123Next >
17754 113 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

EDIT: At the moment, DJI Crystalsky doesn't support 4G Dongle. they promised it works, but this is a lie.
In this thread, DJI Mindy told me to buy the only 4G Dongle working, and that's what I've done.
But, it doesn't work, since Crystalsky doesn't support android Widget requiered to connect to the 4G dongle's network.
------------------

Does the Cristal sky 7.5 work with 4G dongles?
Which one is recommanded by DJI?

thanks

2017-12-27
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Oman

Yes. It will depend on your location as to which one you choose. All the 4G dongles should work. Has a friend got one you can try?
2017-12-27
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There is a specific model that the DJI engineers recommend, but I can't find the answer on the forum again, one of the Moderators gave the answer
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, currently, only two 4G dongles have been fully tested, that is MS-2131i-8(3G global)and 2372h-153(4G Russia/Europe/The Middle East/Africa).
We do not recommend other dongles without test, thanks for the understanding.
2017-12-29
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-29 02:45
Hi, currently, only two 4G dongles have been fully tested, that is MS-2131i-8(3G global)and 2372h-153(4G Russia/Europe/The Middle East/Africa).
We do not recommend other dongles without test, thanks for the understanding.

Thanks for the information, does DJI support have any instruction on how to set up the dongle ?

What software needs to be installed for the dongle to be recognised as it's not automatically recognised by the CS android system ?
2017-12-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

lannes Posted at 2017-12-31 16:11
Thanks for the information, does DJI support have any instruction on how to set up the dongle ?

What software needs to be installed for the dongle to be recognised as it's not automatically recognised by the CS android system ?

Hi lannes, did you plug 4G dongles to USB-A port? Did you purchase the correct model?
Sorry that there is no instruction on how to set up the Dongle while there should be user manual in the Dongle itself.
Thanks for your understanding.
2018-1-1
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-1 22:50
Hi lannes, did you plug 4G dongles to USB-A port? Did you purchase the correct model?
Sorry that there is no instruction on how to set up the Dongle while there should be user manual in the Dongle itself.
Thanks for your understanding.

Hi DJI Mindy,
I didn't find any information about " 2372h-153".
Could you give me more information: brand, dealer, etc. ?

thanks
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-1-1 23:34
Hi DJI Mindy,
I didn't find any information about " 2372h-153".
Could you give me more information: brand, dealer, etc. ?

Oh, sorry, these two dongles are all designed by HUAWEI .
I only have the picture of the first model, please check out. dongle.png
2018-1-2
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Hi,
Ok, once connected, how do you provide the pin number of the SIM card to make running the dongle 4G?
Does it need another software? which one please?
2018-1-10
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-1-10 00:25
Hi,
Ok, once connected, how do you provide the pin number of the SIM card to make running the dongle 4G?
Does it need another software? which one please?

I've been trying to get the PPP widget to work, I can load it  and install on the CS
https://apkpure.com/ppp-widget-3/de.draisberghof.pppwidget3

Read "more" to see the limitations

But to work you need to move the widget to the CS  home screen which I think is locked down by DJI, there is no where where I can find the PPP widget on the CS even though it said it had installed it.

I can see it in the apps list but I can't see it on the apps page anywhere because it is a widget and they have there own page on a normal android system.
2018-1-11
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Hi,

I've also tried the same app: PPP. It s also seems that all Dongle 3G/4G's App are "widget" instead of classic app.
DJI MINDY?
2018-1-11
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy, how many days/weeks to explain/discribe the "how to" use a 4G/3G Dongle?
It's not normal/legal to make advertissement about feature without explain or prove that it's work.

The CS detect the Dongle, but we are not able to give it the PIN's number. It requiered a third app.
So now, let s explain us how to do please.
2018-1-12
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI could you help us?
2018-1-13
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-1-13 08:41
DJI could you help us?

Probably just easier using the phone as a hotspot
2018-1-13
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Yes !! But de bought 4g dongle feature si DJI gavé To help us!
2018-1-13
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-1-13 23:51

Dji has to help us
2018-1-13
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-1-13 23:51

If DJI wanted to be really helpful, they would have built 4g into the CS and put a sim card holder on the CS.
2018-1-14
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Yes !
But DJI Mindy told us to buy HUAWEI dongle for 4g feature, so now I've done, I would like to know how to provide the pin number to make it works!
2018-1-14
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

any solution DJI Mindy?
Does this silence mean the 4g feature with Crystalsky doesn't work?
2018-1-16
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI could you explain how to provide Pin's number to 4g dongle, to make it works with Crystalsky?
2018-1-16
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI could you explain how to provide Pin's number to 4g dongle, to make it works with Crystalsky?
2018-1-18
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

At the moment 4G dongle's feature for CrystalSky doesn't work.
The only information DJI gave us is a picture of a 4G Dongle.
I've purchased it. And now I have to provide the Pin's number.

But there is no way to set up Pin's number via Android's Crystalsky.
DJI is not able to explain us anything...

that's totaly crasy.
I've bought M210 pack.
The drone is drifting, the Z30 doesn't work because it drifts a lot.
The Cendence hasan half of bouton/feature working.
The crystalsky burns, App is not finish, impossible to plan automate flight.
My 210 with x4S & Z30 cannot record while control both camera (the main feature of M210 is useless)
Dual operator is also not working...

Do I have to sold everything and wait for a Matrice 210 2? or Matrice 310?
DJI is not support us. Many of us are grounded....
2018-1-19
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Still not any response from DJI to explain how to use 4G USB DONGLE?!! how to provide the Pin's number to the system to work? =)
2018-1-19
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

Hi,
Have u tested to put the SIM in a smartphone and tried to deactivate the PIN code in android ?

2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

YOYOMAN, I do apologize for the late response, please reply to my post directly next time, I will get the notification and reply to you in time.
For the PIN number, please kindly confirm with the supplier of the dongles, thanks for your understanding.
2018-1-22
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-22 03:28
YOYOMAN, I do apologize for the late response, please reply to my post directly next time, I will get the notification and reply to you in time.
For the PIN number, please kindly confirm with the supplier of the dongles, thanks for your understanding.

Hi Mindy,

I disactivated the PIN's number  (thanks for your advice Cartormalin) of the SIM but CrystalSky did not automaticly connect to the 4G Dongle...

I've tried to connect the Dongle 4G to my computer. To make it works, I had to instal a software.
I've also tried to connect the dongle 4G to another Android's device. To make it works, I had to instal a 3rd APP: PPP widget.

I can't believe CrystalSky does not need a 3rd App to launch the 4G Dongle. At the moment, it s not possible to instal PPP widget (as Iannes explained)
Please Mindy, could you provide me (us) a video or a tutorial showing how to make it works please?
2018-1-22
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy.....
Could you please provide me a support to use 4G Dongle with Crystalsky?
I've bought the device you avoid me to buy, but I don't know how to connect the Crystalsky to the Dongle's network.
2018-1-26
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy,
I've made this thread there is a month ago... and you still don t have any information / prove about the 4G Dongle feature working on Crystalsky.
Does it mean that 4G Dongle Feature doesn t yet work????
2018-1-30
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Swedrone Posted at 2018-1-31 06:23
Hey! Just remove the d**n PIN from the SIM. Voila

I've removed my PIN from the SIM and it doesn't work.
Does it work for you?
2018-1-31
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Mindy where are you 10 days after? I use Reply function now, but you don't !
2018-1-31
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

Hi Yoyoman,

Did you try to go to Settings  >  More  >  Cellular networks
Here you have a menu where  you can select 'Network operators'
Maybe the dongle is visible here (?)
Since the CS has not the embedded 3G/4G capability, I guess the only purpose of this menu is to connect an external device
2018-1-31
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

castormalin Posted at 2018-1-31 15:11
Hi Yoyoman,

Did you try to go to Settings  >  More  >  Cellular networks

Hi castormalin,
Thanks for help and  suggestions !!!

in Settings / More / Cellular networks everythinh is grised (not available) , I can't click, anything changes if I connect or disconnect the 4G dongle.....

If you have more ideas , i ll try !!
2018-1-31
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

Pffff... why DJI does not answer to this ????
2018-2-1
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

castormalin Posted at 2018-2-1 00:17
Pffff... why DJI does not answer to this ????

because they don't know the answer, I suspect it has something to do with android 5.1.1 not supporting widgets
2018-2-1
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4

I do understand that something is missing in the SW interface, but in this case why the answer 4# in this thread (not only here, I saw it in other threads) ?
I think it should be better for everyone to say that it does not work yet and avoid to 'wear out the sun' , as we say in France
2018-2-1
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

At the moment, DJI Crystalsky doesn't support 4G Dongle. they promised it works, but this is a lie.
In this thread, DJI Mindy told me to buy the only 4G Dongle working, and that's what I've done.
But, it doesn't work, since Crystalsky doesn't support android Widget requiered to connect to the 4G dongle's network.
2018-2-1
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've managed to get the widget to load it is looking for  connection, but it needs something else from google play services to work, so 4g is a no go until DJI implement the full google play store and the widget functionality.

They have locked the home screen to only DJI Go related apps, that is the problem I think, they won't make the change to this as it will affect all CS units, not many people are trying to use a 4g dongle so they will not take this risk.

Maybe in the next model they will have a sim card slot and 4g modem built in
2018-2-1
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

lannes Posted at 2018-2-1 16:06
I've managed to get the widget to load, but it needs something else from google play services to work, so 4g is a no go until DJI implement the full google play store and the widget functionality.

They have locked the home screen to only DJI Go related apps, that is the problem I think, they won't make the change to this as it will affect all CS units, not many people are trying to use a 4g dongle so they will not take this risk.

DJI Mindy ?
2018-2-1
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-1 10:19
At the moment, DJI Crystalsky doesn't support 4G Dongle. they promised it works, but this is a lie.
In this thread, DJI Mindy told me to buy the only 4G Dongle working, and that's what I've done.

Getting closer, try installing the "google now launcher" from apk pure.

I can now use this as the app launcher page instead of the DJI launcher page.

I can now place the PPP widget on the app home page, only have to connect my 4g dongle to see it it works
2018-2-1
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy,
Long time ago we didn't see you in this thread.....
2018-2-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules