Filming New Years Eve fireworks with Spark
1111 5 2017-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Sparkle
lvl.4
Australia

I am thinking of sending my Spark up to capture the fireworks during NYE. Do you think it's a good idea? I have never use my Spark during the night, so I am not sure what to expect. Has anyone tried filming fireworks with the Spark before?
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. If you want to shoot at night, please increase the value of ISO and lower the exposure. And I would not recommend your spark fly too close to the fireworks.
2017-12-26
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

I made a little test (sorry I'm learning):

Regards

2017-12-26
Use props
Mr Sparkle
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-26 18:14
Hi, sir. If you want to shoot at night, please increase the value of ISO and lower the exposure. And I would not recommend your spark fly too close to the fireworks.

I plan to fly a circle around the fireworks, around 300m away. It will be so much easier if there's waypoints for Spark.
2017-12-26
Use props
Mr Sparkle
lvl.4
Australia

Junior SBC Posted at 2017-12-26 18:23
I made a little test (sorry I'm learning):
https://youtu.be/2uvNffAQNnY

What ISO and exposure setting did you use?

Your fireworks are too far away! It's tempting for me to fly through the fireworks, I don't think anyone has ever captured a footage of flying directly into a fireworks? Or flying above the fireworks and pointing the camera down?

Anyone wants to risk their Spark flying into a fireworks? It will be an amazing footage.
2017-12-26
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know nothing about Australian regulations, but just make sure you would be operating within the law if you decide to so.  Here in the US, flying at night has many restrictions.
2017-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules