Incorrect altitud data while flying
1692 18 2017-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 952664 ft
Chile

I've been having a problem with the altitud data while flying.

It seams that it is showing the proximity sensors to calculate the altitude instead of the barometer information.

I wonder how can I fix this and if this can become a problem that may lead to an accident.

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.

Im using Andorid 7.1.2

App version 4.1.15

Using firmeware before 01.00.0900, I think its 01.00.0800 (Havent yet installed last firmeare till I know it is safe).

Using OTG and a Xiaomi MI A1.

Logs shows correct altitud data. It is just while flying.

Video of the screen recording:

Captura de pantalla 2017-12-26 a la(s) 18.00.36.png
2017-12-26
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Chile

Some times for just a second the correct altitude pops up but then shows incorrect one again.
2017-12-26
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your YouTube video recording of your flight doesn't seem to work.  Can you update it so that we can see what you are seeing?
Also, if you've checked your logs, maybe sharing your logs on http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and sharing the resulting URL will help us see what is going on.

2017-12-26
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Chile

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-12-26 15:20
Your YouTube video recording of your flight doesn't seem to work.  Can you update it so that we can see what you are seeing?
Also, if you've checked your logs, maybe sharing your logs on http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and sharing the resulting URL will help us see what is going on.

Thanks Kloo. I have seen your videos on Youtube and I just subscribed.

Here are the logs:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/5GZL29770RTB1YRYMOGP/

And will post youtube video here and see if it works. Not sure why it did not before.:

2017-12-26
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Chile

Here it is the complete video on normal speed

https://youtu.be/7YGnuad-urQ
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansf2304bca Posted at 2017-12-26 16:34
Here it is the complete video on normal speed

https://youtu.be/7YGnuad-urQ

Hi, sir. Did you try to fly without OTG cable? Did the altitude show correct data? Please try to reboot and cool down your drone and test again. Please keep us updated, thanks a lot.
2017-12-26
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, you've got a challenging environment to be taking off and landing from there!  Small area, lots of utility wires on 2 sides, house, car, fences!

Unfortunately I don't have any answers for you.  It was interesting in your video to see the height struggling with itself occasionally trying to show the true height, but flipping back immediately.  Do you have anything attached to your Spark that could be potentially interfering with the sensors?  Any landing legs, propeller guards, clear stickers over the sensors, etc, etc?

As an aside, be super careful with the location you were launching from.  The Spark is super sensitive to magnetic interference from large metal objects.  Make sure when you first take off with your Spark that the compass is pointing in the right direction.  In other words, when the Spark is facing east, make sure the compass on the screen is showing that it is point east.  Etc, Etc.  Does that make sense?  I'd hate for you to get a compass error, have it go into ATTI mode and have you crash or lose your Spark!  

Thanks for joining my YouTube channel!  Happy to have you with us!
2017-12-26
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Chile

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-26 20:19
Hi, sir. Did you try to fly without OTG cable? Did the altitude show correct data? Please try to reboot and cool down your drone and test again. Please keep us updated, thanks a lot.

Hi Elektra, I'll try without the cable. I'll let you know how it goes. It also happens with an iPhone 6 plus with .18 app version.
2017-12-27
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Chile

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-12-26 20:21
Wow, you've got a challenging environment to be taking off and landing from there!  Small area, lots of utility wires on 2 sides, house, car, fences!

Unfortunately I don't have any answers for you.  It was interesting in your video to see the height struggling with itself occasionally trying to show the true height, but flipping back immediately.  Do you have anything attached to your Spark that could be potentially interfering with the sensors?  Any landing legs, propeller guards, clear stickers over the sensors, etc, etc?

Hi Kloo.

Im not using any attachment that may interfere with the sensors. I have even tried to clean the surface several times. It also happened with an Iphone 6 plus using app version .18. I'll try with the OTG and check, but I don't think that should be the problem. It was happening with previews app versions as well.

I have flew from that location a lot of times. Only onces like 3-4 moths ago I got a compass error but after been at 40-50 m high. GPS failure last for 8 seconds and went back to normal. Usually I check that the drone is pointing the same directions seen on the map for compass verification. I have experience GPS mode lost and it is super hard to maintain control. Thats one of my biggest fears.

Thanks for posting. If without the OTGI don't see any better results I think I will go to the store I bought with the guaranty and request a technical revision.

Best regards and please keep posting youtube videos. They are very useful.

Take care.
2017-12-27
Use props
Potato
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767349 ft
United States

fansf2304bca Posted at 2017-12-27 05:54
Hi Kloo.

Im not using any attachment that may interfere with the sensors. I have even tried to clean the surface several times. It also happened with an Iphone 6 plus using app version .18. I'll try with the OTG and check, but I don't think that should be the problem. It was happening with previews app versions as well.

From the video I can see you didn't have too many satellites. I don't take off with any less than 10. Could have that been the error? Maybe with more satellites, your altitude would be more accurate. From the video I saw you flying with just 6 of them.
2017-12-28
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Chile

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-26 20:19

I have tried without the OTG and issue remains. What else can I try?
2017-12-28
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Chile

Potato Posted at 2017-12-28 08:57
From the video I can see you didn't have too many satellites. I don't take off with any less than 10. Could have that been the error? Maybe with more satellites, your altitude would be more accurate. From the video I saw you flying with just 6 of them.

The numbers you see there are not the amount of satellites. The dron wont even save RTH position without less that 8. And the altitude is calculated with the barometer or the down facing sensors when the altitud is low. But thanks any way. Any help I could get will be appreciated.
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansf2304bca Posted at 2017-12-28 17:45
The numbers you see there are not the amount of satellites. The dron wont even save RTH position without less that 8. And the altitude is calculated with the barometer or the down facing sensors when the altitud is low. But thanks any way. Any help I could get will be appreciated.

Please inform us if the problem remains. Thanks for your update.
2017-12-29
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Chile

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-29 22:36
Please inform us if the problem remains. Thanks for your update.

Hi Elektra. Yes the issue remains. I have tried using wifi connection instead of OTG but the problem continues.

Best regards.
2017-12-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansf2304bca Posted at 2017-12-28 17:41
I have tried without the OTG and issue remains. What else can I try?

Thanks for your update. I would recommend you export the flight data and the black box data for further check.
2018-1-2
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Chile

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-2 03:05
Thanks for your update. I would recommend you export the flight data and the black box data for further check.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Psa4hAImKw&t=1s

I'm trying to get the blackbox but it is been exporting for more than 10 min. How much time this would take?.
2018-1-2
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120623 ft
United Kingdom

Kloo should the VPS not show zero after it has passed a certain height? I notice that the VPS field is showing height throughout the log...
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansf2304bca Posted at 2018-1-2 09:14
I'm trying to get the blackbox but it is been exporting for more than 10 min. How much time this would take?.

Please wait patiently. You can export the date you have the problem. If it takes too much time without good result. Please change a PC and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2.
2018-1-5
Use props
lasorey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148438 ft
Netherlands

Can i ask oud how the brightness is in outdoor use with the Xiaomi Mi A1?
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules