and happy New Year. Is the firmware 01.05.0300 downgradable If I want to go back?

Giorgos, do you encounter any issue with the latest firmware? You can check this by connecting DJI Assistant 2.
2018-1-1
Use props
giorgos1966
lvl.4
Flight distance : 273757 ft

Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-1 22:13
Giorgos, do you encounter any issue with the latest firmware? You can check this by connecting DJI Assistant 2.

No, I have not installed it yet, try it. I do not know if it's stable or has problems.
2018-1-2
Use props
phil-good
New
Flight distance : 36522 ft
France

Bonjour la mise a jour n'est pas detecter chez moi
2018-1-2
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

phil-good Posted at 2018-1-2 03:18
Bonjour la mise a jour n'est pas detecter chez moi

Essayez-vous de mettre à jour en utilisant DJI Assistant 2 ou via votre appareil mobile?
2018-1-2
Use props
Gianluca Vassal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 629747 ft
Malta

I had a bad experience with upgrading. Don't do it!
2018-1-3
Use props
WC-Pilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148258 ft
United States

luciens Posted at 2017-12-25 09:50
I've made my last FW update on my P4P, unless/until one comes along that forces me to update. Anything with "GEO Zone Management" in the release notes I don't want to go within 1000 miles of (literally and figuratively  ). This machine is enough of a hassle to use already with all the bewildering restrictions, hobbling with "safety" and "security" with passwords, going to this and that site and typing in  credit card numbers, etc., so I have no reason to accept even more difficulties using my P4P.

The machine works fine now with what it's got, so I'm not upsetting the apple cart ....

You are smart ... until DJI REALLY lets you know what has changed and has been fixed and until you have a month's worth of actual user feedback on the new release's success or failures, I would do nothing !!!  DJI's debacle on version '602' and all that it broke over the best-so-far '503' release was the major indicator that total trust in the firmware's thorough regression testing BEFORE release was now out the window until proven otherwise !!!
2018-1-3
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

WC-Pilot Posted at 2018-1-3 10:49
You are smart ... until DJI REALLY lets you know what has changed and has been fixed and until you have a month's worth of actual user feedback on the new release's success or failures, I would do nothing !!!  DJI's debacle on version '602' and all that it broke over the best-so-far '503' release was the major indicator that total trust in the firmware's thorough regression testing BEFORE release was now out the window until proven otherwise !!!

I plan to update it never, actually, since it works on what's in it now. The only problem is if I get any more batteries - I'm not sure how to sync the battery firmware without it forcing you to update everything. At least, that was the problem with the mavic pro I had for a while. So I'm making do with the 2 batts I have for it now.

I'm going back to my old copters anyway and no more new DJI a/c unless/until they fix all the breaks, cripples and hacks in their firmware. My aerial videography career ends at my P4P I guess so when it dies, I'll just go back to FPV for fun. I have 2 F550's and 2 S800's with old stuff in them (Naza's and Wookongs) that fly fine in manual mode. So they make great gigantic racing drones in manual .

LS

2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Gianluca Vassal Posted at 2018-1-3 06:01
I had a bad experience with upgrading. Don't do it!

Gianluca, I just found your post here(https://forum.dji.com/thread-127511-1-1.html) and sorry about this. The local team will take care of this and help to check the exact status. Appreciate your support and patience.
2018-1-4
Use props
Gianluca Vassal
Second Officer
Malta

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-4 01:33
Gianluca, I just found your post here(https://forum.dji.com/thread-127511-1-1.html) and sorry about this. The local team will take care of this and help to check the exact status. Appreciate your support and patience.

Susan as long as DJI is fair and keeps its promises I will be patient. I love your product but unfortunately it seems that DJI's does not give top priority to after sales services! Firmware updates must never compromise a perfect working drone!!
2018-1-4
Use props
Gianluca Vassal
Second Officer
Malta

Dont do it!
2018-1-4
Use props
Randell
New

United Kingdom

Just tried updating to V01.05.0300 and I couldn't start the a/c rotors.
I had to downgrade back to V01.04.0602 to solve the problem.
I had a warning 'Module Mismatch'. I checked all the software versions in the 'About' screen and all stated that the latest versions of software were installed.
Not impressed!
2018-1-5
Use props
Randell
New

United Kingdom

giorgos1966 Posted at 2018-1-1 13:50

You can downgrade, I had to do this as my motors wouldn't start after I updated to the latest version.
Use the DJI Assistant App and select downgrade to the previous version.
Note: you can only downgrade to the previous version and no later.
2018-1-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Randell Posted at 2018-1-5 00:43
Just tried updating to V01.05.0300 and I couldn't start the a/c rotors.
I had to downgrade back to V01.04.0602 to solve the problem.
I had a warning 'Module Mismatch'. I checked all the software versions in the 'About' screen and all stated that the latest versions of software were installed.

"I had a warning 'Module Mismatch'"
That would usually indicate that the battery FW need a up/downgrade, didn't you get a update option with this message?
2018-1-5
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

With what I've read so far, I'm not sure I want to update to this firmware.  Yikes.
2018-1-5
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

DJI is taking its problems (i.e. the FAA and inept drone pilots) and pushing those problems onto you, the customer by adding unnecessary restrictions (i.e. no-fly zones, forced autoland, forced login, altitude limits, etc.). Technically, you are better off having as many options as possible. DJI's log-in-or-you-can't-fly policy is just one of the many ways DJI is limiting your options, for their sole benefit. It makes you wonder, do you really own your aircraft or does DJI own it?

Look for the user digdat0 on youtube. His videos are clear and simple. I downgraded to version 1.03.0700 on the mavic, down to DJI GO 4 4.0.8 on the iPad mini 4, and down to DJI Assistant 1.1.2 on the PC (for custom settings modifications). Now all limitations are removed. No login requirement at all, no altitude limit, adjustable speed limits in all directions (20mph up and down, 50+ mph horizontal), no forced landing, no sending of my data to anyone, no NF zones, no quizzes, and no forced updates. Now the drone works like it is supposed to.
2018-1-5
Use props
fans666712cb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127995 ft
Germany

anyody found out if the pano mode works with te phantom 4 pro + ?
2018-1-6
Use props
MRF1967
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236 ft
United States

Steelinox Posted at 2017-12-26 19:20
Better downgrade the update, or you could be sorry!

May I ask you... How do you "downgrade" the update? I just got this thing, flew it in the house just fine... did the FW update and now I can't see any video except every 20 sec's it give a partial image... Grrr
2018-1-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MRF1967 Posted at 2018-1-8 17:04
May I ask you... How do you "downgrade" the update? I just got this thing, flew it in the house just fine... did the FW update and now I can't see any video except every 20 sec's it give a partial image... Grrr

What are you using as the smartdevice connected to your controller? What version of GO 4 are you using?

Also, can you confirm the firmware levels are:
Aircraft Firmware : V 01.05.0300
Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.4.1.0
2018-1-8
Use props
MRF1967
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-8 17:11
What are you using as the smartdevice connected to your controller?

Galaxy S7 Edge. Video was perfect for maiden voyage in the house prior to fw update on the drone.
2018-1-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

MRF1967 Posted at 2018-1-8 17:16
Galaxy S7 Edge. Video was perfect for maiden voyage in the house prior to fw update on the drone.

OK - Android I can't advise on, but there is a new version of GO 4 released for it (v4.1.22?). But did you confirm that your controller firmware is updated to v1.4.1.0 also?
2018-1-8
Use props
MRF1967
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-8 17:21
OK - Android I can't advise on, but there is a new version of GO 4 released for it (v4.1.22?). But did you confirm that your controller firmware is updated to v1.4.1.0 also?

I'm not even sure how to do that yet... I'll need to look. Thanks
2018-1-8
Use props
MRF1967
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-8 17:21
OK - Android I can't advise on, but there is a new version of GO 4 released for it (v4.1.22?). But did you confirm that your controller firmware is updated to v1.4.1.0 also?

No, its remote controller 01.03.00.00+
I'll need to recharge the craft and try tomorrow. Thanks
2018-1-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

MRF1967 Posted at 2018-1-8 17:25
I'm not even sure how to do that yet... I'll need to look. Thanks

Easy enough. With everything powered on and controller connected to the P4P (LED link lights are green on both devices), start GO 4. Once at the control screen. press the 3 dots at top right to go into General Settings, then scroll down to the last menu option - "About". All versions levels should be there.

My thinking is that you updated the P4P firmware but not the controller firmware. Often they must be in sync.
2018-1-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

MRF1967 Posted at 2018-1-8 17:35
No, its remote controller 01.03.00.00+
I'll need to recharge the craft and try tomorrow. Thanks

OK. That'd be it then. And you only need the controller to be charged to update it. Easiest way is to leave the P4P powered down (so it doesn't connect), attach your Galaxy to the controller, power on controller then start the GO 4 app. Once it's collected version information, it should advise that there's a controller update and you just let it go.
2018-1-8
Use props
fanscb82b7f0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4486539 ft
Australia

David_ Posted at 2018-1-5 20:36
DJI is taking its problems (i.e. the FAA and inept drone pilots) and pushing those problems onto you, the customer by adding unnecessary restrictions (i.e. no-fly zones, forced autoland, forced login, altitude limits, etc.). Technically, you are better off having as many options as possible. DJI's log-in-or-you-can't-fly policy is just one of the many ways DJI is limiting your options, for their sole benefit. It makes you wonder, do you really own your aircraft or does DJI own it?

Look for the user digdat0 on youtube. His videos are clear and simple. I downgraded to version 1.03.0700 on the mavic, down to DJI GO 4 4.0.8 on the iPad mini 4, and down to DJI Assistant 1.1.2 on the PC (for custom settings modifications). Now all limitations are removed. No login requirement at all, no altitude limit, adjustable speed limits in all directions (20mph up and down, 50+ mph horizontal), no forced landing, no sending of my data to anyone, no NF zones, no quizzes, and no forced updates. Now the drone works like it is supposed to.

Hi there David.
Do you know what version firmware the phantom 4 pro comes to your door with? cause if I do purchase p4p I would like some older firmware that works like the version you are on after downgrading, also do you think the p4p is worth getting or should I wait.

Thanks
Darren
2018-1-9
Use props
MRF1967
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-8 18:08
OK. That'd be it then. And you only need the controller to be charged to update it. Easiest way is to leave the P4P powered down (so it doesn't connect), attach your Galaxy to the controller, power on controller then start the GO 4 app. Once it's collected version information, it should advise that there's a controller update and you just let it go.

THANK YOU Punchbuggy!!
It worked. (note; I had to turn "on" the craft in order to prompt the upgrade but it worked!) Now I will play for the 1st time and have fun thanks to you.
2018-1-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

MRF1967 Posted at 2018-1-9 14:02
THANK YOU Punchbuggy!!
It worked. (note; I had to turn "on" the craft in order to prompt the upgrade but it worked!) Now I will play for the 1st time and have fun thanks to you.

Great to hear - well done.
Although that's interesting. From my experience, if the craft is powered on, GO will prompt to update it first - which is why I don't have it powered on, so that it updates the controller (if an update for it is detected). I'll need to go back to test this. I'd hate to be giving out inaccurate information.

Happy flying.
2018-1-9
Use props
MRF1967
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-9 14:15
Great to hear - well done.
Although that's interesting. From my experience, if the craft is powered on, GO will prompt to update it first - which is why I don't have it powered on, so that it updates the controller (if an update for it is detected). I'll need to go back to test this. I'd hate to be giving out inaccurate information.

Yeah, I tried it like 3 times and was about to tell you it didn't work and then I thought... got nothing to loose... turned on the craft and it showed there was an update needed in the top right. Oh well, ya never know.
Thanks again!
2018-1-10
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

luciens Posted at 2017-12-25 09:50
I've made my last FW update on my P4P, unless/until one comes along that forces me to update. Anything with "GEO Zone Management" in the release notes I don't want to go within 1000 miles of (literally and figuratively  ). This machine is enough of a hassle to use already with all the bewildering restrictions, hobbling with "safety" and "security" with passwords, going to this and that site and typing in  credit card numbers, etc., so I have no reason to accept even more difficulties using my P4P.

The machine works fine now with what it's got, so I'm not upsetting the apple cart ....

What firmware are you presently on, if I may be so bold.  : )
2018-1-14
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Phantomflyer Posted at 2018-1-14 13:15
What firmware are you presently on, if I may be so bold.  : )

1.0.4.062, I believe. It's the one prior to the latest. Some of my batts are on something else because I get the inconsistent firmware warning with them. I haven't tried to just update the batts so don't know if that's possible.

I just dismiss the warnings until they're all gone and then go fly....
2018-1-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

luciens Posted at 2018-1-14 14:22
1.0.4.062, I believe. It's the one prior to the latest. Some of my batts are on something else because I get the inconsistent firmware warning with them. I haven't tried to just update the batts so don't know if that's possible.

I just dismiss the warnings until they're all gone and then go fly....

Version was close, and there was a v..608 beta in-between which was pretty good too. And there's now a v01.05.301 beta also.

Anyway, it's the battery compatibility between P4 and P4P firmware which keeps me moving up with each production and beta firmware release. If I revert firmware back on either craft it's likely that I can't move batteries between them, and I want to retain my P4 as an instant back-up to my P4P should something happen in the field.
2018-1-14
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

fans666712cb Posted at 2018-1-6 05:16
anyody found out if the pano mode works with te phantom 4 pro + ?

no it does not.
the last FW allowing pano mode is only for the P4P which runs a different FW than P4P+
2018-1-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

15matjan Posted at 2018-1-14 15:50
no it does not.
the last FW allowing pano mode is only for the P4P which runs a different FW than P4P+

Hi. You're right, but just to be more specific - the firmware for the craft is the same, but the firmware for controllers isn't. So the craft is capable but you require the version of GO 4 with the ability to select pano from a menu. Once DJI integrate the latest android version of GO 4 into their Plus controller build, the capability will be available. So, a waiting game for them to catch up.
2018-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules