Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
pano mode Update
1516 11 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stefgo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5081736 ft
France

In the new update the "pano mode" fonction for P4P is only avalable on DJI GO 4 app V 4.1.20 that means only on IOS devices because the new version for android is only V 4.1.18On my DJI crystalsky monitor the new pano mode is unavailable ! As a pro photographer I wait for it for a long time.
I'm very unhappy. DJI crystalsky 8" is a pro DJI product very expensive but DJI prefere upgrading IOS devices than their own products ! Incredible !! So why DJI use android system on their Crystalsky monitor if they prefere IOS platform ??

When DJI will upgrade DJ GO 4 App on android devices to V 4.1.20 ?

2017-12-27
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Same old story, DJI updates the IOS users First, Then Android then us Crystal Sky users last. We will be waiting awhile.
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the inconvenience. It is because the apps that Crystalsky uses have been optimized, it is not the same as the regular version of the iOS and Android devices. I will forward the request to our engineers and hope there will be an update soon. Thank you so much for your kind understanding and patience.
2017-12-27
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-27 03:03
Sorry for the inconvenience. It is because the apps that Crystalsky uses have been optimized, it is not the same as the regular version of the iOS and Android devices. I will forward the request to our engineers and hope there will be an update soon. Thank you so much for your kind understanding and patience.

Thor I think the question is: Why doesn't DJI complete the CS Android platform update in advance of the IOS & Android platforms and then release them at the same time? As users have spent an incredible amount of money thinking that the CS platform was superior and dedicated to DJI drones only to realize that we are the "Caboose" instead of the "Locomotive" on this update train.
2017-12-27
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

QuadKid Posted at 2017-12-27 03:58
Thor I think the question is: Why doesn't DJI complete the CS Android platform update in advance of the IOS & Android platforms and then release them at the same time? As users have spent an incredible amount of money thinking that the CS platform was superior and dedicated to DJI drones only to realize that we are the "Caboose" instead of the "Locomotive" on this update train.

Yes...
DJI crystalsky is a DJI product very expensive and it should be "normal" that DJI products are updated first.
I think there are many more IOS users than android, so they are served first...
2017-12-27
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-27 03:03

When will the app be updated on the one with users u have the built-in screen on the remote for pano?
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2017-12-27 04:40
When will the app be updated on the one with users u have the built-in screen on the remote for pano?

I think it won't be too long. But I will forward the users' request and see if the process can be escalated. Thank you for your patience.
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

QuadKid Posted at 2017-12-27 03:58
Thor I think the question is: Why doesn't DJI complete the CS Android platform update in advance of the IOS & Android platforms and then release them at the same time? As users have spent an incredible amount of money thinking that the CS platform was superior and dedicated to DJI drones only to realize that we are the "Caboose" instead of the "Locomotive" on this update train.

We understand that you and other users who use the Crystalsky and built-in screen might feel a little pity for it, but it needs time to optimize the app, and we care so much of the customers' feelings and hope to bring a better experience to our products. We hope your kind patience and appreciate your understanding.
2017-12-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

stefgo Posted at 2017-12-27 04:22
Yes...
DJI crystalsky is a DJI product very expensive and it should be "normal" that DJI products are updated first.
I think there are many more IOS users than android, so they are served first...

Aloha stefgo,

iOS products are written with a proprietary software.  It is "Closed Source".  The Android operating system is an "Open Source" software and is available to those who want to customize the operating system like DJI did with the CrystalSky monitors.

You may want to look into your comment that there are "many more" iOS users than Android.  The opposite may be true.  DJI releases solutions to problems as firmware updates and app upgrades.  These updates and upgrades are released as the problems are solved and can be released economically, they are a business after all.  

Android and iOS products have their advantages and disadvantages and solving those problems require different approaches.  Eventually DJI finds a solution they can release but it often takes time, sometimes, a lot of time.  I am also looking forward to the Pano Mode for my nVidia Shield K1 and my CrystalSky 7.85.  But, sometimes patience is in order.  I have been waiting forever for Ground Station Pro for my Androids!  Patience, patience .  .  .

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-28
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Sorry guys...
I know this won't make you feel more comfy, but you are not alone.
The owners of P4P+ are in the same situation. No pano mode and a lot of other missing features which are available to IOS and some, even to, extra-native Android...
Instead, DJI own screen integrated in RC with an "optimized" ??????? FW version of 1.15, almost as old as Methuselah and the only thing we can get for the extra money is...hope and patience ?
Common DJI, last two are for free....
And we also were assured the newer models will be improved and benefit from the solutions to the issues we have claimed...
Strange manner to keep customers satisfied.

2017-12-28
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-1-22-release/
android
2017-12-28
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

It is a beta firmware ? You've tested it ?
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules