865954 865954 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-22 03:28
YOYOMAN, I do apologize for the late response, please reply to my post directly next time, I will get the notification and reply to you in time.
For the PIN number, please kindly confirm with the supplier of the dongles, thanks for your understanding.

DJI Mindy,
Long time ago we didn't see you in this thread.....
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-4 22:49
DJI Mindy,
Long time ago we didn't see you in this thread.....

YOYOMAN, it's been very busy recently and I will do my best to reply all the posts once I see it, any chance to take a short video about the issue you are experiencing now? Since it is the third party product, it is difficult for us to figure out promptly, a video would be much appreciated, I will forward it to our engineers for further assistance. Thank you.
2018-2-5
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-5 01:54
YOYOMAN, it's been very busy recently and I will do my best to reply all the posts once I see it, any chance to take a short video about the issue you are experiencing now? Since it is the third party product, it is difficult for us to figure out promptly, a video would be much appreciated, I will forward it to our engineers for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi Mindy,
The issue is clear: nothing happens when I connect the 4G dongle, even if there is no Pin's number to run the SIM.
Question is: How to connect the CrystalSky to the 4G Dongle Network?

I don't know how to make you a video, since nothing happens when I plug the 4G Dongle.
thanks for support.
2018-2-5
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft

I think Mindy answered to the wrong post
2018-2-5
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

YOYOMAN, it's been very busy recently and I will do my best to reply all the posts once I see it, any chance to take a short video about the issue you are experiencing now? Since it is the third party product, it is difficult for us to figure out promptly, a video would be much appreciated, I will forward it to our engineers for further assistance. Thank you.

Anyway how do you want I take video since you didn't implant recording screen feature in CrystalSky ? ahha
2018-2-6
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-22 03:28
YOYOMAN, it's been very busy recently and I will do my best to reply all  the posts once I see it, any chance to take a short video about the  issue you are experiencing now? Since it is the third party product, it  is difficult for us to figure out promptly, a video would be much  appreciated, I will forward it to our engineers for further assistance.  Thank you.

Waouh DJI Mindy long time we didn't see you ! how are you doing this week?
I've instaled all CS new firmwares, but still no option to connect to the 4G Dongle USB....
Could you confirm that this feature is a lie and doesn't exist?
thanks
2018-2-10
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

YOYOMAN, it's been very busy recently and I will do my best to reply all the posts once I see it, any chance to take a short video about the issue you are experiencing now? Since it is the third party product, it is difficult for us to figure out promptly, a video would be much appreciated, I will forward it to our engineers for further assistance. Thank you.

DJI?
Could you confirm that this feature is a lie (4G Dongle USB for CS) and doesn't exist?
thanks
2018-2-12
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-12 10:59
DJI?
Could you confirm that this feature is a lie (4G Dongle USB for CS) and doesn't exist?
thanks

I am so so glad I returned my CS......

will DJI ever get this device bug free?  than I will buy again.
2018-2-12
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

??? DJI ???
DJI Mindy ? DJI Mark? DJI CEO????

what's about 4G dongle USB?
2018-2-14
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

Iannes suggested to install the Google play files that allow to install Litchi, then install Google now launcher to replace the DJI launcher.
At that point it should be possible to install widgets.
Then, install the widget that works on a PC to connect the dongle. But I've not seen news.
For DJI, my experience is that they do not answer in case of design issue
2018-2-14
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Hi Mindy,
You closed my topic https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1202978

but you did not solved issues !
what s about 4G dongle USB Feature for Crystalsky?!
2018-2-16
Use props
roger39
lvl.3
France

hello

I would also like to use my 4g key with the crystalsky.

Should we wait for a next update of crystalsky ?
2018-2-16
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The problem is the locked down home page where you start the the DJI apps, the widget needs to be on that screen, also the widget requires the CS to be rooted which is not worth it.

I flew for 1.5 hrs today 3 batteries, but to get the maps to work on the CS using DJI Go 4 , I had to hot spot my phone , which is a pain
2018-2-16
Use props
roger39
lvl.3
France

hello

Dji writes

PORTS AND NETWORK

The CrystalSky monitor’s HDMI port allows up to 4K video to be output to FPV goggles and other display devices. Built-in dual band Wi-Fi means it can connect to Wi-Fi networks and Wi-Fi hotspots from mobile devices, and it is also compatible with 4G dongles and USB storage through its USB-A

https://store.dji.com/product/crystalsky?from=search&vid=23491

2018-2-17
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

I guess the 4G will be integrated in the production release of the CS
2018-2-17
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

that's what I call a fake or a lie !
I don't undestand why Mindy (who advised me to buy HUAWEI 4G Dongle USB: 1rst page of this thread) don't answer anymore?!
The lie became bigger than Moderator !
2018-2-17
Use props
roger39
lvl.3
France

dji should remove this mention:

.....it is also compatible with 4G dongles ....
2018-2-17
Use props
roger39
lvl.3
France

I bought this dongle from a Chinese site, and I can not use it.
2018-2-17
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

Imho they've stopped to develop this proto version, and are spending their ressources on a working one. Would be fair to offer some compensation for the beta testers of the V1, when the V2 will appear (which should not be long)
2018-2-17
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've given up and bought myself a cheap 3g myfi , the ZTE M65, which is enough for mapping

2018-2-18
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why would you bother with a dongle on the Crystal Sky?

I put my iPhone X in Hotspot mode and Wifi from the CrystalSky to it. Its gives 4G and has a 100Gbyte month plan.

Cant you do that on most phones?
2018-2-18
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

bjr981s Posted at 2018-2-18 07:40
Why would you bother with a dongle on the Crystal Sky?

I put my iPhone X in Hotspot mode and Wifi from the CrystalSky to it. Its gives 4G and has a 100Gbyte month plan.

Because Wifi from smartphone hotspot uses the smartphone's battery, add wifi signal which can reduce the RC's / video flux. Also, if someone call you it can disable the hotspot for a moment... it is recommended to disable Crystalsky's wifi when you fly...
2018-2-18
Use props
roger39
lvl.3
France

lannes Posted at 2018-2-18 06:23
I've given up and bought myself a cheap 3g myfi , the ZTE M65, which is enough for mapping

[view_image]

thanks for the information
2018-2-18
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-18 08:32
Because Wifi from smartphone hotspot uses the smartphone's battery, add wifi signal which can reduce the RC's / video flux. Also, if someone call you it can disable the hotspot for a moment... it is recommended to disable Crystalsky's wifi when you fly...

I flew for 1.5 hours , 3 battery on the weekend using in the phone hot spot and even had my trackimo on the AC.

I did not have one signal drop out, pixelation or any interference at all from the the hotspot or trackimo.

Although I was using my Titan Cyclone amplified antenna, which might have made a difference

2018-2-18
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

hi DJI, still no explination?
thanks Iannes for this alternative!
2018-2-19
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

Thanks Iannes for the idea.
I just ordered this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEvy2EqMCjk
The 4G hotspot function does not work on my phone (google nexus5). There is a workaround, but it has to be reinstalled each time android is updated, it's quite a mess.
2018-2-20
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

castormalin Posted at 2018-2-20 14:13
Thanks Iannes for the idea.
I just ordered this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEvy2EqMCjk

You don't really need 150mbps for a few maps, anyway it solves the problem
2018-2-21
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

Sure, but I will use it also for other purposes.
(Be careful, some cheap devices are only routers and require a separate 3G/4G USB dongle)
2018-2-21
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

I received the DLink M7350 today.
Works perfectly with the CS and all my other devices.
Easy to configure
Requires a (normal) big size SIM card
2018-2-23
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'm actually preferring the myfi method, you can keep it in your bag , it doesn't stick out the side of the CS like the dongle would and there is no risk of breaking it off.
2018-2-23
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 2018-2-23 19:19
I'm actually preferring the myfi method, you can keep it in your bag , it doesn't stick out the side of the CS like the dongle would and there is no risk of breaking it off.

If you’re hot spotting to a mifi, why not just hotspot to your phone? I don’t see the benefit of getting another device. A 3G dongle I can sort of understand, assuming it ever works but not a mifi.
2018-2-23
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Wyke Posted at 2018-2-23 23:28
If you’re hot spotting to a mifi, why not just hotspot to your phone? I don’t see the benefit of getting another device. A 3G dongle I can sort of understand, assuming it ever works but not a mifi.

myfi is more compact and lighter , I can use a purely data plan which is cheaper in Australia, I don't run down my phone battery if I'm not close to charging and need to make emergency calls. It's also a back-up if the phone fails or it's battery dies when your out hiking
2018-2-24
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 2018-2-24 00:22
myfi is more compact and lighter , I can use a purely data plan which is cheaper in Australia, I don't run down my phone battery if I'm not close to charging and need to make emergency calls. It's also a back-up if the phone fails or it's battery dies when your out hiking

Ok thanks for explanation. Each to their own I guess. I already “struggle” with Air, Controller, batteries and phone. Adding a Crystalsky in the coming days/weeks, when it arrives, plus mount. The though of yet another thing to add was perplexing. Fortunately my phone is fairly compact already (one reason for getting CS) and I have a good inclusive data plan, so that’s not an issue for me.
2018-2-24
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

lannes Posted at 2018-2-23 19:19

I agree. it's the same for the M7350: it's a 4G -> wifi portable hotspot.
It's the best option, it's universal. Anyway it's clear today that the USB dongles do not work with the CS. DJI should remove this from the specs

2018-2-24
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

Wyke Posted at 2018-2-23 23:28

Same as Iannes, + the hospot wifi function does not work on my phone (Nexus5)
2000 mAh   8h battery lifetime for the M7350
2018-2-24
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy ? Happy new year, hope your holidays was great.
Can we expect a official DJI answer about the CS  USB dongle feature? It doesnt work isn't it?!
2018-2-24
Use props
fans621af22f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396365 ft
United States

YOYOMAN, I really enjoy your tenacity with DJI. KEEP AFTER THEM. Hold them accountable!! I would also like the option of using an external 4G/LTE modem! Where is it DJI? In the meantime, I cache maps and use phone hotspot when necessary.
2018-2-24
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

That's fun, this post is the biggest one about the CS. Looks like DJI is not reading it
2018-2-24
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

fans621af22f Posted at 2018-2-24 05:55
YOYOMAN, I really enjoy your tenacity with DJI. KEEP AFTER THEM. Hold them accountable!! I would also like the option of using an external 4G/LTE modem! Where is it DJI? In the meantime, I cache maps and use phone hotspot when necessary.

I'm pretty sure that any 3G/4G -> mobile wifi device would work, because it does not require anything from the Crystalsky.
What is not working is the 3G/4G USB dongles. Those devices require a specific SW interface that does not exist
2018-2-24
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

What do I have to do to get support or to get a official answer about: 4G USB dongle feature for Crystalsky????
Maybe writting to the President?!
This thread was pull there are 2 months ago... and still not any support....
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules