Activation issues with goggles and P4P
1552 13 2017-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans76aaf72e
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone have an answer as to why some of the goggles will not activate using the latest version of Assistant 2 or do I just send the Goggles back until I get a pair that will activate as easy as some have said? Done everything possible with switching cables and loading new software and the software does not recognize the goggles when pugged in. I almost assume there is a bad contact internally to the USB port that makes it past the QC check and they keep getting sent out after returns. Like others, wasted a whole day on this simple task with no results. Thought about getting a Mavic from Costco to activate the goggles then returning it. Might have saved 6 hours other than all the stuff I would have bought at Costco I didn't need like usual.
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Sir, we are so sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties with activation process.
So the main issue is that the DJI Assistant 2 cannot recognize the Goggles right? May I know the version of DJI Assistant 2?
Will DJI Assistant 2 recognize Phantom 4 Pro? Have you tried that?
2017-12-29
Use props
fans76aaf72e
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-29 03:00
Hello Sir, we are so sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties with activation process.
So the main issue is that the DJI Assistant 2 cannot recognize the Goggles right? May I know the version of DJI Assistant 2?

V1.1.6  the latest download from the site. It does not see the P4P either
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans76aaf72e Posted at 2018-1-5 14:05
V1.1.6  the latest download from the site. It does not see the P4P either

Then it may be the issue of DJI Assistant 2 or your computer, please try to install the DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.0 here: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
Please make sure everything is installed successfully, if the problem persist, we recommend to try another computer for a brief troubleshooting, we apologize again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-1-5
Use props
fans76aaf72e
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-5 22:57
Then it may be the issue of DJI Assistant 2 or your computer, please try to install the DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.0 here: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
Please make sure everything is installed successfully, if the problem persist, we recommend to try another computer for a brief troubleshooting, we apologize again for the inconvenience caused.

I uninstalled the previous version of the DJI assistant 2 and installed the version you linked. Same issue. I then loaded it on new windows 10 laptop and the goggles activated as the DJI instructions indicate. It appears it still does not work on windows 8.1. The new version also contains Trojan viruses that are cleaned up by the anti virus (fortunately). I can't even begin to tell you how many hours are wasted trying to activate the goggles with bad software. DJI really needs to tell others having this issue what the problem is because the frustration level is very high when this simple task does not work. It is especially bad when the newest version released a few days ago activates the goggles per the instructions in just a few minutes (on windows 10 anyway). Thanks for the correct link but for the sake of others, please clean up your software or get rid of the activation requirement.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans76aaf72e Posted at 2018-1-6 09:18
I uninstalled the previous version of the DJI assistant 2 and installed the version you linked. Same issue. I then loaded it on new windows 10 laptop and the goggles activated as the DJI instructions indicate. It appears it still does not work on windows 8.1. The new version also contains Trojan viruses that are cleaned up by the anti virus (fortunately). I can't even begin to tell you how many hours are wasted trying to activate the goggles with bad software. DJI really needs to tell others having this issue what the problem is because the frustration level is very high when this simple task does not work. It is especially bad when the newest version released a few days ago activates the goggles per the instructions in just a few minutes (on windows 10 anyway). Thanks for the correct link but for the sake of others, please clean up your software or get rid of the activation requirement.

Sir, we apologize again for the unpleasant experience with our software, I will forward the issue to our engineers to keep improving our products and software to make you have a better experience in the future.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Thank you.
2018-1-8
Use props
fans76aaf72e
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-8 00:36
Sir, we apologize again for the unpleasant experience with our software, I will forward the issue to our engineers to keep improving our products and software to make you have a better experience in the future.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Thank you.

You may want to consider locating the latest software under the goggles download section rather than the Phantom 4 pro section. Also be aware that the latest version of the DJI assistant contains Trojan viruses that were picked up by the antivirus upon installation. Fortunatly for me, I was able to do the install and activate the goggles and then remove the threats after.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans76aaf72e Posted at 2018-1-9 05:00
You may want to consider locating the latest software under the goggles download section rather than the Phantom 4 pro section. Also be aware that the latest version of the DJI assistant contains Trojan viruses that were picked up by the antivirus upon installation. Fortunatly for me, I was able to do the install and activate the goggles and then remove the threats after.[view_image]

Thanks for your feedback, we have confirmed with engineers, if your download DJI Assistant 2 from official website, it's just a false warning, no worries.
We will keep updating the website to make customers have a better experience.
2018-1-10
Use props
Magog Drone Tes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16001 ft
Canada

I've the Dji google with the mavic and it took me 30 minutes to set them up. You need the put all the software update on the drone and google. Once that done, turn the wifi switch on, and touch the pairing button on the drone and your supposed to be able to connect easily after that.
2018-1-12
Use props
Seasideflyer
lvl.1
United States

Having the same exact issue. Actually have given up on the goggles for a while. I also contemplated going to Costco and buying a Mavic and then returning it. But I didn't want to be that guy. This thread gives me a glimmer of hope. So to confirm, all I have to do is go buy a new computer? Any other options?
2018-3-19
Use props
fans76aaf72e
lvl.1
United States

Seasideflyer Posted at 2018-3-19 00:11
Having the same exact issue. Actually have given up on the goggles for a while. I also contemplated going to Costco and buying a Mavic and then returning it. But I didn't want to be that guy. This thread gives me a glimmer of hope. So to confirm, all I have to do is go buy a new computer? Any other options?

I used a windows 10 PC and it worked like the manual. nothing worked on Windows 8. Maybe borrow one from a friend. It only takes a couple of minutes when it works. Should not happen to begin with.
2018-3-19
Use props
Super
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-29 03:00

I'm trying to activate mine also, for the last hour and a half, searching all these you tube videos, forums, no help. I have a P4P pro. Looking in the goggles it says activating.
2018-9-8
Use props
Super
lvl.1
United States

After watching the tutorial on the DJI p4p site, and plugging in the USB port of my computer, the assistant isn't recognizing it. I'm using windows 10 also.
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Super Posted at 2018-9-8 01:11
After watching the tutorial on the DJI p4p site, and plugging in the USB port of my computer, the assistant isn't recognizing it. I'm using windows 10 also.

Hi Super, sorry for the difficulties on activating Goggles, may I verify it the DJI Assistant 2 was downloaded from Goggles Download page: https://www.dji.com/dji-goggles/info#downloads?
2018-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules