Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RE Goggles Update Continually Fail
1885 8 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BBB
Flight distance : 94101 ft
United States

So far I have wasted around 10 hours attempting to update the firmware in the DJI Goggles RE.  The original problem was, when in Analog Drone Racing Mode, the image cropped the top and bottom of the actual camera image, i.e., made 16:9 out of 4:3 aspect ratio by cropping.

After infinite attempts to update the firmware to v01.00.0100, I finally got one successful outcome.  I briefly tried the goggles in analog mode and was able to see a complete image on frequency 5925.

Yesterday I attempted to fly my analog racing drones using the goggles.  I discovered that the goggles would not tune to 5925, seemed to limit upper channel to 5850.  So I reset Tx to 5740 and tried again.  The goggles failed to recognize this freq either and had no image.

Last night I attempted to "Refresh" v01.00.0100 using DJI Assistant 2 v1.18.  No joy, just repeated failures.

Unless I just have a defective set of goggles, I cannot be the only one having these issues.

I understand that DJI has a reputation for horrible customer service.  I don't even know where to begin.

Any info/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you, Bob.
2017-12-27
Use props
BBB
United States

After hours on the phone with DJI and two disconnects, DJI tech support declared the goggles defective.  So...the replacement process begins...
2017-12-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ouch. I just got my goggles and haven’t updated yet, but I haven’t tried analog. This makes me hesitant to update.
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Bob, just to verify, do you download the DJI Assistant 2 in the Goggles page? Is there any error code when the failures appeared? Also, please kindly offer your case number, we'd like to see whether we can help.
2017-12-27
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
First Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

At least you know that you will have your corrective lenses by the time the new goggles arrive. Now I'm really interested to see how mine work on analog.
2017-12-27
Use props
BBB
United States

I received my replacement goggles today.  Same old same old.  Unable to update to the latest version software.  Wasted another hour or two.  Yes, I downloaded and installed the latest DJI Assistant. Usually DJI is bullet proof.  This is a total PITA.
2018-1-12
Use props
BBB
United States

FYI:  With the same PC and DJI Ass 2, I have successfully updated a friend's DJI Goggles RE with no issues.  I have no idea what is the problem with my replacement goggles but I have used up my patience.  Oh well, the goggles seem to work OK with the Mavic.  The analog racing drone settings are a joke.
2018-1-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

BBB Posted at 2018-1-12 19:24
FYI:  With the same PC and DJI Ass 2, I have successfully updated a friend's DJI Goggles RE with no issues.  I have no idea what is the problem with my replacement goggles but I have used up my patience.  Oh well, the goggles seem to work OK with the Mavic.  The analog racing drone settings are a joke.

Sucks you’re having problems updating. I really like the goggles Re’s especially in analog. Have you tried to update using phone/tablet. Perfect time to try it since a new firmware is out.
2018-1-12
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
First Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe it's time to play the lottery with your luck.
2018-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules