CrystalSky High vs Ultra Brightness
1766 4 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SRQ-FL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69639 ft
United States

Just got the CS Ultra couple days ago. Did couple flights today in full Florida sun wearing polarized sun glasses. Was realy impressed at the vissibility of the screen. I can probably get by with less than 100% brightness on the Ultra in full sun.

I am wondering what setting on the brightness slider on the CS Ultra would match the Max brightness of the CS High brightness.

On a separate note, I noticed that the GO 4 app on the CS does not have the offline map feature that was on my android phone. I realy need offline map for my photography. I am hoping that DJI will add the offline map feature on the CS version of the Go 4 app.

Also, in my first two fights, I had two separate incedents that the Go 4 app crahed. A pop-up message saying "DJI GO 4 isn't responding. Do you want to close it. Wait OK"
Hitting OK did not respond. SCreen frozen. Had to reboot the monitor using the Power button. Hopping this is a known bug that DJI is working on to fix.

This is my 1st post on DJI forum. Is this forum the proper venue to report bugs to the DJI team? Does DJI post somewhere Bug fix reports fo rthe different releases of the App?

2017-12-27
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Sound like a real bright monitor. Probably the slider at 50% would make the Ultra similar to the High. They just removed the offline maps but I hope they will return soon.
2017-12-28
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
United Kingdom

For me the standard CS isn't much brighter than a regular iPad or samsung phone but the Ultra is not comparable to anything. I absolute love my CS Ultra!! Yeah the removal of the offline maps is a real bummer....
2017-12-28
Use props
SRQ-FL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69639 ft
United States

Swedrone Posted at 2017-12-28 04:53
Sound like a real bright monitor. Probably the slider at 50% would make the Ultra similar to the High. They just removed the offline maps but I hope they will return soon.

Any body can confirm 50%...

I would have got the 5'' CS if it came in Ultra Bright. I think the 8'' CS is too big for the mavic controller.

I heard that some had success using CS with 3rd party Apps. Any one tried the Sony Alpha,  GoPro, and Nikon wifi Apps on the CS?
2017-12-28
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

SRQ-FL Posted at 2017-12-28 19:34
Any body can confirm 50%...

I would have got the 5'' CS if it came in Ultra Bright. I think the 8'' CS is too big for the mavic controller.

I think 1000 nits is more than enough + you have the different enhancement profiles that other devices lack. The combo with DJI´s mount and the Mavic controller feels a bit akward but I guess I will get used to it. I can try installing those apps and get back with the result on this forum.

EDIT: GoPro is not working, it needs Google Play Services, which can´t be installed without some tweeks
This is in Dutch but you can follow by watching

I tried Fuljifilm Camera Remote and it connects to the camera but the app looks all wierd.
2017-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules