Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
very poor SDK documentation and lack of examples/tutorials/etc
1658 2 2015-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fundyandroid
New

Canada

I'm an Android developer and would like to build some basic Flight/Main Controller apps to guide a drone in flight.

But I am finding the SDK documentation to be lacking in sufficient detail for me to figure it out. Maybe I am not a good enough develoer, but the demo is too confusing for me to understand.

For a start, I am just tring to control a drone to fly to a single pre-determined waypoint.

Perhaps I have overlooked something, but is there any tutorial / sample code / instructions for how to accomplish a basic task like this?

I have asked DJI to clarify some questions for me, but they have not given any meaningful answers.

I'm having a hard time taking this SDK seriously. Is anyone having success with it?

Cheers,

Ian in Canada
2015-4-19
Use props
fundyandroid
New

Canada

Ian here again

The new SDK documentation is much improved and I can likely figure it out now. Useful examples seem to still be scarce but it is a definite move in the right direction.

Unfortunately the new SDK will not work for my new Phantom 3 Advanced, which has yet to be delivered. The SDK is only for the Professional model, so developers beware.

So I won't be able to write/test any apps for awhile. Maybe the documentation will be better when the SDK finally also works for the Advanced model.
2015-5-4
Use props
Andreas-Menzel
lvl.2

Germany

Hey Ian!

Did you ever revisit this topic and write an app that uses the (Mobile) SDK?

Greetings from Germany,
Andreas
2023-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules