Outdoor FPV At Risk for Further Regulation In US
659 5 2017-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

A recent issue of "Model Aviation" of Academy of Model Aeronautics brings up the issue of Youtube and forum videos of infractions of flight rules here in the US. In October of this year the AMA's Goverment Regulation team made an unscheduled trip to DC advocating the case for FPV flying. Apparently various youtube videos have raised attention at the FAA, Department of Defense and local and state goverments raising the spectre of further regulations. Self policing by the communioty is vital in maintaining our hobby.Be careful of what you post on Youtube and the forums, and please fly carfeully and considerately. The DOD, FAA and others are watching.

2017-12-26
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

Anyone care?

2017-12-27
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I’m in the U.K so it doesn’t directly affect me but I’m expecting the U.K. government to bring in so many rules we wont be able to fly more than 50ft
2017-12-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You must be referring to this AMA vid:  

2017-12-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-12-27 12:43
You must be referring to this AMA vid:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQKKz3agRf0

Amazing attitude on the part of the AMA. The clip clearly shows they consider AMA members automatically and always follow the rules, while all others are guilty of breaking them.
2017-12-27
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

The AMA is the only organization that actively lobbies for FPV in the US as well the entire rc hobby. Started in 1936 they have been involved in advancing and lobbying for rc frequencies and laws enabling our hobby. which are frequently attacked for use by industry and other parties. They have been principals in the congressional recognition and right of the rc pilots. Oh, and supplemental liability  insurance since home owners policies rarely cover the hobby.
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules