Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RTH Fail
747 3 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_jkwLliT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88422 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px]I initiated the RTH function when my Mavic was running low on battery. Halfway from returning home, it started to descend on its own before it was directly above me. Since there were obstacles of different heights all around me I tried to force it back up. But it got to a point where it wouldn't let me and kept going down, by the time the RTH feature had brought back, it was 169 ft. to the left of me at 200 ft. I could hear it but still couldn't see it. The battery ended up being so low that it had to force land, which happens to be by the trees. Now I keep getting the "Gimbal Overload" error and there is no video feed nor can I move the camera around.

[size=14.6667px]
  • Would this be considered a RTH issue since it was so drastically off from the Home Point and started to land before it was anywhere near me?
  • Would the gimbal/camera be fixable under warranty since this wasn't a user error?
  • What would the fix be for the gimbal/camera?

2017-12-27
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... first thing they always ask you is to upload your flightrecord and share it with us...

You probably didn't notice wind-directions and flew "with" the wind... when battery was low you had to return and fly "against" the wind... when battery is that low that the MP can't return home, the only thing it can do is land because that is more safe then letting it drop from the sky... That is no RTH-issue but pilot error...
2017-12-27
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Sounds like you let the battery get too low for conditions before returning home.
2017-12-27
Use props
mstrauss7140
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62129 ft
United States

Once your battery gets to about 10% it's going to land where ever it is and will not return to home. This feature keeps the drone from falling out of the sky due to empty battery, but can lead to problems if the terrain is not optimal for landing.
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules