Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro vs Platinum battery question:
22351 13 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eddieNoob
Second Officer
United States

Pretty sure I know the answer, but always good to ask:

Are the Mavic Pro and the Platinum batteries identical except for color? After ordering my Platinum package (which appeared via the page picture to include a second battery) I ordered what I thought would be a third battery (regular Mavic Pro), which arrived and I charged it.

My Platinum package arrived today (!!!!!!!!!!!), but it only contains the one Platinum battery.
I'd like to order that THIRD battery, but the Platinum battery costs more than twice as much as the standard Pro battery (ie, like the second one I ordered and charged).

I don't care about matching the color to the A/C, as long as the performance is the same.

Da Noob, about to disappear down a rabbit hole for a time. I have all the dji apps (Asst 2, GO 4) and await the Mini 4 so I can set that up.  
2017-12-27
Use props
eddieNoob
Second Officer
United States

I am assuming that I'll want to install both of the standard batteries in the A/C when updating in order to maintain consistency?
2017-12-27
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

They are the same specifications and should cost the same, they do on the DJI official store. Because of the stock situation some shops are taking advantage

2017-12-27
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

eddieNoob Posted at 2017-12-27 14:11
I am assuming that I'll want to install both of the standard batteries in the A/C when updating in order to maintain consistency?

Yes all the batteries will need to have their firmware upgraded from time to time, the AC will warn you of a firmware mismatch

You can use DJI Assistant 2 and a PC to do the updgrades to AC and RC , if seems like a more stable process than using DJI Go4 , remember to turn the AC on when connecting to the PC via usb so it can be recognised by the application

Since your new, I'd also look at the DJI Go4 manual

https://forum.dji.com/thread-118397-1-1.html
2017-12-27
Use props
eddieNoob
Second Officer
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-27 14:35
Yes all the batteries will need to have their firmware upgraded from time to time, the AC will warn you of a firmware mismatch

You can use DJI Assistant 2 and a PC to do the updgrades to AC and RC , if seems like a more stable process than using DJI Go4 , remember to turn the AC on when connecting to the PC via usb so it can be recognised by the application

Thanks for GO 4 link. I have been all through that.  

And thanks for the reply on the battery compatibility. I assumed so, but wanted to make sure.
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Eddie, yes, the Mavic Pro battery is compatible with the Platinum. You can find the answer in the Platinum FAQ: https://www.dji.com/mavic-pro-platinum/info#faq Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.
2017-12-27
Use props
MWitarsa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2058179 ft
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-27 18:39
Hello Eddie, yes, the Mavic Pro battery is compatible with the Platinum. You can find the answer in the Platinum FAQ: https://www.dji.com/mavic-pro-platinum/info#faq Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

So, there is no difference regarding capacity or performance between Mavic Pro and Platinum battery, right?
2018-7-18
Use props
dronto
Captain
Singapore

I think they are the same specs but with different colors
2018-7-18
Use props
MrArcher
Second Officer
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

Why by the Standard Pro Battery, if the matching Platinum battery costs the same?  If not, try another vendor that doesn't screw their customers.
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MWitarsa Posted at 2018-7-18 11:57
So, there is no difference regarding capacity or performance between Mavic Pro and Platinum battery, right?

Yes, that's right. There will be no difference when it comes to the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum batteries. For reference, please see the attached image below.  You may also check or compare the details of each drone to our website. Just go to www.dji.com. >> Click the Consumer on the top left corner >> then click consumer drone's comparison. If you have further question, please let us know. Thanks!

2018-7-18
Use props
MWitarsa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2058179 ft
Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-18 14:58
Yes, that's right. There will be no difference when it comes to the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum batteries. For reference, please see the attached image below.  You may also check or compare the details of each drone to our website. Just go to www.dji.com. >> Click the Consumer on the top left corner >> then click consumer drone's comparison. If you have further question, please let us know. Thanks!

[view_image]

Thank you for your reply Natalia.
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MWitarsa Posted at 2018-7-19 04:23
Thank you for your reply Natalia.

You're most welcome.
2018-7-19
Use props
John Kean
New

Cyprus

Dear Sir Please help.  I bought a Mavic Pro Platinum as a gift but the second time they used it it splashed in the seawater and now has water damage.  I cannot afford to repair it (€900) so I wondered if I can use the batteries on another cheaper drone, either from dji or a competitor?  It seems an awful waste of money.  I have a drone and 3 batteries I cannot use, after a large outlay of cost.  Please help.
2018-7-31
Use props
FLPilotShark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 721913 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had an unexpected fly away yesterday with my Dji Mavic Pro not sure if it was interference or what but the darn thing landed in the Ocean, go figure of all places which was un retrievable. Whats sad is I did not have my Getterback which is a recovery system for drones, link for that is below as well and course I did not have mine on yesterday ir I would have had a great chance on getting it back buy what are ya going to do? NADA....  I still have 2 Mavic Pro batteries and I was thinking about going today to best buy and buy the DJI - Mavic Pro but they are no  longer on sale for $879.00 which is what i PAID FOR at BestBuy a few weeks ago. What DJI did, is they lowered the price if the Dji Mavic Pro  Platinum Quadcopter with Remote Controller to $999.99 WHICH IS A KILLER DEAL!!  I am most likely going to go with the Dji Platinum since they are both the same price now from the Dji Official store. BestBuy jacked up the Mavic Pro to $1200 for Xmas or i WOULD gotten the same tthe same drone. What would you do if you were me?  
Go buy the Dji Mavic Pro from Dji for 999.00 or go with the Mavic Pro - Platinum Quadcopter SERIES instead for $999 from bestbuy?? i JUST WANDER IF the batteries for the Mavic pro will fit in the Mavic Pro - Platinum ??

[/img]201811/11/061303g75xph9z63ozi7xh.jpg[/img]

If you do any flying over water, I would high recommend installing of these on your drone for easy recovery.
GetterBack Recovery system
2018-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules