Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LarryTru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 458944 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

Has anyone else received an "Aircraft SD Card Not Inserted" error when trying to start recording on the Air Unit with the Fn button?

I have an exFat formatted 64GB SD Card installed.  I have tried reformatting it.

I saw the manual said that "hot swapping" is not supported,.  So the card is installed from power on.

I am upgraded to the newest firmware.

Any ideas?

Thx,

Larry

2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Larry, does the issue appear recently? Is there any chance change to another recommended SD card to verify?
2017-12-31
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-31 00:56
Hi Larry, does the issue appear recently? Is there any chance change to another recommended SD card to verify?

No, the issue has been apparent since the first time I tried to use the SD card.  I didn't see any recommendations for SD cards for the Occusync air unit.  Are recommendations posted somewhere?

Thx,

Larry
2017-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LarryTru Posted at 2017-12-31 17:52
No, the issue has been apparent since the first time I tried to use the SD card.  I didn't see any recommendations for SD cards for the Occusync air unit.  Are recommendations posted somewhere?

Thx,

Larry, below is the recommended SD card list for the Air Unit. It will be helpful to locate the issue.

SanDisk 4GB HC
Panasonic 16GB MircroSDHC UHS-3 SD Card
SanDisk Extreme 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD Card
SanDisk Ultra 32GB
Lexar 633X Class10 64GB MicroSDHC UHS-I SD Card
SanDisk Extreme 64GB UHS-3 MicroSDXC
Samsung EVO 64GB UHS-3  MicroSDXC
SanDISKUITRA64GB UHS-1 MicroSDXC
Sony 64GB MicroSDHC UHS-1 SD Card
Kingston 64GB MICROSD XC UH-1
2018-1-1
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-1 20:03
Larry, below is the recommended SD card list for the Air Unit. It will be helpful to locate the issue.

SanDisk 4GB HC

Thanks for the list.

The one I am using is in the list: "SanDisk Extreme 64GB UHS-3 MicroSDXC"

Is there some other explanation for the issue?

Larry
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LarryTru Posted at 2018-1-2 19:01
Thanks for the list.

The one I am using is in the list: "SanDisk Extreme 64GB UHS-3 MicroSDXC"

Received with thanks! Please try to change another recommended SD card and verify the exact status.  And I'll double check with our engineers as well, thanks!
2018-1-4
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-4 03:00
Received with thanks! Please try to change another recommended SD card and verify the exact status.  And I'll double check with our engineers as well, thanks!

Update: Sorry, haven't had tome to revisit this.  Will do ASAP.

Larry
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LarryTru Posted at 2018-1-8 17:25

Larry

Please keep us posted, thanks so much!
2018-1-9
Use props
neonadler
lvl.1

Hong Kong

The SanDisk Extreme 64GB UHS-3 MicroSDXC has been tested and is compatible with the Goggles RE. We are going to test it again to see if there is any issue. You could send it back the the service to do a test of the Goggles RE if it can still not read any kind of SD card.
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LarryTru Posted at 2018-1-8 17:25

Larry

Hey Larry, 9# is the reply from our engineers, please help us confirm the exact status, thanks!
2018-1-22
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-22 01:13
Hey Larry, 9# is the reply from our engineers, please help us confirm the exact status, thanks!

Hello, I am sorry it's taken me so long to get back around to testing this.

First of all some clarifications.

I have NO trouble using any of my SD cards in the Goggles RE (or the original Goggles for that matter).  The issue I am having is with the air unit.

Above, you provide a long list of supported SD cards with included numerous 64GB cards and you made it clear that you thought those were all supported in the Air Unit.

Later, there is a reply which stated that my specific 64GB SD card has been tested and compatible with the "Goggles RE".  That's good, but my issue is with using it with the Air Unit.

So, now to my testing.

My testing indicates that 64GB SD cards are not supported in the Air Unit.  I believe the largest SD card that works in the Air Unit (currently at least) is 32 GB.

All of my SD cards which are 32GB and smaller work.  None of my 64GB cards work.

Can you double check with engineering and see if I'm right about the maximum SD card size for the Air unit being 64GB?

If they have tested and confirmed 64GB cards as compatible with the Air Unit, then I must have a defective one.

Thanks,

Larry

2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LarryTru Posted at 2018-1-22 22:04
Hello, I am sorry it's taken me so long to get back around to testing this.

First of all some clarifications.

The recommended list will be optimized and updated in the future. Thanks so much for your feedback.
2018-1-25
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-25 01:37
The recommended list will be optimized and updated in the future. Thanks so much for your feedback.

OK, is that a confirmation that 32GB is the largest SD card supported in the Air unit?

Thx,

Larry
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LarryTru Posted at 2018-1-25 02:02
OK, is that a confirmation that 32GB is the largest SD card supported in the Air unit?

Thx,

It's hard to say. Our engineers are keeping testing this.
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules