Forced ATTI mode activation!
3142 16 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
keymatrix
lvl.2

Russia

Recently I read 10 errors of pilots written by DJI - https://forum.dji.com/thread-35648-1-1.html   It is interesting 7 point -

7.       Indoor flight
Very often flying indoors due to the low GPS signal aircraft can drift, so it is getting difficult for the non-experienced pilot to control it.
Solution: Exercise your ATTI mode flight skills outside, to get the proper feeling of how to fly the aircraft without GPS

I do not mind training my aerobatics in ATTI mode! But how to turn it on forcibly? Or should I look for a place inside the house where there is not exactly a GPS? Why not make a forced ATTI ON?
2017-12-27
Use props
Dunes09
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41736 ft
United States

Don't think there is a way on the Spark. Other than covering it in foil.
2017-12-27
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe the Mavic Pro and for sure the Phantom have the ability to manually switch to ATTI mode.  However, there is no option for the Spark to do so.
2017-12-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-12-27 16:36
I believe the Mavic Pro and for sure the Phantom have the ability to manually switch to ATTI mode.  However, there is no option for the Spark to do so.

None for Mavic either.
2017-12-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Best bet is buy a 50$ drone loads to choose from, get one without compass or gps.
2017-12-27
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

Yes I know it says to practice outside but switch to sport mode inside and it will be in atti.
Best way for me to fly indoors, no beeping, sensor stopping me in doorways, etc.
In sport I can fly down hallways, up/down steps. Take it easy and go slow, the most noticeable difference is no braking so be prepared.
2017-12-27
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

It still will pop in and out of opti mode when the vps system sees and doesn’t see a pattern below.
2017-12-27
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

Maybe DJI can include the ATTi via DJI GO 4 app by disabling the GPS and VPS??
2017-12-28
Use props
_pk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 696 ft
Poland

As other has already said (wrote) it is not possible to manually switch Spark to atti. This is probably due to the intended market of this drone. However, personally I consider this a disadvantage. I can imagine scenarios when manual switching to atti would be advisable. I support the idea of having such an option in Go4, but I doubt it to happen.
2017-12-28
Use props
Cameron Dasso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6115 ft
United States

I would also like to be able to fly the drone on purpose in Atti mode if nothing else just to practice and see how the drone responds without assistance from GPS and VPS. I am an advanced RC pilot with many years experience flying 3D helis and quads but I would like to practice some with this one since it is very heavy and the controller is very different from the RC transmitters that I use for other flying. I don't intend to fly it for this on a regular basis since I have racing quads for that but it would be nice to have some actual experience if the worst happens.
2017-12-28
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I think a forced atti mode is also useful in situations where vps and gps work intermittently.
To avoid surprising me when jumping randomly between opti, gps and atti mode.
2017-12-28
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

You can buy a gps repeater

https://www.gps-repeaters.com/
2017-12-28
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Get a cheap toy drone and fly it indoors.. I got one for $30 at costco and it is great fun to fly.  I notice that the more I play with the toy the better I get at knowing how to control it and the spark.
2017-12-28
Use props
keymatrix
lvl.2

Russia

So ... From all of the above, I realized that many would like to have an ATTI switch in Spark ... It remains to hear what DJI thinks about this...)
2017-12-29
Use props
matteo.mollo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63524 ft
Italy

Good day,

i read all your message about Atti mode on the spark......so during fly if we have problem with GPS and drone will be not under controll, we have no solution ??? to fly manually ??
2018-5-3
Use props
Sp3K5y
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Personally I think that DJI Flight Simulator can be used for ATTI training . However there are only few maps. For Windows users - connect controller, select drone which doesn't have ATTI switch like Mavic Air and just press "V" on keyboard while atti is selected mode for flight, then practice. Probably DJI doesn't want to add software switch on drones witch controllers don't have button switch to ATTI.

Almost hit my drone in ATTI. Hopefully the drone lock it's position when GPS was back just before crash into a tree.

2019-1-14
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Or do the ATTI modification and switch the sport mode to ATTI. Easy enough to do.
2019-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules