Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to sign in to DJI 4 Go app rendering Phantom worthless
12Next >
4339 59 2017-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VaBarefootBoy
New
Flight distance : 63363 ft
United States

WORTHLESS, MY $1000 dollar plus Phantom, MY $1000 MAvic both worth about as much as a $50 horizon quad with a camera. WHY because DJI wants me to sign in before anyone can use their OWN PERSONAL camera quad. Yes it is only required once after and update or such, but if it will not "sign in" and reports

Sign in Failed
Sign in Failed.Check your network
         connection

My network connection is just fine
There needs to be a BYPASS of this REQUIREMENT when DJI has a PROBLEM

I can not use my equipment until ALLOWED by DJI via their App
It is not a hardware issue. I can see the connected camera picture for just a second before "Big Brother" steps in and brings up a SIGN IN screen.
No getting past it unless DJI servers allow the process to complete

I am past unhappy. I am looking for an alternative and may well be getting shed of thousands of dollars worth of equipment made / rendered worthless by an unusable app.

I will be looking into an alternative app that will allow me to use my drones.

I have been trying to Sign In from about 2pm EST til now 8:25 EST.
I have been checking the internet for ways to get past this draconian requirement by DJI to use my equipment. I will allow that it is their app and it has today earned its miserable 2.2 of 5 rating on the Apple App Store.

Tried signing in on iPhone 5 (new version), iPad mini and iPad all without success

I have found many (double digit many) forums stating that "They can not sign in to the DJI app" thus they can not use their equipment.
I will be looking into the Litchi App for the Mavic and Phantom. Maybe it will allow me to use the equipment I purchased when DJI is unusable.
Litchi App rates better on the Apple App store.

Godspeed & God bless
Merry Christmas
Stephen
2017-12-25
Use props
VaBarefootBoy
New
United States

obtw, I used a functioning, WiFi connection, I used a cell connection and even plugged into a Cat5 connection.
I rebooted my iPad, I deleted and reinstalled the app, several times

etc, etc, etc.
2017-12-25
Use props
Harveyc210
New
Canada

Most likely network overload with all the new accounts being created for Christmas present. Very disappointed with DJI not being ready for this.
2017-12-25
Use props
Dannylmatheson
New
United States

Same problem here! Very unhappy with a product that is rendered useless due to a stupid app issue!  Come on DJI! Surely you can do better than this!
2017-12-25
Use props
djiuser_YBqUec2
New

United States

I’m in the same boat.  After5 hours I just have up on it!
2017-12-25
Use props
narbox
New
Australia

Same problem , cant fly , need to login , cant login ?

1. check password = done
2. check internet connection = done
3. Uninstall app = done
4. reboot = done
5. install app agin = done
6. try and login = done = no luck
7. swipe down and check setting = done ??? wifi was off , but it was on before
8. Try login agin = no luck
9. try to re-register - no verification code shown ? = fail
10. Try with drone on = no luck
11. try with verification code in caps , and caps off = still fail
12.Try verification code, agin , and agin , and agin , = still fail
13. Close app, turn drone on , switch to wifi next to sd card, start app = fail , network
14. drone on , wifi on drone / remote on , phone plugged in = login fail
15. drone on remote on . restart app = same problem = check connection to network

** So the question is why have they not given us the option to stick with the current app and be able to fly the drone, We have no way of just flying if this new part of the app is not wanted. The new popup forces users to sign in, even if they don't want too. To make things worse, it looks like the new forces app upgrade and sign in has bugs. This is a huge disaster so close to Christmas, what a disappointment to new users.

** I paid good money for my drone, and to not be able to fly it is very frustrating. We are at the mercy of the app, when we should be supplied with a fallback app or a base app to be able to use the drone as described. All add-on's and extras are at our choose, and should not be forced on the end user, and should not make the end users device un-useable.

** So many end users above have the same problem, why is this new popup not rolled back until the bugs are fixed ?

** Did DJI just ground all air traffic ? Maybe they are out of the office for Christmas and no support is available, so they grounded all drones until they get back from holidays ?

** I thought I bought a device I can control ?  But It looks like DJI has all the control.

Please show some support if you agree, and ask DJI to have a fallback app that will always work , it might be old, it might not have the latest updates, but you will be able to fly with it. That is what I would if expected
2017-12-25
Use props
VaBarefootBoy
New
United States

We are not alone. I have found plenty of threads in the las year and a half with this problem and NO SOLUTION from any Administrator or DJI official.

I will try again tomorrow morning before I leave for our Cabin, which is out in the boonies and no WiFi or reliable Cell coverage.

There NEEDS to be a by pass. The quad will fly, the controls all work but it is not very useful if the DJI Go app will not.

DJI ARE YOU LISTENING. and yes i know i am shouting !
2017-12-25
Use props
fans8fee8adb
New

United States

HEY DJI - get your head out of the sand and post something on the forum or on the home page!  Your silence only exemplifies how pathetic your customer support is, and apparently the ineptitude of your CS department pales in comparison to your IT department.
2017-12-25
Use props
oconnor83
New

United States

Same exact problem here!!
2017-12-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I tried to sign in to my Go app last night, and it denied my password or user name about 8 times before it finally took.
Not sure if the DJI website was overloaded with the worldwide membership, all signing in at once, or exactly what.
Perhaps DJI were doing a routine web space maintenance, late at night, MST.

Anyhow, it is alright now. I advise anyone having signing in issues, to keep at it. & Eventually.

RedHotPoker
2017-12-25
Use props
fans2284afe3
New
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

Same issue.. contacted DJI support -they said they are aware of the problem, and that I may want to check again tomorrow... WTF? I have a $1,000 paperweight just in time for my trip that I bought it for.  Beyond frustrating.
2017-12-25
Use props
kennyf88
New
United States

Just got  Mavic for Christmas this morning and having the same issue. Been trying since 8 am EST and app keeps saying no internet connection, when my internet is working fine!
2017-12-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

fans2284afe3 Posted at 2017-12-25 18:47
Same issue.. contacted DJI support -they said they are aware of the problem, and that I may want to check again tomorrow... WTF? I have a $1,000 paperweight just in time for my trip that I bought it for.  Beyond frustrating.

DJI aren't responsible for your ultimate happiness so, it's probably wise to relax, and hold off writing the disgruntled feelings.
I understand your frustration, but do you really think DJI care? They are the number one-that's numero uno, drone manufacturers, on this tiny spinning planet. We are a minute fraction of their vast world domination, customer base...
Let's please be peaceful on Christmas.

Showing respect  to our hosts, on their forum.

There are other RC forums... See www.helifreak.com, the worlds largest RC flying forum, where there are no DJI reps. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-12-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I will be looking into the Litchi App for the Mavic and Phantom. Maybe it will allow me to use the equipment I purchased when DJI is unusable.
It's unfortunate that the DJI server was down.  That happens very rarely.
But once you have activated your Phantom, you don't need any internet connection or to log in to fly.
Litchi App rates better on the Apple App store.
Litchi is good or some particular features but the DJI app is better or all round flying.
Ignore the bad ratings. They are from users that either can't read and follow instructions or they tried to run the app on a device with less than adequate performance.   
2017-12-25
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

The problem is not that their servers went down. The real problem is the completely artificial, made up requirement to login! DJI obviously cares far more about collecting your data and regulating what you do with your property than about the customer.

Are you renting the drone from them? No? You bought it? Then they have no right to remotely regulate what you do with it or when you can use it. Do you have to login to your car to drive it? Does your car refuse to let you drive it on certain roads? No? According to DJI's made up rules, it should.
2017-12-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

David_ Posted at 2017-12-25 23:57
The problem is not that their servers went down. The real problem is the completely artificial, made up requirement to login! DJI obviously cares far more about collecting your data and regulating what you do with your property than about the customer.

Are you renting the drone from them? No? You bought it? Then they have no right to remotely regulate what you do with it or when you can use it. Do you have to login to your car to drive it? Does your car refuse to let you drive it on certain roads? No? According to DJI's made up rules, it should.

'Do you have to login to your car to drive it?'

Try driving a Tesla without logging on.....
2017-12-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Are you renting the drone from them? No? You bought it? Then they have no right to remotely regulate what you do with it or when you can use it. Do you have to login to your car to drive it? Does your car refuse to let you drive it on certain roads? No? According to DJI's made up rules, it should.

DJI obviously cares far more about collecting your data and regulating what you do with your property than about the customer.
Except that DJI don't collect any data or regulate what you do.
The people that make the most noise about this, just don't understand the true situation
Logging in to your account once after an update isn't much regulating.
2017-12-26
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-26 00:14
DJI obviously cares far more about collecting your data and regulating what you do with your property than about the customer.
Except that DJI don't collect any data or regulate what you do.
The people that make the most noise about this, just don't understand the true situation

This one login requirement creates situations where customers drive for hours to a remote site, only to be blocked from using the drone. Not being able to fly would be understandable if their battery was dead or some other real reason was stopping them from flying. The issue here is that logging in is an artificial requirement. That's the key point here. It is not actually needed to make the drone physically fly but DJI put it there anyway. This is clearly not in the customer's best interests and it rightly infuriates them.

"Oh, I just drove four hours and can't use my drone because of a login requirement and I can't login because their servers are down or there's no internet here? Oh, that makes sense. Logging in is more important to me than being able to fly today, anyway." -spoken by no one
2017-12-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

David_ Posted at 2017-12-26 00:27
This one login requirement creates situations where customers drive for hours to a remote site, only to be blocked from using the drone. Not being able to fly would be understandable if their battery was dead or some other real reason was stopping them from flying. The issue here is that logging in is an artificial requirement. That's the key point here. It is not actually needed to make the drone physically fly but DJI put it there anyway. This is clearly not in the customer's best interests and it rightly infuriates them.

"Oh, I just drove four hours and can't use my drone because of a login requirement and I can't login because their servers are down or there's no internet here? Oh, that makes sense. Logging in is more important to me than being able to fly today." -spoken by no one

And having been caught like that once or just hearing about it should be enough to make sure that you don't get caught that way again.
It's pretty easy
Just turn off auto-update on your device.
And if you want to double check, do that before a long trip to a remote area.
2017-12-26
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-26 00:31
And having been caught like that once or just hearing about it should be enough to make sure that you don't get caught that way again.
It's pretty easy
Just turn off auto-update on your device.

Do I really have to explain why that is a poor argument? "Before you use our product, read through thousands of forum posts and write down any gotchas you find. Also, don't trust our updates." -written in no instruction manual ever.
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Stephen, this situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused, we're aware of the server issue and have fixed it. Please try later to see whether it works. Come back to us if you have any other questions.
2017-12-26
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-26 02:48
Hi Stephen, this situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused, we're aware of the server issue and have fixed it. Please try later to see whether it works. Come back to us if you have any other questions.

Did you permanently remove the login requirement? If not, then you have not fixed it! Tell your boss to remove the login requirement! Flying my drone should not depend on your servers!
2017-12-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

David_ Posted at 2017-12-26 09:49
Did you permanently remove the login requirement? If not, then you have not fixed it! Tell your boss to remove the login requirement! Flying my drone should not depend on your servers!

Flying your drone does not depend on DJI servers once you have activated your drone.

And drop he aggression.  It's not helping and won' achieve anything.
2017-12-26
Use props
Al S. Alice's H
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50259 ft
United States

Think of all the crashes that were avoided because of the server issues.
2017-12-26
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-26 13:18
Flying your drone does not depend on DJI servers once you have activated your drone.

And drop he aggression.  It's not helping and won' achieve anything.

"Activating" your drone is another unnecessary, artificial "requirement" that should be removed. There is no reason for requiring login/activation that justifies completely blocking a new customer from using his drone. DJI knows this too and that is why they are silent about it. Hide and hope people forget about it.
2017-12-26
Use props
PowellSkier
lvl.2
United States

To all you new-owner drone whiners. After 65% of render your new drone worthless by crashing on your first flight, I suggest using the network down-time in reading the manuals, watching YouTube clips, and learning all you can about the drone before flying it. These drones are NOT fly-out-of-the-box toys. New owners need to understand that there is a steep learning curve in flying these machines. The sign-up and log-in requirements helps DJI support their customers better as it gives them access to flight logs and data in the event of a malfunction of these sophisticated "toys". (These flight logs are uploaded to them through the Assistant 2 App with your permission first)

So, quit your whining, study the manuals, and learn everything you can about these drones before launch.
2017-12-26
Use props
PowellSkier
lvl.2
United States

Are you renting the drone from them? No? You bought it? Then they have no right to remotely regulate what you do with it or when you can use it. Do you have to login to your car to drive it? Does your car refuse to let you drive it on certain roads? No? According to DJI's made up rules, it should.

Are you required to get a drivers license before driving your car? Are you required to register the car with your state government before you can drive your car? YES

The sign-in requirement is only needed the FIRST time you fly your drone.
2017-12-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David_ Posted at 2017-12-26 14:55
"Activating" your drone is another unnecessary, artificial "requirement" that should be removed. There is no reason for requiring login/activation that justifies completely blocking a new customer from using his drone. DJI knows this too and that is why they are silent about it. Hide and hope people forget about it.

You need to log in to your DJI account to post on the forum, is that any different ?

Most likely all these requirements are part of an audit trail requested by FAA (U.S) or CAA (U.K) etc. They have not the means to police drone usage, but if the technology itself can be used then so be it. All these procedures introduced by DJI seem to be getting, or are done with the approval of the various authorities throughout the world. Why would DJI spend money developing all these things if they did not have to ?
2017-12-26
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

There is a simple truth here that is being danced around and avoided.

Nothing should stop you from using a device you own other than physical problems like a dead battery.

That's all there is to it. I'm surprised that some people are ok with a company crossing that line and adding additional restrictions to no one's benefit but their own.
2017-12-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

David_ Posted at 2017-12-26 21:40
There is a simple truth here that is being danced around and avoided.

Nothing should stop you from using a device you own other than physical problems like a dead battery.

Nothing does stop me (or most users) from using my Phantoms other than physical problems like a dead battery.
That's the simple truth that you don't seem to understand.

That's all there is to it.
I'm surprised that some people (you) can't work that out for yourself.
As for DJI crossing that line and adding additional restrictions to no one's benefit but their own, that's just in your imagination.
2017-12-26
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-26 23:09
Nothing does stop me (or most users) from using my Phantoms other than physical problems like a dead battery.
That's the simple truth that you don't seem to understand.

If a customer's DJI app updated itself overnight and the next day they drove out somewhere to fly without internet, their drone would be bricked until they got internet again. Additionally, they would still be bricked with an unusable drone if the servers were overloaded which they have been several times in the past:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=125769
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=125784
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=114931
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=125835
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=79104
All would be solved by not forcing the user to login.

Nothing should ever stop you from flying except for real, physical issues like a dead battery or a broken propeller.

2017-12-27
Use props
VaBarefootBoy
New
United States

Works today but a day late.
2017-12-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

David_ Posted at 2017-12-27 09:35
If a customer's DJI app updated itself overnight and the next day they drove out somewhere to fly without internet, their drone would be bricked until they got internet again. Additionally, they would still be bricked with an unusable drone if the servers were overloaded which they have been several times in the past:

Anyone with any smarts doesn't leave their device to auto-update apps and they check things are al OK before a trip to a remote location.
They also don't post the same nonsense over and over in multiple threads and enlarged type.
2017-12-27
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David_ Posted at 2017-12-27 09:35

So has it stopped you flying ?

2017-12-27
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

Although it is fun to try to steer the topic away from the original point, the fact remains that from a customer satisfaction standpoint, the login issue that customers faced was not their fault (many were new customers) and would not have happened at all if logging in wasn't required. Technically, if DJI cared about customers and wanted to make sure this reoccurring incident never happens again, they would remove the login requirement. They are hiding from this fact and will not directly address it.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=114931
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=125835
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=79104
2017-12-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David_ Posted at 2017-12-29 10:43
Although it is fun to try to steer the topic away from the original point, the fact remains that from a customer satisfaction standpoint, the login issue that customers faced was not their fault (many were new customers) and would not have happened at all if logging in wasn't required. Technically, if DJI cared about customers and wanted to make sure this reoccurring incident never happens again, they would remove the login requirement. They are hiding from this fact and will not directly address it.

Focusing on the original point

Most likely all these requirements are part of an audit trail requested by FAA (U.S) or CAA (U.K) and other world wide aviation bodies. They have not the means to police drone usage, but if the technology itself can be used then so be it. All these procedures introduced by DJI seem to be getting, or are done with the approval of the various authorities throughout the world.

Why would DJI spend money developing all these things if they did not have to ?

The fact that some could not log into, nor create their accounts on Christmas day was not good, but it happened. Login problems are few and far between, and only required once until the next update (or that has been the case so far). For most people, most of the time, it is not a problem.

2017-12-29
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-29 19:58
Focusing on the original point

Most likely all these requirements are part of an audit trail requested by FAA (U.S) or CAA (U.K) and other world wide aviation bodies. They have not the means to police drone usage, but if the technology itself can be used then so be it. All these procedures introduced by DJI seem to be getting, or are done with the approval of the various authorities throughout the world.

In my opinion, there is no reason DJI should care at all about what the FAA wants. Issues the FAA has with someone flying a drone are between the FAA and that specific person at that specific time. It is not DJI's job or responsibility to be the drone police. No other drone manufacturers care about what the FAA wants because they rightly know that it is none of their business.

Your answer is speculation. The question still remains to be officially answered. Why does DJI force the customer to log in, even when this decision has resulted in so many upset customers? What is it about forcing a customer to log in that is so much more important than customer satisfaction?
2017-12-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David_ Posted at 2017-12-29 21:29
In my opinion, there is no reason DJI should care at all about what the FAA wants. Issues the FAA has with someone flying a drone are between the FAA and that specific person at that specific time. It is not DJI's job or responsibility to be the drone police. No other drone manufacturers care about what the FAA wants because they rightly know that it is none of their business.

"there is no reason DJI should care at all about what the FAA wants."

The air authorities would have the powers to completely ban drones from flying, that would be one reason.

"Your answer is speculation. The question still remains to be officially answered."

Not so, I prefer factual information rather that speculative:-

https://www.arpas.uk/dji-introdu ... e-pilots-in-the-uk/

"Tim Johnson, Policy Director at the UK Civil Aviation Authority, said: “Anyone operating a drone must do so responsibly and observe all relevant rules and regulations. The rules for flying drones are designed to keep all airspace users safe. We welcome any initiative that reinforces the importance of safe and responsible drone use.”
The quiz will consist out of eight questions that must be answered correctly. Drone pilots can keep answering new questions until they pass successfully. DJI launched the Knowledge Quiz in the US in November with the backing of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). DJI plans to roll the quiz out to other countries soon.
According to DJI, ARPAS-UK, the professional trade association for Remotely Piloted Aircraft and Systems, welcomed the introduction of DJI’s Knowledge Quiz: “We fully support DJI’s new GO4 app feature, giving users the opportunity to demonstrate their understanding of the local laws & commitment to fly-safe when operating UAV/Drones in the UK”."

"What is it about forcing a customer to log in that is so much more important than customer satisfaction?"

How about air safety ?

2017-12-30
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-29 19:58
Focusing on the original point

I am very sure that no authorities has requested DJI to implement all this odd limitations as nowhere is there any laws stating this is a requirement to have implemented this in drones.

The very obvious reason for DJI to put so much effort in this is that they hope by doing it they can show off and hope it would result in requirements by law. This would make DJI two steps ahead and making them able to license the technology to other producers.

Worst thing is that DJI keep forcing this crap over existing customers and is adding new strange limits and issues to already bought equipment.
2017-12-30
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-30 02:41
"there is no reason DJI should care at all about what the FAA wants."

The air authorities would have the powers to completely ban drones from flying, that would be one reason.

"How about air safety ?"
If really DJI cared about safety they should get all the strange issues solved instead of keep implementing new strange limitation features.
2017-12-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules