957 7 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Mavic has been sluggish and slow, lately. Flying in normal mode has been a struggle. Normally, I get 30 mph pretty quickly for top speed and 37 or so, in sport mode.
Lately 17 to 20 mph is all I can press it to do. Punch outs are wimpy and unimpressive.

Turning off the forward sensors changed the game. Back to 30 mph, instantly.

Recalibrate, senors with DJI assistant 2, right?

Several times recalibrated, sucessfully, it reported. No change in speed, only in normal mode, sensors on. Sensors Off yields 30 mph.
Reloaded factory setting, reloaded firmware, recalibrated IMU, recalibrated sensors.  No Change, 17 mph.
Turn off forward sensors, 30.

Forward sensors seem to be accurate and working as proximity detectors, no problems. Was seeing altitude inaccuracies also, now better, still slow.

May be in for Refresh. Anybody seen this?

2017-12-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

It’s normal for this to happen if your flying near houses and trees and other obstacles, even if the obstacles are just in the general area, but if your 200 feet in the air it should fly your normal speed. Flying directly at the sun will cause this behavior as well....p.s. I like the decal job on your Mavic.....
2017-12-27
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I've seen a handful of reports of this, but it was always fixed by things you've already tried, such as recalibrating the IMU or vision system.
2017-12-27
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-12-27 06:19
It’s normal for this to happen if your flying near houses and trees and other obstacles, even if the obstacles are just in the general area, but if your 200 feet in the air it should fly your normal speed. Flying directly at the sun will cause this behavior as well....p.s. I like the decal job on your Mavic.....

200 ft in the air 17 mph sux and even looks slow
2017-12-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneDriver Posted at 2017-12-27 06:26
200 ft in the air 17 mph sux and even looks slow

I agree, if you are 200 feet in the air and it still only goes 17 mph then there’s something causing the issue, as far as forward sensor go, I just leave them off, I consider them a gimmick... you could go the factory restore, recalibrate everything route or just leave them off.. it’s hard to tell what’s wrong if it not showing any errors in the go app. These little quads are extremely complicated on the inside...
2017-12-27
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

If your video settings are in Cinematic mode, this will also greatly slow responses.
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, is there any warning message in APP? When the Forward Vision System is enabled and lighting conditions are sufficient, the maximum flight speed is 22 mph. Please try to fly in an open location without interference, or change the aircraft direction to see whether it helps.  
2017-12-27
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No warning message. I noticed the altitude seems to be inaccurate with every flight.
Seems I have a sensor controller issue, whether visual or sonar. Switching the forward sensors off,  yields normal speeds.
2017-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules