New Osmo Mobile Not Charging
1852 10 2017-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jordyng
New
United States

Hi, all!

I just received a new Osmo Mobile today. I took off the plastic, installed the battery, plugged in the supplied 3.5mm/USB cord, and...nothing! I tried unplugging/replugging several times, tried different computers and wall outlets, double-checked to see if there was any plastic sticking to anything to no avail--the LED indicator doesn't light up at all and nothing indicates it's charging. Any insights? Am I missing something?

Thank you!

Jordyn
2017-12-25
Use props
jordyng
New
United States

Edited to add: Unfortunately, I do not have any other DJI products to test the battery or power cord on another device.
2017-12-25
Use props
angus ns
lvl.1
Canada

I'm having the same problem with my brand new DJI Osmo mobile, except the right LED is solid red. I was told to update the firmware, when I try that it gets to about 84% then an error message every time: 'Lost connection. Ensure the flight controller is connected to your computer.
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jordyn, sorry to read on this, please try to wipe the copper sheet inside the battery compartment with 95% alcohol and cotton swab, let the alcohol air dry.
If it does not work, wipe the battery contact with alcohol and cotton swab.  
Then please try to charge the battery again via computer USB port to see if the problem persists.
We apologize for the trouble caused.
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

angus ns Posted at 2017-12-25 16:20
I'm having the same problem with my brand new DJI Osmo mobile, except the right LED is solid red. I was told to update the firmware, when I try that it gets to about 84% then an error message every time: 'Lost connection. Ensure the flight controller is connected to your computer.

Hi Angus, may I know how you updated the firmware of Osmo Mobile? Via APP or DJI Assistant 2?
Please try to keep pressing the Trigger Button, then press Shutter button three times, let me know the color of right indicator, thank you.
2017-12-25
Use props
KA_FLA
New

United States

Same as the other posts... new Osmo Mobile... been trying to charge it with a brand from my PC USB, a brand new iPad charger, nothing will get any LED to light up on the device.  I've tried taking out the battery & cleaning the connections, making sure there is nothing interfering, etc.  It just simply isn't charging or working at all.  Appears to be dead out of the box.
2017-12-26
Use props
angus ns
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-25 22:27
Hi Angus, may I know how you updated the firmware of Osmo Mobile? Via APP or DJI Assistant 2?
Please try to keep pressing the Trigger Button, then press Shutter button three times, let me know the color of right indicator, thank you.

I've been trying the firmware update using DJI Assistant 2.

The right LED is red, then when I held the trigger button and pressed shutter three times, it has started flashing pink. Here is a short video:
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

angus ns Posted at 2017-12-26 13:49
I've been trying the firmware update using DJI Assistant 2.

The right LED is red, then when I held the trigger button and pressed shutter three times, it has started flashing pink. Here is a short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQiGYp26KwA

I guess it is red and yellow keeps flashing right? If yes, the gimbal needs to be updated.
Did you update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 successfully?
2017-12-27
Use props
angus ns
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-27 05:03
I guess it is red and yellow keeps flashing right? If yes, the gimbal needs to be updated.
Did you update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 successfully?

To me, it looks like it flashes pink Inot yellow).

I've tried the firmware update many times, it gets to 86% then displays an error message : 'Lost connection. Ensure the flight controller is connected to your controller.

This is a DJI Osmo Mobile, I'm not sure why it's referencing a flight controller.
2017-12-27
Use props
angus ns
lvl.1
Canada

angus ns Posted at 2017-12-27 05:10
To me, it looks like it flashes pink Inot yellow).

I've tried the firmware update many times, it gets to 86% then displays an error message : 'Lost connection. Ensure the flight controller is connected to your controller.

I just tried squeezing the trigger and pressed the shutter 3 times and the light turned green.
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

angus ns Posted at 2017-12-27 05:11
I just tried squeezing the trigger and pressed the shutter 3 times and the light turned green.

If the light turns to be green, it should work now.
How's the performance? Is there any further problem now?
2017-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules