1671 8 2015-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Hi,My first quad is going to be a P3 and I have a few questions,
Will the P3 have the same homepoint system as the inpire where it flies home to the remote rather than the last home point?
Will it be possible to take a photo while filming? Any Inspire owners able to do this with the current app?
Noob Question: The 4K version only shoots 12 MP photos. Would it be better to record in 4K then screen cap where you wanted the photo to be in the video for better quality? For example I want a photo of a tree. I fly up to the tree, filming, hover where I want to take the photo, but instead of taking the photo I keep filming. Then I land, rewatch the video on my tablet then screen cap a part of the video where I wanted the shot of the tree. Would that be better qualoty? Hope that makes sense and sorry for the noob question. Still have 1 more. Can any computer handle 4K or do you need a fast computer and do you have to process it a certain way or is it just like any other video? Can youtube and all these social media sites even handle 4K?

Thank you so much! If i have anymore questions ill add them here. Lets make this a thread for answering other peoples questions as well. Post Away!

PS: How do you make a petition? I want to start a petition to make DJI to show us sneek peeks inside their factory and show us how the Phantom is made! (Would be super cool)

2015-4-18
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

Anyone care to answer?
2015-4-19
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

There are answers to all your questions throughout the Phantom and Inspire forums, try the search function and have a look at the inspire forum as well with relation to questions involving that..A petition, really!, good luck with that...try one with Cadbury or Apple or Microsoft and see how that goes first...
2015-4-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The P3 does not have GPS in the Tx.

You either film or photo not both.

Yes image capture off of 4K video would be superior.

No, you need a great computer with an outstanding video card and a very fast hard drive of SSD.
2015-4-19
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-20 12:08
The P3 does not have GPS in the Tx.

You either film or photo not both.

Thanks!
What about the Advanced version? Better to image capture from video or just take the photo the regular way?
2015-4-19
Use props
WhirlyBirdImage
New

United States

YouTube can handle 4K, but keep in mind that if you save a file on your computer in 4K, but your monitor isn't set up for 4K, you may not be able to watch your video until you put it on YouTube.  Even on YouTube, you won't really be watching 4K.  I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop with the Intel I7 Core processor, it's a fairly beefy laptop that I got specifically so I could run multiple programs, Photoshop, Lightroom, my video editor etc...all at the same time.  Even with that, I can't see a 4K video on my screen.  Just something to think about.

It is my understanding that the RTH feature will only bring it back to where you took off from. It would be awesome if it would come back to where the controller is, however.  I've also seen that they have something set up where you can build your own app?  And there are several other functions that they talk about on there.  Good luck!
2015-4-20
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You might like to rethink that ...
Still Image size = 4000 x 3000 = 12MP
4K video frame = 4096x2160 = 8.8MP
If you want the best stills, shoot stills
2015-4-20
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

WhirlyBirdImage Posted at 2015-4-20 17:01
YouTube can handle 4K, but keep in mind that if you save a file on your computer in 4K, but your mon ...

Ya it would be pretty cool however like tahoe said earlier the remote has not gps so it would bw impossible
2015-4-20
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2015-4-20 18:22

I was thinking about the 4K on the Inspire.  Guys are getting better quality photos from a grab on their 4K video.  The cameras are the same on the Professional and the Inspire.  I am not sure why that would be different.
2015-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules