Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wrong firmware installing
1050 6 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mancuso_inc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39708 ft
United States

I just downloaded the inspire 1 firmware and started installing it on my new inspire 1v2 with x5r.

Unfortunately, as the inspire AC is flashing yellow and installing, I'm realizing I was using the wrong firmware! I downloaded the initial one on the inspire 1 downloads page, 1.11.01.50 , instead of the one for the raw.

I don't want to interrupt this installation while it's still flashing yellow, so I simply wait for it to complete and then install the correct one using the same procedure?
2017-12-27
Use props
mancuso_inc
lvl.1
United States

Currently it's being installing for about 30 minutes with flashing yellow light. Should I interrupt the install?
2017-12-27
Use props
mancuso_inc
lvl.1
United States

mancuso_inc Posted at 2017-12-27 17:50
Currently it's being installing for about 30 minutes with flashing yellow light. Should I interrupt the install?

And for any other dummies like myself, you shall learn that the flashing yellow light and no sound means nothing is being installed.

I turned it off, changed the firmware .bin in the micro SD, popped it back in and turned it on and it started initializing.

So, created and solved my own problem. Nothing to see here, folks...
2017-12-27
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Don't worry about it, if you try to put the wrong FW on, it will not work. You can stop it halfway through if you like. Just download the X5 firmware and try again. Make sure you update the aircraft first (with the controller OFF) then when that is successful (if you read the Text file on the SD card it will say "success") you can update the controller, via the app (with the aircraft OFF).

Best of luck and let us know how you got on.

Mark G.
2017-12-28
Use props
mancuso_inc
lvl.1
United States

Thanks mark, I was able to turn it off, upload the correct .bin file to the micro sd card, and properly upgrade the AC for the x5r.

fortunately you're right, dji was one step ahead of my mistake on this one, up getting great footage of the foothills of NorCal right now. Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
2017-12-28
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

mancuso_inc Posted at 2017-12-28 13:02
Thanks mark, I was able to turn it off, upload the correct .bin file to the micro sd card, and properly upgrade the AC for the x5r.

fortunately you're right, dji was one step ahead of my mistake on this one, up getting great footage of the foothills of NorCal right now. Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

YAY! Good news and merry Xmas to you too pal.

Mark G.
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mancuso, don't worry to interrupt the updating process, just download the correct firmware and update again.
Glad to know you figured it out.
Happy holidays.
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules