Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Another GIMBAL Motor Overload. (error)
1968 6 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rockowe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2376352 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Iv Had the Product UNDER a Month now. Ordered from DJI Online -  Received on December 4th 2017
... so it should be under warranty.

So at first the Gimble was Perfect.
The only minor crash I had was  where it drifted into a boundary wall - where  I only had to replace two propellers that were chipped lightly. Minor.... and at that time No Gimbal Error.

After a Few Flights the Gimbal started giving intermittant errors.
... and NOW - it does not calibrate at all...

The camera does not reset into position. I have a video  that might help investigate this... looks like the Gimbal cannot be reset to its normal position. It always looks down...

See:

The 'DJI Go' App  Reports a Gimbal Overload.

The gimbal keeps trying to Reset in Flight.

Not sure how i can upload the video here... (See Youtube Link)  but please let me know how can we fix this ?

Iv tried all the normal things...

The Gimbal Clamp is removed.
The Bubble is removed.
The firmware is up to the current version.
I have redone an IMU calibration.
I have done a Compass calibration.
I have tried to calibrate on DJI Assistant 2.
The aircraft was COOL - when attempting all the above.

Iv done lots of research and apparently this a a problem with some Mavics -
Apparently a new flat ribbon cable needs to be Re-installed (those things are VERY delicate).

Finally I live in South africa and a company like "WeFix" is apparently a DJI agent, however they said I need to get warranty aproval from DJI for the replacement of the gimbal.

I hope DJI will  tell me how I can go forward with this as soon as possible...  Unless anyone has a QUICK FIX. (not tried above)
2017-12-27
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds you've narrowed down the problem to the ribbon. Had the same problem as you because I'd crashed/hit the gimbal/camera. The camera was behaving the same way as yours. If you tried to just calibrate the camera/gimbal and it doesn't do the job then it sounds like the camera/gimbal ribbon needs to be replaced.

I had the flat ribbon replaced and the 'Gimbal Overload' message disappeared and now flying perfectly as it should.
2017-12-27
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2376352 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I have the same
2017-12-27
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Captain
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Try to use some shaving machine's oil for the gimbal motor..
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Rockowe, after going through what you have done, I would suggest that you send it back, we will diagnose when we receive the drone, if it is a warranty case, you don't need to pay for the repair fee. Please contact our support support@dji.com and start a ticket. Will do the best to help you out.
2017-12-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unfortunately, as the gimbal on the Mavic series is so delicate just the slightest knock can break it and this appears to be the case with you. I would definitely return it asap for repair/replacement.
2017-12-28
Use props
etopsflight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2214649 ft
Hong Kong

Hi

I sent my Mavic Pro in for a Compass Calibration and while they did not find anything wrong with the Compass, the rep dealing with the case told me there was a gimbal problem and it would not calibrate. He would not give specifics and I was billed for the replacement of the gimbal module.

The Mavic had not had this problem  when I sent it in for service. Not believing my gimbal was faulty, I requested them to send the Mavic back to me without repair. When I got it, it did indeed have a gimbal problem, motors overloaded and it would not calibrate, stuck at 5%. The gimbal assy movement was free and I googled this error message. I found it to be the achilles heel of the Mavic and this is a well documented problem.

My Mavic was still under warranty and I bought the DJI Care Refresh but had never used it. While my Mavic has never been crashed, still original props after 11 months flying, there are three cosmetic dings on the body shell. DJI repair took this damage to be a crash and would not repair the damage without payment. My gimbal assy is free from damage and in pristine condition.

I booked the service on the last day of my warranty and it was sent in a few days later. Do I have a case for replacement of the gimbal module?

Thanks
2017-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules