Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone failed within a week...
1199 29 2017-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aaronfrancis89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34055 ft
Australia

So, purchased the drone last week on Thursday and have already found an issue with the humble making some pretty loud grinding noises and heating up. Would've thought that a purchase within the week (And within the law) that the drone would be replaced there and then considering they were able to easily reproduce the fault and that is was clearly visible that there is no external damage.

This comes soon after dji updating the firmware that will no longer allow my phone to connect and having to go out and buy a new compatible iPad.

It's great when you call and speak to them to hear them turn around and say, sorry not our fault can't do anything. When it was purchased off their advice that it would work (and had worked for the 4 days of use)

So far, extremely dissapointed with the aftersales service of DJI and I hope it dramatically improves from here. Gonna miss put on some good new years shots
2017-12-28
Use props
Aaronfrancis89
lvl.1
Australia

Humble = Gimble... damn autocorrect
2017-12-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The support people are in some call centre, probably in the Phillipines, and don't know the first thing about the aircraft. With luck, a DJI person will come on here and offer to help you.
2017-12-28
Use props
Aaronfrancis89
lvl.1
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-12-28 00:42
The support people are in some call centre, probably in the Phillipines, and don't know the first thing about the aircraft. With luck, a DJI person will come on here and offer to help you.

Went into the DJI store in Chadstone (aus), was not given any other option but to leave it there to send in for a "review" so they can confirm it's not because of a crash.

Says up to 10 business days but can expect longer with the new years holiday.

Under fair trading laws, it should have been replaced on the spot..but they ignored that
2017-12-28
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aaronfrancis89 Posted at 2017-12-28 00:40
Humble = Gimble... damn autocorrect

Have a look at this other thread, there is a chance that it may be firmware related..

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D386%26typeid%3D386

There was a Beta release, but latest firmware also just came out (25th?). So might be worth a try if machines still at dealers.
2017-12-28
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Apologies, that was for the P4 Pro, you have the P4 Advanced.
2017-12-28
Use props
Aaronfrancis89
lvl.1
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-28 02:10
Apologies, that was for the P4 Pro, you have the P4 Advanced.

My issue seems to be exactly the same as your link.. coincidentally, it updated on the 25th of December too. I might give them a call in the morning to provide the link. Thanks for the input
2017-12-28
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aaronfrancis89 Posted at 2017-12-28 02:42
My issue seems to be exactly the same as your link.. coincidentally, it updated on the 25th of December too. I might give them a call in the morning to provide the link. Thanks for the input

If that's the case then perhaps a firmware refresh and/or factory reset may help.
2017-12-28
Use props
Aaronfrancis89
lvl.1
Australia

Yep. Will try get the drone back and do a factory reset
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thanks for bringing this to our attention, we're sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience.
Would you please PM me the phone number you used to call the support? We'll check it and learn from it as well to improve our service to make your experience with us better.
Based on the comments above, it seems you have the exact same issue showing in another post, in that case, you could leave us your DJI account, we'll check whether we could get it resolved remotely firstly.
Besides, may I know if you can connect the drone to the newly purchased iPad properly?
Thank you very much for your patience!
2017-12-28
Use props
josephayay
Philippines

I also have this problem. I bought my drone Dec. 22 Friday. I tested it last wednesday Dec. 26. It seems to be okay. Today, I was about to fly my drone but I noticed a clicking sound and the gimbal was vibrating also. Hope you can help us.

Here is the video:
https://youtu.be/90qFOnjEz98

https://youtu.be/W6kdWRUTh8M

2017-12-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Aaronfrancis89 Posted at 2017-12-28 00:56
Went into the DJI store in Chadstone (aus), was not given any other option but to leave it there to send in for a "review" so they can confirm it's not because of a crash.

I have never noticed a DJI store in Chadstone, but if you bought it there, then they should have exchanged it.
2017-12-28
Use props
Aaronfrancis89
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2017-12-28 05:09
Hi, thanks for bringing this to our attention, we're sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience.
Would you please PM me the phone number you used to call the support? We'll check it and learn from it as well to improve our service to make your experience with us better.
Based on the comments above, it seems you have the exact same issue showing in another post, in that case, you could leave us your DJI account, we'll check whether we could get it resolved remotely firstly.

Hey mate, thanks for the reply. I’m not sure how to get the account number without the drone but I will be getting the drone from the store today to try and get support to resolve this remotely. When I get the drone I will pm you. Thanks
2017-12-28
Use props
Aaronfrancis89
lvl.1
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-12-28 14:48
I have never noticed a DJI store in Chadstone, but if you bought it there, then they should have exchanged it.

Just opposite jbhifi in case you're wondering
2017-12-28
Use props
fans01dcd1a2
lvl.1
Australia

Aaronfrancis89 Posted at 2017-12-28 00:56

I believe the consumer law gives them a "reasonable time"  to respond to a warranty claim in Australia.  The  supplier can choose to repair or replace it so it needs to be assessed.  It is not the consumers choice unless they have grounds to say it didn't suit their needs.   
Unfortunately, if you imported it yourself ( fairly common practise) you will be on your own.
I have used DJI support a couple of times & found them helpful.  
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Aaronfrancis89 Posted at 2017-12-28 15:27
Hey mate, thanks for the reply. I’m not sure how to get the account number without the drone but I will be getting the drone from the store today to try and get support to resolve this remotely. When I get the drone I will pm you. Thanks

Thank you for your info, Aaron. We had forwarded the support case that you've experienced to the designated team to check more details, we will do the best to improve our service.
For the gimbal noise issue, you are using a Phantom 4 Adv, right? Please let me know if it is not resolved, I will forward you a beta to solve it.
And how about the connecting issue? Is everything working properly now? For the iPad, please kindly update the operating system to the latest version and then check if it can work. Please keep us updated if there are any issues, I would love to help. Thank you.
2017-12-28
Use props
Aaronfrancis89
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-28 19:14
Thank you for your info, Aaron. We had forwarded the support case that you've experienced to the designated team to check more details, we will do the best to improve our service.
For the gimbal noise issue, you are using a Phantom 4 Adv, right? Please let me know if it is not resolved, I will forward you a beta to solve it.
And how about the connecting issue? Is everything working properly now? For the iPad, please kindly update the operating system to the latest version and then check if it can work. Please keep us updated if there are any issues, I would love to help. Thank you.

Hi there. The problem is not yet resolved I have just picked up the drone from dji store.

The iPad works perfectly with the app.

If you could please forward me on to a beta rep that would be great
2017-12-28
Use props
Aaronfrancis89
lvl.1
Australia

Update:
Reset factory settings;
Reflashed the firmware using dji assistant2;
Recalibrated the gimble.

The noise continued once or twice but has now stopped and was only doing it on start up.

If it now does it, it only does it for a very small moment (half a second or less) or doesn't do it at all.

This makes me believe that it is firmware related and not mechanical as it significantly reduced or went away after reflash.

Thoughts?
2017-12-29
Use props
Aaronfrancis89
lvl.1
Australia

YouTube link to noise for reference:

https://youtu.be/2mwtjZRkF_E
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Aaronfrancis89 Posted at 2017-12-29 00:42
Update:
Reset factory settings;
Reflashed the firmware using dji assistant2;

Hi, I have forwarded you the beta, please check and update it. See if it helps you. Thanks.
2017-12-29
Use props
Aaronfrancis89
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-29 04:28
Hi, I have forwarded you the beta, please check and update it. See if it helps you. Thanks.

I'm not sure where/how to retrieve This.
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Aaronfrancis89 Posted at 2017-12-29 05:16
I'm not sure where/how to retrieve This.

You will see the update notice on the DJI GO 4 app and you can also log in your account on DJI Assistant 2, connect the drone and update it on the PC.
2017-12-29
Use props
Aaronfrancis89
lvl.1
Australia

Found it, updating now.

To mention my gimble is able to complete calibration. The problem only happens as I tilt the gimble up or down from the controller when it is about half way
2017-12-29
Use props
Aaronfrancis89
lvl.1
Australia

All done, the issue remains as per the above linked video. It sounds like a mechanical fault inside the gimble.
2017-12-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

Aaronfrancis89 Posted at 2017-12-29 05:38
All done, the issue remains as per the above linked video. It sounds like a mechanical fault inside the gimble.

2017-12-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

ughhh .. very bad sound .....
2017-12-29
Use props
Aaronfrancis89
lvl.1
Australia

Yeh. Quite a different sound to what the others are experiencing.. it aggressively heats up while it's doing it too
2017-12-29
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

That does not sound very good! I hope they fix it for you
2017-12-29
Use props
Aaronfrancis89
lvl.1
Australia

Update:
As the beta update didn't work I thought I would just take it back to the store for it to be sent off.

Well, Chris from the Chadstone knew what he was talking about. And agreed with me on the DOA/7 day policy. Unfortunately there were no P4A left in stock.

The only option was to upgrade to a P4P. Problem solved.

Problem was the gimble was unbalanced, grinding gears, and not even taking clear image. Everything I thought was normal was unfortunately not.

So problem is solved, and a verry happy customer on this end now.

Everyone go buy drones from Chris if you're in Melbourne!
2017-12-30
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Aaronfrancis89 Posted at 2017-12-30 01:02
Update:
As the beta update didn't work I thought I would just take it back to the store for it to be sent off.

Happy flying, I’m glad you got it sorted.
2017-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules