Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIPilot-IceBox
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello guys!

I want to ask if its safe to dress your Mavic with Decals? Will it have any effect? I am eyeing at this decals http://taco-rc.com/taco-rc-carbo ... ry-remote-gradient/

Let me know your thoughts guys!

Happy Flying!

Happy Holidays!

2017-12-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would never use them personally but it's perfectly fine as long and none of the vents are covered. Be very careful applying them and give yourself a few hours at least to do it properly.
2017-12-27
Use props
DJIPilot-IceBox
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-12-27 11:48
I would never use them personally but it's perfectly fine as long and none of the vents are covered. Be very careful applying them and give yourself a few hours at least to do it properly.

Thank you. I am really hesitant. I guess, I'll leave it that way for safety.
2017-12-27
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The grain on the plastic surface of the Mavic pro make it a bit difficult for certain decals to stick
I find lining up large pieces of decals, an exercise in frustration as you often cannot reposition them easily
2017-12-27
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

No sticking problem, here.
I really don't think there will be any problem with wrapping your Mavic, all cooling is done with fans and vents, not so much with skin. Just don't cover front or rear vents.

A lot of flying field guys do it to be able to see each other better.
2017-12-27
Use props
DJIPilot-IceBox
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DroneDriver Posted at 2017-12-27 15:08
No sticking problem, here.
I really don't think there will be any problem with wrapping your Mavic, all cooling is done with fans and vents, not so much with skin. Just don't cover front or rear vents.

Thanks! I appreciate your reply. It really looks cool to have decal. Where do you get yours?
2017-12-27
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

DJIPilot-IceBox Posted at 2017-12-27 16:39
Thanks! I appreciate your reply. It really looks cool to have decal. Where do you get yours?

Good for the visibility and coolness aspect. No so good for the 'if you ever want to remove it' aspect. 'o)
2017-12-27
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The texture of the Mavic skin allows the decals to stick pretty well. The texture also allows it to be remove with absolutely no glue residue.

I got these on ebay for twelve bucks. It is a pack of 8 different eyes and mouths and numbered dots for battery ID. Ihave changed the look a couple of times, no problems.

2017-12-27
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The decals are made of vinyl. thick enough to peel off. The full wraps are made of carbon fiber, surely tough enough to peel off, if necessary.
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules