1185 15 2017-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skinsman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6352 ft
Australia

Hi there,

I was just flying my P3 Standard when it basically fell from the sky.

The P3 is only around 3 months old - please can someone provide some advice on whether DJI have any accountability in this (after viewing the flight logs?) Or, do I basically have to go through the reapir process?

Many thanks.

2017-12-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The flight logs may show something, but if they don't that may be a clue that the cause was a genuine malfunction.
The first thing is to look at the flight data.
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

2017-12-26
Use props
skinsman
lvl.1
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-26 22:13
The flight logs may show something, but if they don't that may be a clue that the cause was a genuine malfunction.
The first thing is to look at the flight data.
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Very much appreciate your response Labroides, thanks.

I've followed the instructions from your post and uploaded the flight log in question to: here

If someone could interpret the log and let me know what happened, that would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers.
2017-12-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

skinsman Posted at 2017-12-26 23:34
Very much appreciate your response Labroides, thanks.

I've followed the instructions from your post and uploaded the flight log in question to: here

Your flight data shows normal controlled flight with a good battery - none of the usual suspects for a fall-from-the-sky incident are evident.
The trouble starts at 6:10.9 when the Phantom spins to the right and starts to tumble.
Were all props attached when you recovered the Phantom?
If they were, it may have been due to a genuine malfunction.
The next thing to do is to synch the flight record (click the cloud icon on the flight data page of the app) to upload it to DJI.
Then start a chat with DJI's people at Online Support and get things started.
Good luck with it.
2017-12-27
Use props
skinsman
lvl.1
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-27 00:07
Your flight data shows normal controlled flight with a good battery - none of the usual suspects for a fall-from-the-sky incident are evident.
The trouble starts at 6:10.9 when the Phantom spins to the right and starts to tumble.

Thanks again for your time, particularly for looking at the flight log.

Ok, I'll chat with DJI and see what they say.

Thank you again for reponding to this post!

All the best.
2017-12-27
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Was a normal flight to 6:10 min but how you got altitude bellow zero feet?...and no messages....
2017-12-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Peterx Posted at 2017-12-27 02:21
Was a normal flight to 6:10 min but how you got altitude bellow zero feet?...and no messages....

how you got altitude below zero feet?...and no messages....
Simple ... he flew from a high point and flew lower than launch point.
Google Earth terrain confirms this is what happened.
2017-12-27
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Then the trouble was on a lower point,right?
2017-12-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-27 00:07

2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am so sorry to hear about the crash. Please contact our support to start a ticket and send your drone in, we will help to make data analysis for this crash if the drone is under warranty, if it's a non-pilot error, we will get your drone repaired with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support. We will do the best to help things out.
2017-12-27
Use props
skinsman
lvl.1
Australia

Peterx Posted at 2017-12-27 02:47
Then the trouble was on a lower point,right?

The trouble happened still while the drone was about 20ft in the air (i.e. 20ft higher than the point it took off from).
2018-1-11
Use props
skinsman
lvl.1
Australia

Sorry I didn't respond to this - yes, all the props were still attached when I retrieved the drone.
2018-1-11
Use props
skinsman
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-27 04:30
I am so sorry to hear about the crash. Please contact our support to start a ticket and send your drone in, we will help to make data analysis for this crash if the drone is under warranty, if it's a non-pilot error, we will get your drone repaired with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support. We will do the best to help things out.

Appreciate the response - I'm currently in the process of supplying  the flight data to you guys for analysis. I have to say, so far your support has been excellent :-)
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

skinsman Posted at 2018-1-11 21:25
Appreciate the response - I'm currently in the process of supplying  the flight data to you guys for analysis. I have to say, so far your support has been excellent :-)

Sorry for the late reply. Had you got the feedback from the data analysis result? Please feel free to let me know if there is anything I can help.
2018-1-19
Use props
skinsman
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-19 01:45
Sorry for the late reply. Had you got the feedback from the data analysis result? Please feel free to let me know if there is anything I can help.

Hi there,

Yes, DJI advised that the crash was due to non-pilot error and therefore repaired my phantom free of charge and I received it back a couple of days ago! Simply brilliant service from DJI :-)
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

skinsman Posted at 2018-1-28 15:40
Hi there,

Yes, DJI advised that the crash was due to non-pilot error and therefore repaired my phantom free of charge and I received it back a couple of days ago! Simply brilliant service from DJI :-)

Glad to hear the good news! Hope you enjoy your time in flying.
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules