1110 8 2017-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

I am traveling and brought my inspire 1Pro with me to get some aerials. However I’m having an issue with the maps loading into the DJI GO app. Apple maps is loading, google maps is loading but DJI GO is stuck in my home location back in the states,what do I have to do so they load into the app? Yes it’s my first time leaving the country with my bird.
I hope I get it solved in the morning, have some interesting locations to visit.
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mixchief, did you enable ''Cache Map in the Background'' in General Settings?
Please zoom out the map in DJI Go to load more locations.
Please let me know if the problem persists and happy holiday.
2017-12-26
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
Colombia

Yes it’s always selected Mindy, weird thing is that it appears correctly when app first loads in the small map but when I tap to open it reverts to my last location. Litchy however displays correctly. Well I’m flying today regardless but will be a little concerned if the app doesn’t know where it is.
2017-12-26
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

If it's correct when it first loads the smaller map, you then moving around the small map to let it continue to load surrounding areas. Also zoom into it to allow more details to be loaded as well.
2017-12-26
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
Colombia

Map didn’t load at all today in the DJI GO app,however litchi did instantly. DJI map was just blank white screen.somi ended up using litchi.
Now I come home and the map loads perfectly
2017-12-26
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
Colombia

mixchief Posted at 2017-12-26 12:25
Map didn’t load at all today in the DJI GO app,however litchi did instantly. DJI map was just blank white screen.somi ended up using litchi.
Now I come home and the map loads perfectly

Yesterday and today maps loaded correctly so that is ok there are two other threads I will start about a couple of other issues that popped up
2017-12-28
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

I have not been visiting my usual flying spot for over a month. Today, when I flew there, I only had partial map loaded. What I did was disable flight mode and let my android phone connect to the internet. At the same time I switched over to map from the camera mode. I moved around the map to cover a larger area as well as enlarging it for downloading for higher resolution and details. After completion, I turned back on flight mode and flew there for the next 90 minutes. Everything is all ok.
2017-12-29
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
Colombia

DTK Posted at 2017-12-29 01:38
I have not been visiting my usual flying spot for over a month. Today, when I flew there, I only had partial map loaded. What I did was disable flight mode and let my android phone connect to the internet. At the same time I switched over to map from the camera mode. I moved around the map to cover a larger area as well as enlarging it for downloading for higher resolution and details. After completion, I turned back on flight mode and flew there for the next 90 minutes. Everything is all ok.

Today I again had no map, probably because I turned iPad off to charge. Unfortunately I have no plan where I am so cell service is not an option. . I went to a park with WiFi iPad did not want to connect.Then right as I was going to fly anyway a park ranger stops and very politely informs me that in order to fly there I need permit from the arts and entertainment bureau. The weather was also turning so I gave up.. a bummer of a day.
2017-12-29
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

You can do the same when at home ie cache the map earlier.
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules