Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung galaxy tab s-2 8" usb problem
2323 7 2017-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kissmybrass
lvl.2
United States

so i see a few folks on here have run out and bought the galaxy s-2 8" to fly their drone with like i did. much to my disapointment when you plug the usb in it flashs and does not connect. there is a work around but why? thinking i should give samsung the chance to address this i went to the forum for the s-2 and relayed the story. this is what i sent  

greetings! i have a mavic pro (drone) that i try to use with the s-2 8" and the usb flashes asking what to do but you cannot "catch it" or get it to hold the setting. if i start with every thing hooked up( tablet started,remote control started, drone started. and then restart with it all trying to run then it will connect. i thought this was a dji go 4 app problem since there are issues with that app but i deleted that app and installed litchi ( another app to fly the mavic drone) and it does the same thing. research online indicates this is a samsung thing not the dji soft ware. i dont want to root the 1 week old tablet to "fix" this. any tips would be appreciated and i will gladly pass this on to others that have the same tablet/drone set up. i look forward to your reply. billy ps i purchased this tablet just for flying the drone. that is all i plan on using this tablet for.
this is the reply
"Hello! So, this issue is ongoing and has been reported, unfortunately I can't guarantee anything will change since this is only popping up with this drone. The only solution users have found is rooting it, if you just bought it, I would recommend exchanging it for a different tablet. "

i cant wait to go void the wrrenty on my new tablet. or wasting time exchanging it for another one with the same problem. i am thinking maybe they need to hear form more samsung users to get the idea this is actually a problem and maybe they should fix it. this is the forum where there are 5 pages of folks posting with this problem
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Tab-S2-T813-and-Mavic-controller/m-p/59908/highlight/true#M2578
i am not sure if the link will work i had to sign in but i think "SamsungGill" should hear form any one with this problem. this is not a dji problem this is a samung problem as i have the same issue with litchi. really the best advise is exchange it or unroot it to make it work? i dont belive this is only a drone thing but i am to lazy to pull up all th epther folks with usb connection problems i just want to fix thsi problem. so if any of you guys have the same set up give ol "SamsungGill" a email over at the samsung site nad maybe enough of us will convince them to patch this issue.
fly happy.

2017-12-26
Use props
hootbird
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57884 ft
United States

After RC & Mavic have connected then restart tablet. Plug in usb while retarting. This applies to model 713. Model 710 (older) works fine.
2017-12-26
Use props
chopperphil
lvl.2
United States

Well it doesn't flash any more but won't connect either. Mine is a model 713. Any more suggestions?
2017-12-26
Use props
Fasitron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37881 ft
United States

Well said.  I'm thinking of getting a Tab S3 but if you're having these types of problems...I may hold off.  Please advise.
2017-12-27
Use props
hootbird
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57884 ft
United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-56256-1-1.html
2017-12-27
Use props
kissmybrass
lvl.2
United States

so the official response from samsung is ,,,, not what i hoped for.  basically he said it is a dji problem and no interest in fixing it. not enough people with the problem? he did say folks with this problem fixed it by rooting their device but would not provide the info to do it,,,,,,, yes it was rude of me to ask a smasung tech but it is rude to have to go through this with a new 300$ tablet so i am not loosing sleep over it. i am taking the tablet to a local geek to get rooted tomorrow. if it works ill post the process. i did notice with litchi if you shut down the tablet with litchi running it will connect first time on the next start up. if you are using the Russian kids video to use the tab s-2 8"   MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!
2017-12-27
Use props
kissmybrass
lvl.2
United States

Fasitron Posted at 2017-12-27 17:14
Well said.  I'm thinking of getting a Tab S3 but if you're having these types of problems...I may hold off.  Please advise.

i have a galaxy tab s-2 " i am not sure if this would work for you or not,, sorry i know it is frustrating. same boat here.
2017-12-27
Use props
kissmybrass
lvl.2
United States

chopperphil Posted at 2017-12-26 20:58
Well it doesn't flash any more but won't connect either. Mine is a model 713. Any more suggestions?

to chopper phil
                                  i tried to pm you but i am not that smart! here is a link to the russian kids video on how to work around the problem. hope this works for you and ill post a permanent fix,,, if i find one. remember computers are making your life easier. repeat as necessary. mine is a 713 also so this should work for you. good luck!

2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules