MicroSD card error on Windows PC
2369 13 2017-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lex_Luchor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98179 ft
France

Each time I place my SD Card in an adapter and insert to my computer with Windows 10, it tells me that there is an error on the  card and it needs to scan and repair the card.  
Windows scans the card and tells me it's okay. It does this every time. Photos and videos can be read correctly.
MicroSD was formatted in the Spark.

2017-12-28
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Backup your footage to PC or external disk or wherever and try to format SD card in PC using:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

For me, cards formatted that way outperform cards formatted in Spark in every possible way from reliability to the speed and pretty much everything else.
2017-12-28
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Do not format the SD card on the PC
Format this using through the mobile app
2017-12-28
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Ignore it, it just works, windows is only complaining, b/c it did not format this Sd card ;-)
2017-12-28
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2017-12-28 01:53
Backup your footage to PC or external disk or wherever and try to format SD card in PC using:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

That will let his spark "complain" about the SD card.
I have two Sparks, the SD card from one (only, I think)  NEEDS to be formated in it and triggers always this windows behavior: "error found, need to be scanned, scan, no error found"
you get used to it!
2017-12-28
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

All of my SD cards used in Spark are formatted on PC using Win 7 and SDAs official sd formatter tool. Zero issues so far.
2017-12-28
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2017-12-28 03:01
All of my SD cards used in Spark are formatted on PC using Win 7 and SDAs official sd formatter tool. Zero issues so far.

I mentioned "his Spark" and "I have 2, only one needs....", remember?
And I use for both the same type of SD card.
I just dont bother any longer, the SD card works, windows does not find an error after scanning, so what?
2017-12-28
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Well, health issue related stuff.... constant windows complaints would trigger my OCD rather quickly.
2017-12-28
Use props
Lex_Luchor
lvl.4
France

S.J Posted at 2017-12-28 02:47
Do not format the SD card on the PC
Format this using through the mobile app

I repeat: MicroSD was formatted in the Spark.
2017-12-28
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Lex_Luchor Posted at 2017-12-28 06:44
I repeat: MicroSD was formatted in the Spark.

That was not meant as a "do it from now", but as a "dont change it b/c someone tells you in #2.
If I understood the hint the right way ;-)

I assume that your Spark will not be able to read/write the SD card, if formatted under windows.
Like i have one Spark doing that, too!
2017-12-28
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2017-12-28 03:18
Well, health issue related stuff.... constant windows complaints would trigger my OCD rather quickly.

Of course, if it WOULD BE CONSTANT!
As you reading very selectiv, obviously, here again:
I do have 2 (two) Sparks. One is complaining about Windows formatted SD-Cards, Windows is complaining about that SD card, formated IN THIS one Spark. Without finding errors during scanning!
But windows is neither creating, nor seeing, errors on the SD card for/from the other Spark.

Now your educated guess: What is wrong?
And as long it works with a "ignore" or "scan now", how often are you moving files from ONE of your SD cards to the win10 machine?
Because windows 101 is still, maybe even more since win10: NEVER change a running system. Isn't it?

2017-12-28
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I get that error all the time... doesn't matter if formatted on the PC or the spark... I ignore it.. never seems to cause a problem.  I have not tried different SD cards.. that might make a difference but again.. it has never caused a problem.
2017-12-28
Use props
Lex_Luchor
lvl.4
France

LouisP Posted at 2017-12-28 12:19
I get that error all the time... doesn't matter if formatted on the PC or the spark... I ignore it.. never seems to cause a problem.  I have not tried different SD cards.. that might make a difference but again.. it has never caused a problem.

But it is quite annoying.
2018-8-7
Use props
djiuser_xNzaAd9sVjfo
lvl.2

India

If your digital device displays “memory card is locked” or “card is write protected” then I think you should check if your memory card is in the downward position. If so, then correct its position by sliding up towards the direction of connectors. Even after unlocking you still getting this error then “card needs formatting”. In such cases, formatting the card is the only option to fix this problem.

2020-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules