Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go Map Destination Selection
6025 8 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Caden Shelley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135026 ft
United States

Does the DJI Go 4 app offer a feature where you can select a point on the map, and have the drone fly there? I know that there are waypoints but in order to use those, I have to have already traveled there. I think that some third party apps offer this but I would rather not risk something weird happening.
2017-12-27
Use props
ghost_ATX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1277703 ft
United States

DJI software doesn't do this yet, but Litchi and Autopilot do. Both of those are 3rd party software apps priced around $20 USD, but they are worth it. I use Litchi all the time and have had no problems with it. You can plan out your flight on your home pc or mac, upload the pre-programmed "mission" and then go out and fly it. You can also adjust the mission in the field in case Google Maps wasn't completely accurate when you were plotting your waypoints for your mission on the computer. You do need to have internet access where you are at to adjust the mission, however.

I have Autopilot as well but its less user-friendly so I usually default to Litchi. In fact, it's the only program I use with my P3P since the last firmware update was jankety and DJI doesn't really support P3Ps anymore. It works great with my Mavic too. You can use Litchi and Autopilot just to fly your bird normally. Missions are optional but a very nice feature. It's also nice to have a backup app in case the latest DJI firmware bricks your bird or causes issues. It seems that every other DJI firmware update is glitchy. I like being able to fly between firmware fixes. But to each his or her own.
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry, Caden, DJI GO 4 now doesn't support map destination selection at the moment, but DJI GS Pro can do this, if you are using an iPad, you can download this app to start it. However, with GS Pro, you will still need to fly the drone carefully.
2017-12-27
Use props
Guido-Italy
Captain
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-27 19:06
Sorry, Caden, DJI GO 4 now doesn't support map destination selection at the moment, but DJI GS Pro can do this, if you are using an iPad, you can download this app to start it. However, with GS Pro, you will still need to fly the drone carefully.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2az0IkNSzA

Hi Thow will GS be available for IPhone?
2017-12-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Guido-Italy Posted at 2017-12-30 13:44
Hi Thow will GS be available for IPhone?

Hi Guido, the GS Pro is only available in iPad(such as all iPad Air, Air 2, Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, and Pro tablets), please kindly note.
2017-12-30
Use props
Guido-Italy
Captain
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-30 18:38
Hi Guido, the GS Pro is only available in iPad(such as all iPad Air, Air 2, Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, and Pro tablets), please kindly note.

Thanks Susan and happy new year
2017-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Guido-Italy Posted at 2017-12-31 09:20
Thanks Susan and happy new year

You are welcome. Happy New Year!
2017-12-31
Use props
Seevee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51378 ft

United States

Question on DJI GS Pro:
Is this a replacement or an add on to the DJI GO app? And is this free? Says it's an in app download, what's that? And can we assume this products is being improved (lots of poor reviews). Looks like a great product. And if one downloaded it, can they delete it? Thanks!
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Seevee Posted at 2018-1-6 07:51
Question on DJI GS Pro:
Is this a replacement or an add on to the DJI GO app? And is this free? Says it's an in app download, what's that? And can we assume this products is being improved (lots of poor reviews). Looks like a great product. And if one downloaded it, can they delete it? Thanks!

The GS Pro is an iPad app designed to control for plan automatic flights for DJI aircraft. And it is free to download from the App Store. More details, please visit the below link:

https://www.dji.com/ground-stati ... &from=insite_search
2018-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules