Ultra Bright Screen Went Blank While Flying!
986 2 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nigel_AU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17927 ft
Australia

Hi GJI Reps.

After searching on this forum it seems this issue is becoming more common, this is very concerning for a $1000 (AU) Priced product.

My issue is the same as others, after 10 monuters of flying the screen went blank.  After turnming the drone (By visual only as no screen) I noticed that the monitor is still functioning but barely visible.

Additional Info
- Firmware at the latest release as of December ‘17
- Monitor Battery fully charged before flight

After event
- Reboot .. No different
- Hard Reset (Via Settings) .. No differnce
- Moved the brightness slider up/down .. No difference
- Used another fully charged monitor battery .. No difference
- Unit is still functional just screen brightness is extremely low (Barely visible need a torch on screen to see)
- Unit is as factory NO additional apps installed

Has the cause of this issue been identified??  I am concerned that a replacement unit will have the same issue ??

Thanks

Nigel

2017-12-27
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Nigel,.  I have the same problem. Please check out my post. This is my 2nd CS.Both of them the screens went dark. 5.5 & a 7.85 Ultra
I really like it CS shame about the backlight. Looks like a few of us have them same problem.

I’ll send mine back tomorrow tomorrow. I’ve been away Droning Genentech it happened.

2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Nigel, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our products, we recommend to send in the device to official repair center for evaluation, the team will find out the reason and take care of it for you. We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules