DJI Mavic Pro Use Any VR Goggles?
20790 13 2017-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brandaloo
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I have a cheap pair of goggles that came with a promark drone.

The way I used them for that drone was by clicking the VR button on my phone which split the screen into two sections. Then I would just snap my phone into the goggles and use it as the screen.

My question is, instead of buying the $400 pair of DJI goggles, can I use the pair that I already have? In other words, is there a button on the app for the Mavic Pro that splits my phone into two sections that I could then snap into my Promark goggles? Or do I even need to that?

Thank you!
2017-12-26
Use props
Brandaloo
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-26 12:09
Not with the DJI Go app but if you get Litchi there is the option for what you wish to do.

Cool, thank you.

Litchi is an app that will work with the Mavic?
2017-12-26
Use props
Brandaloo
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-26 12:46
Litchi works with most DJI birds including the Mavic.  It is a standalone flight program similar to the Go app.  It also offers many of the custom flight modes like those included in the Go app like Follow, Orbit, etc..  For many the best thing Litchi does is it allows you to program fully autonomous flights that your bird will execute even when beyond RC range.  This means you could take a bird with short RC range like a Phantom 3 Standard & get shots from many miles distant.  You just have to do your homework on planning the flights as the bird is simply following your instructions.  Birds with Obstacle Avoidance like the Mavic offer a degree of protection from faulty programming but not it isn't 100% foolproof .  When you can accomplish with Litchi is pretty amazing.  The following were all recorded with Phantom 3 Standards.

https://youtu.be/0Fl0e91hAi4

Thank you for the info.

Those videos are incredible!
2017-12-26
Use props
Brandaloo
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-26 13:32
Thank you.  I'm a huge Litchi fan!

One more question.

Are the cheapest goggles that will work with the Mavic Pro without Litchi these ones for $400?

https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Goggl ... o+goggles&psc=1

I saw somewhere that Shark goggles also work but I think those were even more expensive
2017-12-26
Use props
Brandaloo
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-26 13:32
Thank you.  I'm a huge Litchi fan!

I keep seeing a bunch of Mavic bundles with these in them. Would these work with the DJI app or do I need the Litchi app for them?

ULTIMAXX VR Goggles
2017-12-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check this app out Mavic Fpv it’s 5.99
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Brandaloo, For the VR Goggles, we only suggest using DJI Goggles with Mavic Pro, other devices might not compatible with the drone. Thank you so much of your attention and your kind understanding.
2017-12-26
Use props
Brandaloo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-26 21:18
Hi Brandaloo, For the VR Goggles, we only suggest using DJI Goggles with Mavic Pro, other devices might not compatible with the drone. Thank you so much of your attention and your kind understanding.

Thanks. I got the DJI ones to go with my Mavic that I just got yesterday.

I can't even tell you how much time I've spent looking at videos and tutorials and reading manuals.

Gonna take her out for the first time tomorrow. Can't wait.
2017-12-29
Use props
Brandaloo
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-26 18:53
I must confess I waited a long time before pulling the trigger on goggles & only recently purchased both the white DJI Goggles along with the new black Racing Edition model.  The completely wireless connection to a Mavic, spectacular image resolution, signal clarity & range, & immersive FPV experience in really nice.  Not to say they are perfect as the DJI goggles are large & weighty at 2 pounds.  More troublesome is the lack of a built-in diopter adjustment meaning, dependent on your vision, you may need an inexpensive pair of readers or the more eloquent "Focus Fixers" to achieve sharp focus.

That said, Fat Sharks really can't compare.  There is no convenient means of connecting them to a Mavic short of using a device with HDMI out.  The resolution of the Fat Sharks & apparent image size is also much lower.  

Thanks for the input! I went with the DJI goggles. Gonna test them out tomorrow.
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Brandaloo Posted at 2017-12-29 22:56
Thanks. I got the DJI ones to go with my Mavic that I just got yesterday.

I can't even tell you how much time I've spent looking at videos and tutorials and reading manuals.

Congrats! Enjoy your time! And please pay attention to the environment and operations. Happy flying.
2018-1-1
Use props
Brandaloo
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-30 06:41
Excellent!  Congrats I look forward to your thoughts on the flight experience.

Been flying with the goggles as often as my 3 battery cycle will allow me to and I'm having a blast.

The only complaint I have about the goggles is that my neck does get a bit tired after having them on for around 30 minutes straight.  I'm sure the weight is necessary though so I'm not really complaining and I'd imagine that I'll build up a tolerance or stamina the more I use them.

One thing I was worried about was the battery life on them. I can say that I ran my Mavic down to empty on 3 consecutive batteries and the goggles still weren't even close to drained. The remote with the Mavic is the same way which is great. I'm sure the excellent battery life is the main reason for the weight of the goggles.

The best part about the goggles is that you can take other people "for a ride" while still being able to use your device to see everything at the same time. I even had my Mom give them a try and she was pretty impressed!

Now that I have the goggles I can't really imagine not having them as an option. Personally, I think it's way more fun to have the goggles and fly with them on compared to just having your device screen to look at. So ya, I couldn't recommend the goggles enough!
2018-1-1
Use props
Brandaloo
lvl.1
United States

Woe Posted at 2017-12-26 16:44
Check this app out Mavic Fpv it’s 5.99

Which app is $5.99?
2018-1-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

The app is called Mavic fpv. Look it up on YouTube
2018-1-1
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-26 12:46
Litchi works with most DJI birds including the Mavic.  It is a standalone flight program similar to the Go app.  It also offers many of the custom flight modes like those included in the Go app like Follow, Orbit, etc..  For many the best feature of Litchi is it allows you to program fully autonomous flights that your bird will execute even when beyond RC range.  This means you could take a bird with short RC range like a Phantom 3 Standard & get shots from many miles distant.  You just have to do your homework on planning the flights as the bird is simply following your instructions.  Birds with Obstacle Avoidance like the Mavic offer a degree of protection from faulty programming but that is not 100% foolproof .  What you can accomplish with Litchi is pretty amazing.  The following were all recorded with Phantom 3 Standards.

https://youtu.be/0Fl0e91hAi4

very beautiful and inspiring
2018-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules