Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji spark photos/videos problem
1516 4 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Prsmeds
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3711 ft
United States

On the dji spark, what is the easiest way to get photos/videos to a computer? I have an sd card, but not a sd reader....Also, when I download videos from the spark using the play button in the bottom corner, I have to have my drone on and take it outside to do it, and usually it doesn't work. Any suggestions?
2017-12-27
Use props
Anuvis
First Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

I would advice you to buy an SD card reader....This is the best way in my opinion to transfer to PC
2017-12-27
Use props
Lee Moon
First Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

If I recall, when you plug in the USB cable to your Spark and computer, the SD card will appear on the computer as a USB drive.  You should then be able to open the SD card on the computer and copy photos and videos from the card to the computer.  I haven't tried this on my iMac, but did notice the card appearing when I used DJI Assistant on the Mac to do the Spark firmware updates.

Another way I do it (when not using a card reader), is to save whichever photos and videos to my iPad camera roll in Photos.  Then I attach the iPad to my iMac and open the Mac version of Photos and import the Spark media in to Mac Photos.  I can export any videos and photos for use outside of Photos if needed.
2017-12-27
Use props
Lee Moon
First Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

Quick update:  I just tried connecting the Spark to my iMac using the Spark's USB cable.  The SD card appeared on the Mac desktop and I was able to quickly copy the contents of the card to the Mac.  The Spark must be powered on to do this, but it will not fly with a USB cable connected for safety reasons. So that's good.

I still prefer to eject the micro SD card and use a reader.  That way I preserve the battery charge.  I have an SD card reader dongle for my iPad Air 2.  My iMac has an SD card slot built in.

Hope this helps in some way.
2017-12-27
Use props
Wave
First Officer
Flight distance : 157618 ft
United States

I just got my Spark and have tried to transfer directly from the Spark to my iPhone Camera however, when I attempt to get a connection failure on video transfers. I have had a great deal of success by connecting my drone directly to my iMac via USB and the Spark mounts as an SD_VOL drive.
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules