Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4.1.18 Crashing
1246 11 2017-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gustavoaguiar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1363419 ft
Brazil

Hi, does anybody else have issues with DJI GO 4.1.18? Since this version, the app is crashing all of a suden. It is a terrible feeling when the app just close and you lose the video feed.
I uninstalled e reinstalled but the issue persists.

I am flying with:
Mobile: Moto Z2 Play
RC and MP firmware: v01.04.0100

Thanks for the help!

2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Maybe you can try to reinstall the app several times. Please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before your reinstallation.
If it doesn't help, since the device you are using is not the recommended device, could you please try another device that is on the support list to ensure the compatibility, or you can try to update the app when the new version is released. devide support list.png
2017-12-26
Use props
gustavoaguiar
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-26 21:24
Maybe you can try to reinstall the app several times. Please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before your reinstallation.
If it doesn't help, since the device you are using is not the recommended device, could you please try another device that is on the support list to ensure the compatibility, or you can try to update the app when the new version is released.[view_image]

I really can't believe that a brand new device like Moto Z2 Play is not compatible with DJI Go 4 with an update, I would like to ask DJI to invest some time fixing the app. I am not the only one with that crash issue.

By the way, where do I see this device list you shared here as a screenshot? Do you have the link?

I heard that iOS already has a new version, .20, right? Do you know why it isn't available at Android store?
2017-12-27
Use props
Locoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

gustavoaguiar Posted at 2017-12-27 03:24
I really can't believe that a brand new device like Moto Z2 Play is not compatible with DJI Go 4 with an update, I would like to ask DJI to invest some time fixing the app. I am not the only one with that crash issue.

By the way, where do I see this device list you shared here as a screenshot? Do you have the link?

I am very surprised you have not been to this site yet.

\https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
by the way, this page and list of devices has not been "totally" updated for a while.
2017-12-27
Use props
Simmo1
First Officer
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

The list thats touted totally doesnt work. The new app is too resource hungry. There are too many complaints right across the world at this time. DJI fix your app. End of story.
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

gustavoaguiar Posted at 2017-12-27 03:24
I really can't believe that a brand new device like Moto Z2 Play is not compatible with DJI Go 4 with an update, I would like to ask DJI to invest some time fixing the app. I am not the only one with that crash issue.

The new 4.1.22 for Android has now released, please check and update it and see if the app will still crash. You can visit the website at the link below, and Locoman has also posted it.
Besides, Android app and iOS app might not be released at the same time, they have different systems, thank you for your understanding. https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Simmo1 Posted at 2017-12-27 04:18
The list thats touted totally doesnt work. The new app is too resource hungry. There are too many complaints right across the world at this time. DJI fix your app. End of story.

If users who use the device on the support have issues with the DJI GO/DJI GO 4 app, we hope you can report to me or our support. Every feedback will be appreciated and we will do the best to resolve. Thank you for bringing us the attention. May I know the specific issue that you have? I will try my best to help.
2017-12-28
Use props
Simmo1
First Officer
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-28 01:10
If users who use the device on the support have issues with the DJI GO/DJI GO 4 app, we hope you can report to me or our support. Every feedback will be appreciated and we will do the best to resolve. Thank you for bringing us the attention. May I know the specific issue that you have? I will try my best to help.

Thankyou for your reply but with all due respect, DJI would have to be blind to not see that there are so many issues at this time, the only thing that has changed???? Go4 .18 and its same titled variants.
Here is my other thread..
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1087577

I wont go find ALL the others, because it is impossible for DJI not to know about these issues.

If I did not have Litchi to fly with right now, my Mavic may as well be a brick, and I would be sending it back for a refund.
2017-12-28
Use props
Simmo1
First Officer
Australia

I thought I would entertain you all with a video of the latest Android Go 4 app .22.
2017-12-28
Use props
Beeworld
Second Officer
Flight distance : 190259 ft
Australia

Simmo1 Posted at 2017-12-28 22:45
I thought I would entertain you all with a video of the latest Android Go 4 app .22.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC36QU_BsLQ

Ouch! Makes flying challenging...
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Simmo1 Posted at 2017-12-28 03:01
Thankyou for your reply but with all due respect, DJI would have to be blind to not see that there are so many issues at this time, the only thing that has changed???? Go4 .18 and its same titled variants.
Here is my other thread..
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=124096&page=1#pid1087577

Simmo1, I had updated your post, please check. Thank you.
2017-12-29
Use props
gustavoaguiar
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-28 01:06
The new 4.1.22 for Android has now released, please check and update it and see if the app will still crash. You can visit the website at the link below, and Locoman has also posted it.
Besides, Android app and iOS app might not be released at the same time, they have different systems, thank you for your understanding. https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

Finally I was able to test the new version 4.1.22 with my DJI Mavic Pro using Android 7 with Moto Z2 Play.

Unfortunatelly the app crashed all flights I did. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, disabled the mobile recording but it is terrible to use it since version 4.1.18.

I don't accept what some say that Android is open SO as an excuse to the app crash. After all, until version 4.1.15 the app run smoothly.

I wish DJI and the Support team help me. It's very frustrating having such an expensive product and the app is terrible to use. I went blind while flying and it's very annoying and make me nervous while the app is reloading manually after the serial crashing.
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules