Battery or I am dumb?
772 9 2017-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qeGWe91
lvl.2
United States

I got a new Phantom 4 Pro and scatched my head when I went to charge the battery. Tried the double tap and any combo of other presses. nothing, no lights no charge. Tried leaving it on charge for a while. still nothing. I bought two spares and the first lit up and charged fine. Tried the second spare and it behaved just like the first. nothing. Am I just unlucky or missing something? Yes I again watched the videos and did the tap, tap again holding for 2 secs along with a lot of other tries.

The app as is well known was useless(cant login) so I flew it old school without wrecking it. I know I jinxed myself but hey for a rookie I am pleased. Any help on the batteries and how often do the DJI servers go down??
2017-12-25
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

It's pretty rare for the servers to go down.  It has been reported by some that a non responsive battery will charge if you leave it plugged in overnight.  good luck.
2017-12-25
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Battery is bad. You shouldn't have to do anything - when you plug it in, the button should light solid green and the led's should start blinking indicating a charge. If it does anything else when you plug it into the charger, it's dead.  Unless it's good and already fully charged, of course. Then there should be no lights....

My P4P came with a bad batt out of the box also and I had to get a replacement down at the BestBuy I bought it from.
2017-12-25
Use props
djiuser_qeGWe91
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the replies and at least I was able to login and get the app working. I looked around in the other forums and many were unable to login and a support response was the servers were the issue. Seems crazy you have to be logged in to get the app to work. I can think of many uses where there is no wireless or cell. Too bad about the batteries.  Weird that 2 out of 3 were bad. Mine are also Best Buy purchases.
2017-12-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Did you actually double press the power button, and hold it in for three seconds, until it powers up...?

Same sequence to turn on the RC.

You do this sequence to shut it down as well.

RedHotPoker
2017-12-25
Use props
randygd
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-12-25 20:43
Did you actually double press the power button, and hold it in for three seconds, until it powers up...?

Same sequence to turn on the RC.

yes as stated above
2017-12-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The app as is well known as useless ...
Really?   I thought I knew a bit about using DJI and haven't heard this.
I think the app is great and use it for most of my flying.
2017-12-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-25 22:00
The app as is well known as useless ...
Really?   I thought I knew a bit about using DJI and haven't heard this s.
I think the app is great and use it for most of my flying.

True, it's not the app. Been using all versions as they are released.

I update usually the same day the new firmware or app are upgraded. Never had a single issue in three years.

It's definitely not the app, as the culprit. Atleast not here.

RedHotPoker
2017-12-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm lost as to what logging in and the app has to do with a battery fault on the charger.

If you've plugged it into the charger, tried to power on (this kicks it), and left it to sit for 24 hours - and nothing - it's gone into deep-deep-deep hibernation and never to return. Send them back. Seriously, if they are brand new, don't waste your time...
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear the battery issue. Please start a case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support Regarding the server issue, we have fixed it and apologize for the inconvenience again.
2017-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules