Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI OSMO + Android 8.1 Crashing and can't use osmo record button
12Next >
5362 47 2017-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Benzerg
New
United Kingdom

Hi,
After setting up the OSMO today I was bitterly disapointed to find that on a Google Pixel 2 running android 8.1 the DJI go app crashed when turning the camera to front facing which then caused it to not re-connect with the camera, instead crashing everytime the 'Show Camera" button was pressed. The only solution I could find to this was to reinstall the app, ok for a one time fix but when the trigger pressed three times tries to go into selfie mode it leads to a painful amount of reinstalling.

Further more, when trying to use the record button on the OSMO device, a popup error appears in the app telling me that it cann't record video because the app does not have permission to use the microphone, it prompted me to check and when I did, it was already enabled. I disabled it and then re-enabled it, but the app gave the same error. So now I can't use the DJI Go app with my new OSMO, severely limited the functionality because of a faulty app.

Are there any solutions to this problem? will there be an ap update? and if so can we please get a projected date so I can actually plan when I can use my new DJI device, Thanks.
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ben, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our APP.
For the crash issue, please help to find the log in mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH for further analysis if you are convenient, once you export it, please upload to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link here, thank you for your time.
Our engineers are working on optimizing the microphone issue, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Besides, we recommend to use the stock Camera APP in your phone for shooting. The buttons in the grip can be used to control the volume button in your phone, therefore to control the pictures and videos taking. Osmo Mobile could just be a stabilization.
2017-12-26
Use props
Benzerg
New
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-26 02:02
For the crash issue, please help to find the log in mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH for further analysis if you are convenient, once you export it, please upload to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link here, thank you for your time.
Our engineers are working on optimizing the microphone issue, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hey Mindy. I've uploaded all of the crash logs into this google drive folder for your engineers to look at. hope it helps, get it up soon as I bought the osmo in large for its motion tracking capabilities which can't be used on the stock camera app. please don't forget about this bud its a massive inconvinience from such a big name as DJI

Crash logs are linked Here: https://drive.google.com/open?id ... 9Lgp7yfivlaeHXCRx-c
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Benzerg Posted at 2017-12-26 08:26
Hey Mindy. I've uploaded all of the crash logs into this google drive folder for your engineers to look at. hope it helps, get it up soon as I bought the osmo in large for its motion tracking capabilities which can't be used on the stock camera app. please don't forget about this bud its a massive inconvinience from such a big name as DJI

Crash logs are linked Here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yAOTVG3GYvqko9Lgp7yfivlaeHXCRx-c

Appreciate your assistance for the crash log, the data has been forwarded to our engineers for analysis, I will keep you updated soon.
We apologize again for the inconvenience that has been caused, hope the issue will get sorted out soon.
2017-12-27
Use props
pilotax
New
Flight distance : 9308 ft
United Kingdom

Apologies are useless. I have a product, worth 200GBP, that cannot be used as intended. There is a clear gap between the new DJI app and the old one. The one is developed and _well_ maintained. The old one is just old and you do not take care of it. You must provide a workaround and a solution. I have 3 Android 8.1 phones and your app keep crashing.
2017-12-29
Use props
gertjan_bos
lvl.1
Netherlands

Same isues hier.

I just bought the OSMO mobile and it seems not working with my Nexus 6P (android 8.1.0).

The app (DJI GO)  crashed constantly. It keeps asking for access to the mic (it has all the access).
Hope there is a fix shortly

Otherwise, have to buy an iPhone???
2017-12-30
Use props
hPL1ZdqG4taq
lvl.1
Canada

Same issue here.. Planning on returning the osmo now...

What's disappointing is kearning how bad DJI support and app maintenance is. What worries me even more is that I own Mavic Pro as well...
2017-12-30
Use props
Eikona
lvl.1
Italy

After setting up the OSMO today I was bitterly disapointed to find that on a Huawei Mate 10 Pro running latest android 8.1, when trying to use the record button on the OSMO device, a popup error appears in the app telling me that it can't record video because the app does not have permission to use the microphone, it prompted me to check and when I did, it was already enabled. I disabled it and then re-enabled it, but the app gave the same error.
Are there any solutions to this problem? will there be an ap update?
Thanks
2017-12-30
Use props
gertjan_bos
lvl.1
Netherlands

Eikona Posted at 2017-12-30 11:09
After setting up the OSMO today I was bitterly disapointed to find that on a Huawei Mate 10 Pro running latest android 8.1, when trying to use the record button on the OSMO device, a popup error appears in the app telling me that it can't record video because the app does not have permission to use the microphone, it prompted me to check and when I did, it was already enabled. I disabled it and then re-enabled it, but the app gave the same error.
Are there any solutions to this problem? will there be an ap update?
Thanks

exactly the same ...
2017-12-31
Use props
adfp_88
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Thank you for your feedback, we have fixed this issue, the repair version will be released, please be patient, thank you.At the same time, the mate 10 issue has also been fixed.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi guys, the post in 10# is from our engineers, please keep me updated if there is any further question, thanks for your understanding.
2018-1-17
Use props
Faroukchelabi
lvl.1
Iraq

Can you provide us with the update release date as today i purchased the osmo mobile and had the same mic issue as above with my huawei mate 10 pro
Thanks
2018-1-20
Use props
Cem Bilgen
lvl.1
Turkey

I use mate 10 pro. There is the same problem. When the problem will be solved. You can not use OSM0.
2018-1-20
Use props
Cem Bilgen
lvl.1
Turkey

I use huawei mate 10 pro. I have a problem. Please hurry please
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Faroukchelabi Posted at 2018-1-20 11:38
Can you provide us with the update release date as today i purchased the osmo mobile and had the same mic issue as above with my huawei mate 10 pro
Thanks

DJI GO V3.1.26 APP for Android has been released in stages, please upload when it is available for you, thanks.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cem Bilgen Posted at 2018-1-20 23:56
I use huawei mate 10 pro. I have a problem. Please hurry please

DJI GO V3.1.26 APP for Android has been released in stages, please upload when it is available for you, thanks.
2018-1-22
Use props
Cem Bilgen
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-22 00:23

yet the new version has not come.
2018-1-22
Use props
Klesh
lvl.1

Russia

DJI when you are going to fix it? I hope you understand that your excuses do not help at all? We paid money for the useless device. And all we want from it - just do its job.
2018-1-22
Use props
fans60eb35e6
lvl.1
United States

The new app update resolves none of the issues with android 8.1. It still will not let me record video because it says it does not have access to my MIC. It also tells me that the app is designed for an older version of android. Along with that issue there is also another one in which if I try to switch the camera from rear to front facing it crashes the app and it will not open again without crashing, I end up having to reinstall.

I had high hopes that this new app update would fix my issues but no just another disappointment.
2018-1-22
Use props
Cem Bilgen
lvl.1
Turkey

android 6.1 and osmo are working. I have a problem with the Oreo version. It's a lot hard to solve?
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans60eb35e6 Posted at 2018-1-22 12:18
The new app update resolves none of the issues with android 8.1. It still will not let me record video because it says it does not have access to my MIC. It also tells me that the app is designed for an older version of android. Along with that issue there is also another one in which if I try to switch the camera from rear to front facing it crashes the app and it will not open again without crashing, I end up having to reinstall.

I had high hopes that this new app update would fix my issues but no just another disappointment.

Sorry to read on this, what is the model of your phone? Any chance to post the screenshot of error and the mic access to DJI Go in your phone Settings and the APP version here? We will help to verify again, thank you.
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Klesh Posted at 2018-1-22 11:15
DJI when you are going to fix it? I hope you understand that your excuses do not help at all? We paid money for the useless device. And all we want from it - just do its job.

According to the feedback from our engineers, we have got the mic issue addressed in V3.1.26, did you update the APP? Does the issue persists? More info would be appreciated.
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cem Bilgen Posted at 2018-1-23 01:27
android 6.1 and osmo are working. I have a problem with the Oreo version. It's a lot hard to solve?

Cem, may I know what problem you are experiencing with Osmo?
2018-1-23
Use props
Klesh
lvl.1

Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-23 01:35
According to the feedback from our engineers, we have got the mic issue addressed in V3.1.26, did you update the APP? Does the issue persists? More info would be appreciated.

Hi, I still have version v3.1.23 - downloaded it from Google.Play today. Chekced for the updates inside DJI GO - no updates avaible.

Could you please share whether version V3.1.26 was uploaded to Google.Play if not what is ETA?

Thank you in advance!

2018-1-23
Use props
Klesh
lvl.1

Russia

Klesh Posted at 2018-1-23 04:23
Hi, I still have version v3.1.23 - downloaded it from Google.Play today. Chekced for the updates inside DJI GO - no updates avaible.

Could you please share whether version V3.1.26 was uploaded to Google.Play if not what is ETA?

Hi deleted & downloaded it again - now I have V3.1.26  will check it when I get home whether it fixed the issue.

Thank you!
2018-1-23
Use props
Cem Bilgen
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-23 01:38
Cem, may I know what problem you are experiencing with Osmo?

I can not record osmo mobile video. the software is crashing.
2018-1-23
Use props
Cem Bilgen
lvl.1
Turkey

[img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5Burl=https://hizliresim.com/z0VZqg%5D[/url][/img]
2018-1-23
Use props
Klesh
lvl.1

Russia

Nothing changed in 3.1.26 and it did not help
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Just to verify, the model of your mobile device is Huawei 10 Pro right? Since I checked customers feedback from another post and all their device is Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, thanks for your clarification.
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Klesh Posted at 2018-1-24 01:00
Nothing changed in 3.1.26 and it did not help [view_image]

May I know the model of your mobile phone?
2018-1-24
Use props
Cem Bilgen
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-24 03:21
Just to verify, the model of your mobile device is Huawei 10 Pro right? Since I checked customers feedback from another post and all their device is Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, thanks for your clarification.

yes my phone huawei mate 10 pro
2018-1-24
Use props
Klesh
lvl.1

Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-24 03:25
May I know the model of your mobile phone?

Google Pixel 2
2018-1-24
Use props
Cem Bilgen
lvl.1
Turkey

The problem has been resolved with the update coming soon. Thanks to the DJI team.
2018-1-24
Use props
Klesh
lvl.1

Russia

The problem still exists on Pixel 2 with  DJI Go 3.1.26
2018-1-24
Use props
djiuser_GL3hAjM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17657 ft
United Kingdom

I am on 3.1.26 with a Pixel 2 - I had the app crashing previously now it runs and I had 1 day last week when I could shoot video. Now I have the 'Mic' problem and can not shoot any video! I have tried reboot and re-download of the GO App - nothing is fixing it. Enable/disable mic etc does not help as a workaround.

Is there a new version due that is expected to fix this Microphone not being recognised - for Pixel 2 with the latest version of Android?
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi guys, we are working on getting the issue sorted out, the new DJI GO V3.1.28 will be released very soon, please update when it is available for you, we appreciate your patience and sincerely apologize for the trouble caused.
2018-1-29
Use props
Benzerg
New
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-29 02:33
Hi guys, we are working on getting the issue sorted out, the new DJI GO V3.1.28 will be released very soon, please update when it is available for you, we appreciate your patience and sincerely apologize for the trouble caused.

Exactly what you said a month ago before announcing it was fixed with the update. Better communication is required. The fact that I've had my osmo over a month and still am unable to use it is incredibly annoying. put me off buying any more DJI products truth be told.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Benzerg Posted at 2018-1-29 03:40
Exactly what you said a month ago before announcing it was fixed with the update. Better communication is required. The fact that I've had my osmo over a month and still am unable to use it is incredibly annoying. put me off buying any more DJI products truth be told.

We understand how frustrated you are, and we do have got it sorted out in the last DJI Go for Android 8.0, but it seems the issue persists for Android 8.1, please wait patiently for the next APP release, thank you.
2018-2-3
Use props
Benzerg
New
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-3 02:09
We understand how frustrated you are, and we do have got it sorted out in the last DJI Go for Android 8.0, but it seems the issue persists for Android 8.1, please wait patiently for the next APP release, thank you.

And when android releases another update? we have to wait another half a year? not forgetting that Android 8 came out in the summer some time and we're now leaving winter, and you're app only just got an update out and .1 came...

I then did research into DJI's other apps, turns out people have been having major issues for years, So I'll be selling my osmo, and never buying another DJI product because I don't believe you can keep your features/app in a working state reliably.
2018-2-3
Use props
Igor Bujanovic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17333 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-26 02:02
For the crash issue, please help to find the log in mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH for further analysis if you are convenient, once you export it, please upload to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link here, thank you for your time.
Our engineers are working on optimizing the microphone issue, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Application crashes upon start on both Pixel XL and Pixel 2 XL, the content of the directory is empty! No crash logs. The problem persist now for almost 2 months, and is still not solved??
2018-2-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules