Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI P3S to DJI Spark
1028 19 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb8eb41bc
lvl.1
United States

Hello ,

i'm new to this forum.   I have a question to clarify with you all.

I'm currently having the DJI Phantom 3 Standard drone for over a year. Due to its size my flying time is limited as i'm only using it to fly near our home.  This christmas i have got a good deal on the DJI Spark Fly More Combo pack. I have put my P3S on sale and there are few people interested in it.   

Is it a good idea to replace the P3S to DJI Spark?  The only thing which makes me going back & forth is the 2-axis gimbal.  Is this a deal breaker?   I dont need a 4K video, I'm happy with a 1080p video quality. I'm a photo hobbiyst & I shoot lots of landscape picture for personal use.  The portabality of the spark makes me more interested to carry it easily. I would like to have Mavic but its too expensive and I dont want to spend lot of money since I'm going to use Drone for my personal hobby.  

Has anyone in this group being using both P3S & Spark or moved from P3S to Spark?  Pls share your experiences .

Thanks in advance,

2017-12-27
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

I have the P3SE and Spark.
The P3 using litchi waypoints is fantastic. I have no complaints about the Spark but for me it’s a foul weather drone to fly around my house, inside.
The Spark just doesn’t have enough flight time for outdoor use, for me.
I won’t give up either.
2017-12-27
Use props
fansb8eb41bc
lvl.1
United States

CabinPete Posted at 2017-12-27 14:56
I have the P3SE and Spark.
The P3 using litchi waypoints is fantastic. I have no complaints about the Spark but for me it’s a foul weather drone to fly around my house, inside.
The Spark just doesn’t have enough flight time for outdoor use, for me.

Thanks for your reply.  If you had a choice to pick only one of them which one you would pick it.  
2017-12-27
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Captain
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansb8eb41bc Posted at 2017-12-27 15:40
Thanks for your reply.  If you had a choice to pick only one of them which one you would pick it.

I have P3S too...since I got the Spark on June I hardly fly the PS 3 anymore. I love the Spark and I can fly anytime I want.
2017-12-27
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

fansb8eb41bc Posted at 2017-12-27 15:40
Thanks for your reply.  If you had a choice to pick only one of them which one you would pick it.

P3, Phantom series are my favorite.
Not knocking the Spark I just like the size and the way the Phantoms fly, visual, camera, flight time.
I would really like a P4A.
The Mavic does nothing for me.
2017-12-27
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would lose the P3s. I have had P3S, P3P, P4P+. I currently have an Inspire2, Mavic and a Spark.
Spark gets the most use due to portability and it continues to amaze me with it's photographic abilities.
As far as flight time goes, for the cost of 1 Phantom battery, you can buy almost 3 Spark batteries.
I have 4 and seldom use them all when out flying.
Here's a shot from tonight:
d.jpg
2017-12-27
Use props
fansb8eb41bc
lvl.1
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-12-27 18:12
I would lose the P3s. I have had P3S, P3P, P4P+. I currently have an Inspire2, Mavic and a Spark.
Spark gets the most use due to portability and it continues to amaze me with it's photographic abilities.
As far as flight time goes, for the cost of 1 Phantom battery, you can buy almost 3 Spark batteries.

Thanks for your reply.  I had the same thought.. I cannot use the P3S much as i cannot carry around easily wherever i go due to its size. Since you have used all the DJI's drone & its good to hear your opinions on this decision.  

BTW: Beautiful shot of the sunset.  Was this taken in a spark?  Did you shoot it in a manual mode ?  Well done.  
2017-12-28
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansb8eb41bc Posted at 2017-12-28 19:48
Thanks for your reply.  I had the same thought.. I cannot use the P3S much as i cannot carry around easily wherever i go due to its size. Since you have used all the DJI's drone & its good to hear your opinions on this decision.  

BTW: Beautiful shot of the sunset.  Was this taken in a spark?  Did you shoot it in a manual mode ?  Well done.

Thanks!!
Yes, shot with Spark.
This was 5 stills that I shot in Tripod mode stitched together in MS ICE. Camera set to auto but -0.5 EV.
Here's another from tonight:

a.jpg
2017-12-28
Use props
fansb8eb41bc
lvl.1
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-12-28 19:53
Thanks!!
Yes, shot with Spark.
This was 5 stills that I shot in Tripod mode stitched together in MS ICE. Camera set to auto but -0.5 EV.

Awesome Shot !!!  This one is even better than other one.  I'm excited to get the spark.  Do you use lot of QuickShot modes like the Dronei, Rocket, Helix & Circle. ?  This is one of the features I'm more interested to try out.   

One more question:  Based on your experiences with spark,  Do you recommend any preferred color choice?  I know its personal choice . Read in other forums that Lime Green matches the Grass and sometimes it difficult to spot in grass. :-)   What are your thoughts?  
2017-12-28
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thanks again!
Only mode I use besides sport mode is Tripod. Personally, I have no interest in those others.
Color doesn't matter, Spark is very hard to see in the sky.  Mine is red ...... because....
People try to increase range with antenna boosters and other gimmicks but for me, VLOS is my limit on any of my (Investments) drones.
2017-12-28
Use props
fansb8eb41bc
lvl.1
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-12-28 21:07
Thanks again!
Only mode I use besides sport mode is Tripod. Personally, I have no interest in those others.
Color doesn't matter, Spark is very hard to see in the sky.  Mine is red ...... because....

Thanks.. That's a good point.   Keep posting your Drone shots.  
2017-12-28
Use props
xfirf_
First Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

If the size is your mainconcern: sell the p3 and buy some extra batteries for the spark.

I used to make raw-photos only with my regular cameras and was sceptical about jps from a camera. But spark does a really good job here. Even in postproduction you can get a lot out of them.

I bought the spark because of the size and weight and did not regret it.
2017-12-28
Use props
fansb8eb41bc
lvl.1
United States

xfirf_ Posted at 2017-12-28 23:24
If the size is your mainconcern: sell the p3 and buy some extra batteries for the spark.

I used to make raw-photos only with my regular cameras and was sceptical about jps from a camera. But spark does a really good job here. Even in postproduction you can get a lot out of them.

Perfect !!!  Thanks for your response.  I'm in a situation now to let go my P3S for spark.   I mainly needed it for portability now.  
2017-12-29
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Or sell both and get a Mavic
2017-12-29
Use props
fansb8eb41bc
lvl.1
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-12-29 10:20
Or sell both and get a Mavic

Yes.. Mavic would be the best option. But i dont want to spend $1k now. I dont need 4K quality, dont need very long range and I use it only for personal use.  Right now the holiday sale of $399 on the spark is a very good price.
2017-12-29
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansb8eb41bc Posted at 2017-12-29 10:37
Yes.. Mavic would be the best option. But i dont want to spend $1k now. I dont need 4K quality, dont need very long range and I use it only for personal use.  Right now the holiday sale of $399 on the spark is a very good price.

True...at $399 it is a great buy
2017-12-29
Use props
xfirf_
First Officer
Germany

fansb8eb41bc Posted at 2017-12-29 10:37
Yes.. Mavic would be the best option. But i dont want to spend $1k now. I dont need 4K quality, dont need very long range and I use it only for personal use.  Right now the holiday sale of $399 on the spark is a very good price.

Yes,
But you should think about the remote controller too. Check if the fly more combo would fit your budget too.
2017-12-29
Use props
Stickemup 7
lvl.1
United States

It’s only $349 at Target right now
2017-12-29
Use props
fansb8eb41bc
lvl.1
United States

xfirf_ Posted at 2017-12-29 10:45
Yes,
But you should think about the remote controller too. Check if the fly more combo would fit your budget too.

I got the fly-more combo . It was a good deal.  
2017-12-29
Use props
xfirf_
First Officer
Germany

fansb8eb41bc Posted at 2017-12-29 17:20
I got the fly-more combo . It was a good deal.

Perfect.
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules