2149 20 2017-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MacUser UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 294006 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mixed feelings, I guess I am use to looking at an iPad during flight. Returning (flying) the Mavic home I am finding it a little more difficult with the Goggles, on the iPad I just follow the compass however on the Goggles flying towards the H seems not as intuitive.

Only a short video as the snow fall got crazy and I had to pack up

2017-12-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice video. I just got goggles as well and I agree it’s going to take some time to get use too.
2017-12-28
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476119 ft
United States

Congrats on your goggle and your video looks amazing. When wearing the goggle, did you feel disoriented? did it feel heavy during the flight?
2017-12-28
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

That's great video!!

I don't have the goggles but I imagine, like anything new, it'll take a little getting used to. After a few flights it should be second nature.
2017-12-28
Use props
MacUser UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 294006 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jcgoobee Posted at 2017-12-28 06:54
Congrats on your goggle and your video looks amazing. When wearing the goggle, did you feel disoriented? did it feel heavy during the flight?

A little disoriented, I found myself looking up at the sky as if I was actually flying the craft!
2017-12-28
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476119 ft
United States

MacUser UK Posted at 2017-12-28 14:34
A little disoriented, I found myself looking up at the sky as if I was actually flying the craft!

I see, but isn't that the sensation that everyone is after when they use the goggles? This is so cool that I might look into buying one. Sounds like money well spent. I'm happy for you.
2017-12-28
Use props
MavicMan5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398950 ft
United States

Had my goggles about a month now. To put it simple, it’s like the goggles are the main thing and the drone secondary. The two together make for an absolutely incredible experience.

I flew out a little far today to really put my Mavic Pro Platinum to the test and ran the battery down on purpose over a huge field. It perfomed beautifully. The critically low battery alarm started barking which is shown on the heads up display. I’m wearing a Bluetooth headset so I’m hearing the system calling out procedures. I dropped down from 50 meters close about two meters and flew till the system took over and landed.

I then jumped in the car and using my go4 app, drove right to the LZ and presto.

If your skeptal about the goggles, don’t be. No sun glair like on the phone. The goggles place you in the cockpit riding over the trees and watching the cars go by.

Funny note is I just figured out where home was on the goggles LOL. I wondered what that “H” was in the middle of my screen.
2018-1-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I imagine they'll take some getting use to but from what I've been told they are an amazing experience - thinking about getting these myself.
2018-1-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

MavicMan5 Posted at 2018-1-21 12:51
Had my goggles about a month now. To put it simple, it’s like the goggles are the main thing and the drone secondary. The two together make for an absolutely incredible experience.

I flew out a little far today to really put my Mavic Pro Platinum to the test and ran the battery down on purpose over a huge field. It perfomed beautifully. The critically low battery alarm started barking which is shown on the heads up display. I’m wearing a Bluetooth headset so I’m hearing the system calling out procedures. I dropped down from 50 meters close about two meters and flew till the system took over and landed.

I second that. The goggles are amazing.
2018-1-21
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-1-21 13:34
I imagine they'll take some getting use to but from what I've been told they are an amazing experience - thinking about getting these myself.

do it - actually i guess it will depend some on yr flying style - for landscape flying ...definately - for close up photographer or pilots who will only ever fly VLOS - maybe not so much.
2018-1-21
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

nice video - thanks - well done - beautiful setting
2018-1-21
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Woe Posted at 2017-12-28 05:10
Nice video. I just got goggles as well and I agree it’s going to take some time to get use too.

dont worry - it wont take long, just a few flights - then its second nature
2018-1-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-21 13:39
do it - actually i guess it will depend some on yr flying style - for landscape flying ...definately - for close up photographer or pilots who will only ever fly VLOS - maybe not so much.

It is tempting for sure - I do both close quarters and landscape - the latter would be awesome I'm sure - flying 400' up and having that feeling you are physically in the drone. DJI sent me a discount code to get £100 off a pair of goggles as a loyal customer - that is pushing me to get a pair even more!
2018-1-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-21 13:42
dont worry - it wont take long, just a few flights - then its second nature

Oh I know. When I posted that comment I had only two flights. Now I only fly with my goggles.
2018-1-21
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

jcgoobee Posted at 2017-12-28 06:54
Congrats on your goggle and your video looks amazing. When wearing the goggle, did you feel disoriented? did it feel heavy during the flight?

People who never put goggles on before: here at first and for a very short time people feel a bit disorientated - but really not more than a minute till the brain works it out - then the WOW smile comes onto their face -
Making fast turns can make the head spin and feels uncomfortable - smooth turns even at high speed feels fine - looks great in the goggles view.
Does not feel heavy on the head -  the weight of it is never a thought in my mind
2018-1-21
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-1-21 13:43
It is tempting for sure - I do both close quarters and landscape - the latter would be awesome I'm sure - flying 400' up and having that feeling you are physically in the drone. DJI sent me a discount code to get £100 off a pair of goggles as a loyal customer - that is pushing me to get a pair even more!

if you do landscape flying then it is a must. It totally revived my flying enthusiasm. I had been getting a bit bored with just flying around and not always really able to see on my devise screen.  do it.... you can have a go at me on the forum if you are dissapointed.
My goggles also saved me a few times when my phone disconnected but my goggles (and rc) did not
2018-1-21
Use props
Lukas_Scowen
lvl.1
New Zealand

Nice video! I've heard so many good reviews about the goggles I'm tempted to buy some myself, but they cost a decent amount.
2018-1-21
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 579843 ft
  • >>>
United States

the fact that they did not include maps....and you still have to use a mobile device at the same time....makes me regret buying them
2018-3-21
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I was just wondering do you have to have the DJI goggles to fly the MP or can you use a 3rd party goggles?

The reason I ask I have seen 3rd party goggles that allow you to fly and also has a see thru feature where you can see the actual drone. Good for taking off and landing.
2018-3-21
Use props
dwainwayne28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583323 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Great video. nice flying.
2018-3-21
Use props
Leftyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft