Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P; DJI Go 4 does not connect; All firmware & iOS current.
2975 33 2017-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Just recently started happening. It's intermittent. When I connect the P4P, the Max Flight Altitude is set to "0", Multiple Flight Mode is disabled and custom buttons C1/C2 not set to anything. I manually type 120M for alt and enable Mult Flight Altitude, enable Mult Flight Mode and hit complete, but it simply will not stick. I just upgraded to the most current firmware and set it to Factory Default, but it was also happening before the upgrade.

If I close the app, turn off the P4P, Turn off the controller, then turn everything on again, the Max Flight Altitude comes back as 120M and Mult Flight Mode is enables along with Custom Buttons restored. Camera buttons don't work. Sometimes opens after 5-6 attempts.

Anybody else have issues with DJI Go 4 acting up like this?? All firmware/versions of App, RC, AC & iOS current. Redownloaded/reinstalled/recalibrated multiple times.

2017-12-26
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

I mean it's DJI, half the time I'm flying the app crashes so I couldn't even look at those settings if I wanted too
2017-12-26
Use props
C Tuck
lvl.2
United States

Yeah, mine is doing the same. It has a restriction on flying distance too. I tried firmware upgrade but didn’t fix it. You have any luck?
2017-12-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which version of DJI Go 4 are you running, there were known problems with V4.1.18 reporting/resetting wrong values ?
2017-12-26
Use props
C Tuck
lvl.2
United States

4.1.20 is what I’m running.
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, so you had connected the drone before you change the settings right? Are you using an iOS device? If yes, this is a known issue of DJI GO 4 v4.1.18, so please kindly update the app to the latest 4.1.20 and see if it helps.
If you are not using the iOS device, please keep the drone connected, and help to confirm the mobile device and the version of the app that you are using, thank you.
2017-12-27
Use props
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-27 04:54
Hi there, so you had connected the drone before you change the settings right? Are you using an iOS device? If yes, this is a known issue of DJI GO 4 v4.1.18, so please kindly update the app to the latest 4.1.20 and see if it helps.
If you are not using the iOS device, please keep the drone connected, and help to confirm the mobile device and the version of the app that you are using, thank you.

Yes - the drone was always connected.

I have the latest DJI Go4 version (v4.1.20). See image below. Obviously, the known issue that you refer to has carried over to the latest version. I also pressed the "Check for update" option but the only thing that happened was that the time-out wheel spun for a few seconds then stopped. I'm using an iPad Pro (current iOS v 11.2.1). iPad Pro should be plenty enough horsepower.

It should also be noted that the controller s/n on the tag underneath the controller and the controller s/n shown in the DJI Go4 app are different. See images below. Don't you find that odd? A fellow pilot reports the same thing on his unit.

My firmware is current (V 01.05.0300). See image below. For good measure, I updated again 2 days ago - twice - and reset to factory defaults both times. Did not help.

I also called DJI tech support yesterday. Upon the advice of the DJI C/S rep, I tried refreshing the controller firmware by connecting to DJI Assistant 2, but there was no "refresh" option available. The only option was to restore factory defaults, but even that got stuck and never completed after waiting 10 minutes (I have high-speed 500 Mbps download speed). That's when the DJI C/S rep gave up and said she would bump it up to the developers.

I'm not related to Einstein, but it's becoming more obvious every day that the issue is on the DJI side. Please don't go down that river in Egypt...

2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

OldScout Posted at 2017-12-28 03:40
Yes - the drone was always connected.

I have the latest DJI Go4 version (v4.1.20). See image below. Obviously, the known issue that you refer to has carried over to the latest version. I also pressed the "Check for update" option but the only thing that happened was that the time-out wheel spun for a few seconds then stopped. I'm using an iPad Pro (current iOS v 11.2.1). iPad Pro should be plenty enough horsepower.

For the settings issue, I will confirm it with our engineers. And I checked your picture above again, there is no transmission in it, which means the app might not connecting properly, when you can view the video feed on the app and all is connecting properly, you should be able to change the settings.
And for the RC serial number, it is normal that it is different between the one on the APP and the RC. The number on the app contains other info, so it could be different.
And for the RC refresh, I am sorry for the misleading, Phantom 4 Pro is not able to connect DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware, only Factory Reset is available. If it is not working, you can try to restart the drone and DJI Assistant 2 to reset again if there is a need. And would you mind providing me with your email address that you used for contacting our support? I would like to check more details about it. Thank you so much.
2017-12-29
Use props
colobus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45417 ft
Australia

Yes, I too have exactly the same problem. The ap will not ‘save’ the data input. It means that my flight envelope is hugel6 dominished. DJI, please post a remedy right here. Yo7 know 3hat the problem is and it has been explained to you very methodically and with all details. Please fix the problem, without the users having to go through hoops to extract a solution from you.
2017-12-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can only see that screen when initiating DJI Go 4 and aircraft turned off  (in my case P4). If it's intermittent perhaps relinking your RC to aircraft may help. Or reinstall DJI Go 4 ?
2017-12-29
Use props
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-29 03:51
For the settings issue, I will confirm it with our engineers.
And for the RC serial number, it is normal that it is different between the one on the APP and the RC. The number on the app contains other info, so it could be different.
And for the RC refresh, I am sorry for the misleading, Phantom 4 Pro is not able to connect DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware, only Factory Reset is available. If it is not working, you can try to restart the drone and DJI Assistant 2 to reset again if there is a need. And would you mind providing me with your email address that you used for contacting our support? I would like to check more details about it. Thank you so much.

RE: "And I checked your picture above again, there is no transmission in it, which means the app might not connecting properly, when you can view the video feed on the app and all is connecting properly, you should be able to change the settings." Please see image below.
MaxAltitudeError.png
When it is in this condition, it simply will NOT let you change the settings. It will let you type in a value (Example: 120), but it will NOT stick. When you X-out and go back to that screen, it says "0" again. It ignores the value you entered and returns to "0".

I have an important aerial imagery job scheduled for JAN04. Will the issue be resolved by then?

2017-12-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OldScout Posted at 2017-12-30 07:59
RE: "And I checked your picture above again, there is no transmission in it, which means the app might not connecting properly, when you can view the video feed on the app and all is connecting properly, you should be able to change the settings." Please see image below.
[view_image]

Have you tried relinking the RC to aircraft, this may just be a data transmission problem ? Takes less than a minute to relink.
2017-12-30
Use props
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-30 08:25
Have you tried relinking the RC to aircraft, this may just be a data transmission problem ? Takes less than a minute to relink.

Yes. I was sure to do that. I've done everything except stand on my head and rub my belly.
Personally, I think the onus is now squarely on DJI to remedy the issue. Many other pilots are reporting the same issue and have acted in good faith to find a fix. From the responses, one could draw the conclusion that DJI believes the app is 100% fine and the issue is always on the operator's side. You must understand that when aerial providers have to tell prospective clients they can't service them because their hardware is inoperable, it does not reflect favorably on the provider. The clients look no further than the provider and hold the provider responsible, not DJI.
2017-12-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OldScout Posted at 2017-12-30 08:33
Yes. I was sure to do that. I've done everything except stand on my head and rub my belly.
Personally, I think the onus is now squarely on DJI to remedy the issue. Many other pilots are reporting the same issue and have acted in good faith to find a fix. You must understand that when aerial providers have to tell prospective clients they can't service them because their hardware is inoperable, it does not reflect favorably on the provider. The clients hold the provider responsible, not DJI.

If push comes to shove could you use Litchi as an alternative controller, that at least would cover the job in a few days time ?
2017-12-30
Use props
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-30 08:43
If push comes to shove could you use Litchi as an alternative controller, that at least would cover the job in a few days time ?

Here's a revolutionary and earth-shaking idea: fix the app. It suggests that DJI does indeed expect their pilots to stand on their heads. The fix is not force-feeding unwanted apps/controllers to the pilots. The fix is to restore the underlying controller app (DGI Go 4) to 100% operating status. I don't think I'm being unreasonable here.
2017-12-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OldScout Posted at 2017-12-30 08:50
Here's a revolutionary and earth-shaking idea: fix the app. It suggests that DJI does indeed expect their pilots to stand on their heads. The fix is not force-feeding unwanted apps/controllers to the pilots. The fix is to restore the underlying controller app (DGI Go 4) to 100% operating status. I don't think I'm being unreasonable here.

I was simply offering an alternative option so  you do not lose your job on 4th.

This thread is the first report I have seen of this happening, so I thought it may have been an isolated case.
2017-12-30
Use props
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Here's the latest:

When I began this session, the app would connect every 4th or 5th time I'd open it. Then this blank screen started appearing out of the blue and I could not get it to connect again. Both the AC & RC were on at the time and the physical connection between the RC and the iPad was secure.

So far, I've...

Updated firmware 3X
Recalibrated Vision System 3X
Recycled the RC and AC approximately 50X (in different order; RC>AC; AC>RC)
Restarted the iPad approx 6X
Closed and Opened the DJI Go 4 app at least 100x
Uninstalled and reinstall the DJI Go 4 app 3X
Reconnected the RC to the AC 3XRestored default settings to RC approx 6X
Attempted to restore default on RVC 2X (failed while DJI C/S was on the phone)
Out of an abundance of caution, I connected a different (brand new) USB cable from the RC to the iPad. Same results.

As stated previously, everything that has a version of it is current. I did not damage the AC. It literally just started on its own. Numerous other pilots report the same issue.

This is important: returning it to DJI and waiting 4-6 weeks for it to be returned is not an option.
FYI - have you looked at the reviews in the app store lately? Just from DEC2017??

2017-12-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OldScout Posted at 2017-12-30 11:36
Here's the latest:
[view_image]
When I began this session, the app would connect every 4th or 5th time I'd open it. Then this blank screen started appearing out of the blue and I could not get it to connect again. Both the AC & RC were on at the time and the physical connection between the RC and the iPad was secure.

What version of iOS are you running ?

My iPad Pro is at 11.2.1, and there was a known problem with iOS 11.1, see this Thread
2017-12-30
Use props
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-30 12:13
What version of iOS are you running ?

My iPad Pro is at 11.2.1, and there was a known problem with iOS 11.1, see this Thread

You need to start reading my posts. I've lost count of how many times you've diverted attention away from the app itself and onto something else. And to pre-empt your next question, I have tried it on another iOS device (iPhone 6S). No help.

Are you a forum moderator or a DJI employee?

2017-12-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OldScout Posted at 2017-12-30 12:31
You need to start reading my posts. I've lost count of how many times you've diverted attention away from the app itself and onto something else. And to pre-empt your next question, I have tried it on another iOS device (iPhone 6S). No help.

You perhaps need to think of alternatives, which is what I have been trying to do. It looks like an application error, you've already tried reinstalling it etc. So something must be causing this to happen, and it looks like something is causing the Application to run incorrectly. Now given that it runs OK on my iPad Pro at same build as yours, and there seem to be no other reports that I've read of this happening (save post number 9 here), it would seem to suggest that DJI Go  4 V4.1.20 is running well on most iOS devices.

I'll leave you to sort it out with DJI.

2017-12-30
Use props
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-30 12:54
You perhaps need to think of alternatives, which is what I have been trying to do. It looks like an application error, you've already tried reinstalling it etc. So something must be causing this to happen, and it looks like something is causing the Application to run incorrectly. Now given that it runs OK on my iPad Pro at same build as yours, and there seem to be no other reports that I've read of this happening (save post number 9 here), it would seem to suggest that DJI Go  4 V4.1.20 is running well on most iOS devices.

I'll leave you to sort it out with DJI.

My issue started last week. Before that, not even a hint of a problem. Draw your own conclusions.

2017-12-30
Use props
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

OldScout Posted at 2017-12-30 13:13
My issue started last week. Before that, not even a hint of a problem. Draw your own conclusions.

[view_image]

More bizarre behavior... finally got the RC to connect to the AC and discovered the video was rolling. I never pressed the start button - at least not for this session. It may be a remnant of unintentionally clicks from a previous session (??). Could it be that the app is simply extremely constipated and keystrokes and other functions are processing at a snail's pace? I don't think mt iPad Pro could be the culprit. Could it be so slow that I'm just not waiting long enough? That said, if I have to wait 4-5 minutes to connect, that doesn't help much either. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app numerous times. I assume that by doing so, it also purges the data inside the app - which should be a good thing in regards to functionality after reinstalling. Thoroughly frustrated with this app. I have dirt to scratch and eggs to lay. Let's go, DJI.

When I opened the app again, the video/camera start button was stuck and unresponsive - even though I could see a live moving image in the monitor. All of the buttons in the toolbar at the top and the stack of 3 at the left side were responsive and responded to touch.

Also, it should be noted that a large drone dispatch service that I subscribe to states the following in regards to this issue: "We have had multiple pilots with this issue that you experienced."
2017-12-30
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2097713 ft
United States

I'm having same stupid issue all day today. Every so often it will show up. Cant change camera settings when it happens either. Example; turning from auto to manual. Gaaahllleee.
2018-1-1
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
United States

Deleted app and redownloaded with same issue. Firmware and controller are all up to date. Even tried beta firmware with same issue.
2018-1-1
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
United States

Ipad 10.5 and iPhone 8 plus. Both same stupid issue.
2018-1-1
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
United States

I was going crazy! So kind of happy others have this issue too. I am on iOS 11.2.1
2018-1-1
Use props
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Flyin Ryan 420 Posted at 2018-1-1 13:27
I was going crazy! So kind of happy others have this issue too. I am on iOS 11.2.1

Yes - that's exactly the same thing that's happening with mine.

Do you have a Phantom 4 or Phantom 4 Pro? My issue is with my Phantom 4 Pro. For good measure, I fired up my older Phantom 4 today (not Phantom 4 Pro), and it connected fine. 3rd party app also connected without incident.

So I've boiled it down to this: It's either 1) my specific RC or AC is on the fritz (I have no reason to believe this; always cased; never dropped), or 2) the DJI Go 4 app only creates issues when it tries to connect to a Phantom 4 Pro.

In addition, this post from another thread is thought provoking: "The DJI 4 app now is used by the Spark, The Mavic, the Phantom and the Inspire 2, considering all the flight modes available to the Spark and the Mavic and the very limited availability of flight modes for the Inspire together with the incompatibility of the Controllers to work on different aircraft, it surely can't be long before we get different versions of the App dependent on the DJI model we fly as the software must be extremely bloated by now, maybe that is the way forward"

Hello DJI... anybody home?

2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

OldScout Posted at 2017-12-30 16:25
More bizarre behavior... finally got the RC to connect to the AC and discovered the video was rolling. I never pressed the start button - at least not for this session. It may be a remnant of unintentionally clicks from a previous session (??). Could it be that the app is simply extremely constipated and keystrokes and other functions are processing at a snail's pace? I don't think mt iPad Pro could be the culprit. Could it be so slow that I'm just not waiting long enough? That said, if I have to wait 4-5 minutes to connect, that doesn't help much either. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app numerous times. I assume that by doing so, it also purges the data inside the app - which should be a good thing in regards to functionality after reinstalling. Thoroughly frustrated with this app. I have dirt to scratch and eggs to lay. Let's go, DJI.

[view_image]

Mate, I am terribly sorry for the late reply due to the days off. So the app issue only happens when you connect Phantom 4 Pro, and the issue also happens on your iPhone 6S, right? I will note it down and forward to our engineers.
And for your job, could you please fly the drone with an Android device temporary? Thank you for your report and your patience.
2018-1-1
Use props
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-1 21:10
Mate, I am terribly sorry for the late reply due to the days off. So the app issue only happens when you connect Phantom 4 Pro, and the issue also happens on your iPhone 6S, right? I will note it down and forward to our engineers.
And for your job, could you please fly the drone with an Android device temporary? Thank you for your report and your patience.

Terrific.  I'll dash right out and buy an Android device that I currently don't have as soon as DJI sends me funds to purchase the device.

Not quite believing I'm actually seeing this suggestion. I know you're trying to be helpful, but proposing a remedy that digs into my wallet needs to be reconsidered.

RE: "So the app issue only happens when you connect Phantom 4 Pro, and the issue also happens on your iPhone 6S, right?" CORRECT. Happens with iPad Pro and iPhone 6S. I also tested it using an older iPad Air with current iOS. Same results.

Please note this is NOT an isolated incident. Look at the post from Flyin Ryan 420 (above). "I'm having same stupid issue all day today. Every so often it  [DJI Go 4] will show up. Cant change camera settings when it happens either. Example; turning from auto to manual."

In addition, recent feedback from a drone dispatch service I subscribe to reports multiple pilots with the exact same issue at about the same time my issue began (roughly the same time as the last DJI Go 4 iOS update). Their support desk reports: "We have had multiple pilots with this issue that you experienced."
2018-1-2
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
United States

OldScout Posted at 2018-1-2 05:49
Terrific.  I'll dash right out and buy an Android device that I currently don't have as soon as DJI sends me funds to purchase the device.

Not quite believing I'm actually seeing this suggestion. I know you're trying to be helpful, but proposing a remedy that digs into my wallet needs to be reconsidered.

Ha ha. Right? Mine is with phantom 4. Just realized this is on p4p forum. Yeah I have zero androids either. Shouldn’t have to get one either. Says right on the site, compatable with iOS devices.
2018-1-2
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
United States

Weird that your p4 works fine with it. I’m pretty certain it’s the app. If I force close it several times sometimes it will connect. Gahleeee I hope it’s jest the app. Don’t feel like sending my p4 back to probably just receive a completely different refurbished unit.
2018-1-2
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
United States

Just downloaded update for app. Same issue. I notice if I unplug my iPad or iPhone and plug it back in it will sometimes start working. I don’t know. Trash. Lol
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

I had reported this issue to our engineers, also I told them it was not an isolated case. Hope it will be resolved soon. Besides, iOS v4.1.22 is now released in phases, please kindly update it if you have accessed it. Thank you so much for your patience.
2018-1-3
Use props
fans2b0f7681
New
South Africa

I just ask. I download the latest firmware upgrade and now my remote and phantom 3 std does not connect. Must you do the firmware upgrade on the temote and the phantom
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules