9748 34 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
G3rm4n
lvl.1
Flight distance : 357884 ft

Spain

Hi there,
I used to see photos taken with my Mavic on a folder of my Android mobile (Huawei P9 Lite on Android 7.0) but suddenly they dissapear, they don't show anymore.
I still see all videos (with low resolution, no problem) but I can not see photos. I've tried to change the name of the folder, but doesn't work either.

Is there any problem with the new firmware, Android 7, Huawei, name of the folder...? I have all (Mavic, controller, app and mobile) update to the last firmware/update

Thanks in advance
2017-12-27
Use props
fansd404bd1e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3383599 ft
Australia

I'm having the exact same issue! Someone please help!
2017-12-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updates change some settings. Check settings make sure go4 app still has permission to access photos.
2017-12-27
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

I could be that the photos were still in the cache - not permanently stored - and the cache was cleared.  Download them from your Mavic memory card.  
2017-12-27
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

if photo set to RAW, mavic does not transmit them to phone
2017-12-27
Use props
G3rm4n
lvl.1

Spain

Woe Posted at 2017-12-27 05:25
Updates change some settings. Check settings make sure go4 app still has permission to access photos.

This is not the problem, it has all the permissions activated
2017-12-28
Use props
G3rm4n
lvl.1

Spain

fansfb1bf277 Posted at 2017-12-27 06:52
if photo set to RAW, mavic does not transmit them to phone

It's set to JPEG, this is not the problem
2017-12-28
Use props
G3rm4n
lvl.1

Spain

Griffith Posted at 2017-12-27 05:49
I could be that the photos were still in the cache - not permanently stored - and the cache was cleared.  Download them from your Mavic memory card.

Don't think so. If this is the issue, why I can see videos immediately after flight, but not photos?
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, can you view the pictures on the DJI GO 4 app? Usually, the route will be: DJI/dji.go.v4/CACHE_IMAGE, see it you can find this folder.
2017-12-28
Use props
G3rm4n
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-28 03:38
Just to verify, can you view the pictures on the DJI GO 4 app? Usually, the route will be: DJI/dji.go.v4/CACHE_IMAGE, see it you can find this folder.

Yes, I can see it and it is in the right folder
Screenshot_20171229-175341.png
2017-12-29
Use props
G3rm4n
lvl.1

Spain

G3rm4n Posted at 2017-12-29 09:55
Yes, I can see it and it is in the right folder

I mean, I see the folder, but not a photo inside
2017-12-29
Use props
G3rm4n
lvl.1

Spain

No one? How can I ask dji engineers?
2017-12-30
Use props
G3rm4n
lvl.1

Spain

I've reinstalled the app after erasing all folder and files on the phone, and it works
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

G3rm4n Posted at 2018-1-1 02:31
I've reinstalled the app after erasing all folder and files on the phone, and it works

Hi mate, I am terribly sorry for the late reply due to the days off. So now you got it worked, pictures can be viewed in the folder, right? That's great, thank you for the update and please let me know if there is anything else I can help.
2018-1-1
Use props
martin joãoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 945105 ft
Luxembourg

Same problem here, video's store in the phone, images not anymore.
Using the view and download works though.
2018-1-2
Use props
Paulcharleswood
lvl.1
Flight distance : 217083 ft
United States

I have had the same issue with my Mavic as well. Before the video and picture functions used to work identically. I would take a picture/video on the Mavic and it would save not only to the correct files (DJI_Record & CHACHE_IMAGE) in my file system, but it would also be immediately mirrored in my gallery for easy access.

All of a sudden, the transfer of pictures to the CACHE_IMAGE folder is not functioning as it was before. Only some of the images are being saved to CACHE_IMAGE, and are not mirroring to the gallery at all. I have had some success in the gallery by copying the images to an album, but it is still not functioning as it did before. I am working on it currently, but have not found a good fix to make it work as it did before. Has anyone pinpointed this yet? I will be sure to return to this forum if I discover what is going on.
2018-1-14
Use props
Attila_Ice
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19354 ft
Denmark

I have same issue after firmware upgrade. Dont remeber changing the Dji app
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

G3rm4n Posted at 2018-1-1 02:31
I've reinstalled the app after erasing all folder and files on the phone, and it works

Hi mate, do you still remember the version of the app when you got the issue? We would like to check and confirm the problem, appreciate your help.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

martin joãoo Posted at 2018-1-2 11:27
Same problem here, video's store in the phone, images not anymore.
Using the view and download works though.

Hi Martin, may I know the version of your DJI GO 4 app and the mobile device you are using? I would like to have our engineers to check. Thank you very much.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Paulcharleswood Posted at 2018-1-14 17:03
I have had the same issue with my Mavic as well. Before the video and picture functions used to work identically. I would take a picture/video on the Mavic and it would save not only to the correct files (DJI_Record & CHACHE_IMAGE) in my file system, but it would also be immediately mirrored in my gallery for easy access.

All of a sudden, the transfer of pictures to the CACHE_IMAGE folder is not functioning as it was before. Only some of the images are being saved to CACHE_IMAGE, and are not mirroring to the gallery at all. I have had some success in the gallery by copying the images to an album, but it is still not functioning as it did before. I am working on it currently, but have not found a good fix to make it work as it did before. Has anyone pinpointed this yet? I will be sure to return to this forum if I discover what is going on.

Had you tried to reinstall the latest app? If you haven't, please try to reinstall it, remember to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before your reinstallation.
If it doesn't help, please provide me with your app version and the mobile device you are using, thank you for helping.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Attila_Ice Posted at 2018-1-19 02:15
I have same issue after firmware upgrade. Dont remeber changing the Dji app

Just to verify, do you mean that the issue happened after the drone firmware update or app update? Please also try the issue I listed on 20#, if it doesn't help, please kindly provide me with your app version and model of your mobile device. Appreciate it.
2018-1-29
Use props
G3rm4n
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-29 02:16
Hi mate, do you still remember the version of the app when you got the issue? We would like to check and confirm the problem, appreciate your help.

ufff, that's hard to rememer, but now I have v.4.1.22. I have been intallating updates quite often, so I'm guessing that I had or this version, or the one before this
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

G3rm4n Posted at 2018-1-29 02:33
ufff, that's hard to rememer, but now I have v.4.1.22. I have been intallating updates quite often, so I'm guessing that I had or this version, or the one before this

That's alright. Thank you all the same.
2018-2-7
Use props
Patgil
lvl.1
Canada

Hello, has this issue been resolved yet?  I noticed the issue after getting the DJI Goggles and the firmware update that went along with it.  After reading this thread yesterday, I found that I had another firmware update waiting to be installed, so I did that, and also removed/reinstalled the DJI app.  Pics still don't get transferred to the Gallery on my Samsung S8+, but videos do.  The only place I can find them is when I go into the "editor" on the Go4 app, and look at "album/photos".  There is an option to download the pictures to the phone, but when I do that, a brief message comes up telling me that it has downloaded the pic to the folder "/storage/emulated/0/DCIM/DJI", but I can't find that folder or the picture.
2018-4-24
Use props
Yachtsman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 605466 ft
United Kingdom

Patgil Posted at 2018-4-24 06:30
Hello, has this issue been resolved yet?  I noticed the issue after getting the DJI Goggles and the firmware update that went along with it.  After reading this thread yesterday, I found that I had another firmware update waiting to be installed, so I did that, and also removed/reinstalled the DJI app.  Pics still don't get transferred to the Gallery on my Samsung S8+, but videos do.  The only place I can find them is when I go into the "editor" on the Go4 app, and look at "album/photos".  There is an option to download the pictures to the phone, but when I do that, a brief message comes up telling me that it has downloaded the pic to the folder "/storage/emulated/0/DCIM/DJI", but I can't find that folder or the picture.

This is still an ongoing issue.

same here.

sometimes after a reset it works just for a short while
2018-4-24
Use props
Patgil
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks you for the response, that is unfortunate that it is still an issue - do you mean a reset of the phone?
2018-4-24
Use props
Patgil
lvl.1
Canada

Yachtsman Posted at 2018-4-24 07:26
This is still an ongoing issue.

same here.

Sorry, posted this in the wrong spot initially

Thanks you for the response, that is unfortunate that it is still an issue - do you mean a reset of the phone?
2018-4-24
Use props
Yachtsman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 605466 ft
United Kingdom

Patgil Posted at 2018-4-24 10:45
Sorry, posted this in the wrong spot initially

No a reset of the camera and drone
2018-4-26
Use props
fans83d4f3fe
New
Spain

I have the same problema...I can see videos on my mobile pone but not the potos. I have also tried it on my wife´s pone but I have exactly the same problema!! Does anyone have any solution?
2018-5-2
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

This has been a bug for several months now and they dont seem interested in fixing it.
Images (even set to Raw + JPG) do not downlink to the mobile device at all.  No DJI Album folder is created.
Very occasionally after a software remove/reinstall it works for maybe a flight then stops again.  They released a firmware update to allegedly fix it a few months ago yet it did nothing.
I get the same bug on 3 different android devices now.
2018-5-2
Use props
edcapper
New
Spain

Thanks...I guess we´ll have to wait for next update!!!! I also reinstalled the app and it worked for one flight.
2018-5-3
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

edcapper@gmail. Posted at 2018-5-3 13:09
Thanks...I guess we´ll have to wait for next update!!!! I also reinstalled the app and it worked for one flight.

I wouldnt hold your breath.  The initially broke in january.  Since then there have been at least 2 firmware and 4 app version updates and no fix.
2018-5-3
Use props
akAir
lvl.1
United States

Having only had my drone a short time I have just encountered this issue. I shot video and took several photos yesterday during two different flight sessions. I only took 4 photos on the first flight, and it was close by, within 30 to 40 meters but those photos were on my phone. Later I took some landscape shots from about 100 meter altitude and perhaps 300 meters away and took several photos, but none of them were on my phone but video was.

My bigger issue is why do I end up with several random pictures from DJI in my phone's gallery after a flight? This is becoming more annoying than not getting MY photos on my phone. Instead, I end up with some stock photos from DJI that I have to delete, yet they come back again and again after a flight! They must be being put into the internal memory after a formatting I'm guessing, and then they get transferred to the phone. Anyone else see these? I'd post but I've already deleted the last set.
2018-5-6
Use props
G3rm4n
lvl.1

Spain

Yesterday I was flying with my mavic and I realised something: when you install or re-install the app, photos doesn't syncro with the phone, but when you have the drone powered on, and you hit the button of download photos from the library of the mavic/dji app (call it as you want) and you select all of them, next flights syncro all photos correctly without doing anything more than exiting the app, the photos are there, in the media library of the phone

DJI app version 4.2.6, Mavic Pro and Huawei P9 Lite with Android 7
2018-5-6
Use props
mr_sotris
New
Greece

the same here.... no folder with images created and some in the image_cache folder but yesterday no image recorder nowhere !!!!!
are they thinking to fix it or not?

I see here this bug is many months now... What can I say?
2018-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules