Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P2 Install Of IRC600mw, IOSD, H4-3d - What Component Locations Are Best
1345 5 2015-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
barcohome
New

United States

My first post here as I am new to Arial Imaging with drones...

I just received this setup...

P2 vers 2
H4-3d
Immersion RC 600mw TX
IOSD Mini
Plug and play cable for TX/IOSD Mini
Fat shark Antennas
Black Pearl 7ch Rx/Monitor

And I am on the fence regarding installation placement of the components.

After reading numerous threads and watching many videos I understand the limitations of the different installs.

I guess my choices are the following...

1. Install Gimbal Anti Interference board, IOSD, and CanBus inside the phantom. RX outside...

Good points are.. Clean, Less FPV interference since Video TX is further away from IOSD and Anti Interference Board.

Bad points are.. IOSD Heat and not enough IOSD ventilation. Have to uncap the P2 to update or use the IOSD software.

2. Install Gimbal Anti Interference board Inside. CanBus, IOSD and Vid TX outside.

Good points... More room on the belly of the P2, since the Anti Int board is inside. More ventilation for the IOSD incase it heats up. Easy to update the IOSD and use the assistant software.

Bad Points... Possible Vid interference because IOSD and cables are close to the Vid TX. Not as clean of an install.

3. Everything on the outside

Good Points... Easier, everything is accessible,

Bad Points... Not as clean, not as much room on the belly, might need to adjust CG data because of displaced weight. Not as much space on the belly.

Can you guys please give me some feedback on what option is the best and why...

Thanks JB
2015-4-18
Use props
barcohome
New

United States

Where is the recommendation to install the Can Bus outside?  I thought I was thorough when checking out the manuals.

JB
2015-4-18
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-4-18
Use props
oakspi
Second Officer

United States

I mounted my canbus and Mini IOSD, anti interference board inside at the front of the airframe.  The ImmersionRC Video Transmitter is underneath.  I worked for me.
2015-4-19
Use props
barcohome
New

United States

Finished the instal and I'm pretty happy with the results...

Interference board inside opposite bat cables.  IOSD Inside on empty space left of the MC/NAZA. Relocated The Canbus inside front of battery compartment with Velcro.

Thanks for the help

JB  
2015-4-19
Use props
oakspi
Second Officer

United States

Your welcome.
2015-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now