Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tablet for FPV?
2888 8 2015-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

All
Do you guys think this tablet would be suficient to use as a monitor for flying...getting tired of the small monitor on my iPhone

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg ... -certified-tablet-7

2015-4-18
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

I have 10 inch tablets but they are Apple.  But bigger is easier to see.
2015-4-18
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

Agree but harder to hold....so what do you think about the tablet in question. Just questioning whether or not the specs are good enough to process the video feed
2015-4-18
Use props
jtrjr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Tr,

Honestly, I wouldn't do it. My luck hasn't been very good on the Android tablet front. I don't know if it's the tablets or just the Android stuff in combination with DJI. I purchased a brand new Asus Nexus 7 from Amazon and I have a lot of camera freeze and app crash issues with my Phantom "flying" apps. I just got a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 to try that but I haven't set it up yet. I fly with both Android and IOS stuff and when I start to have issues I go back to the stock DJI Vision app and my iPad mini and I have very few problems. A camera freeze every now and again but nothing like what I've had wit the Android apps and devices including the stock DJI Vision Android app. If you really want to fly and not hassle with issues, break out the wallet and get the IOS stuff. Just my opinion, of course. If on the other hand, you're like me and you want to try every app out there just because you feel you have to and you're looking for the best of the best. I say go for it! Might save a few bucks but I'm not sure if I am.

Jerry
2015-4-18
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

trsmith18@hotma Posted at 2015-4-19 05:36
Agree but harder to hold....so what do you think about the tablet in question. Just questioning whet ...

It should be, but I'm not that familiar with androids.  Hopefully someone will step in with more knowledge about androids.  
2015-4-18
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

I use the new Nexus 7 with no problems. I have the preview quality set at 320x240 30fps . Screen brightness all way up to help in bright sunlight. Works good with the DJI app. It is an android tablet with a very high screen resolution which seems to be one of the keys in getting good views through FPV or the camera in standard flight.
2015-4-18
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

trsmith18
The tablet you linked will most likely work just fine using all the DJI Vision app features ECXEPT the Radar Function. When you are going north with the Phantom the Radar function in the app will show you going west.
There is a chance that it may work but I have tested 3 fair priced Android tablets, Asus Transformer 10', LG Gpad '10 and a Archos G9 '8(This one running the same android 4.2 as the tablet you linked-Android).
Like roy said, the Nexus 7 works fine. I may be wrong but I think the Nexus may work cause of its screen resolution or because I think the run Android 5.0. That's just a guess.
My LG G3 Android phone works just fine
For a Tablet I finally went with an IPad Air and it works perfect.

Here is the post from when I was trying the Android tablets

2015-4-18
Use props
jtrjr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-4-19 06:55
I use the new Nexus 7 with no problems. I have the preview quality set at 320x240 30fps . Screen bri ...

Roy,

I found out in the past few days that even though I just bought the thing, brand new, it's a Gen 1. I have heard that the Gen 2 model is quite improved. I actually sent mine off for a developer to do some testing with it because of all the issues I've been having, maybe I just got a dud. As I stated in my post and always try to, all I've got is "my" opinions and experience. I've tried everything I can think of to get better results to no avail. It sounds like your experience has been much better. Glad to hear it!

Jerry
2015-4-18
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the input.
2015-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules