which phone?
2018-1-2
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-1 22:56
i suppose, all the problems started with the indroduction of that secneo security thing
Agree, 4.1.15 works fine, and I can say also for Spark.

i've got 4.1.14 and it worked well + offline maps
(seems offline maps are also affected by secneo, so they were removed)
2018-1-2
Use props
Piloton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72743 ft
South Africa

Huawei p8 - app crashes at about 500m out and app crashes at startup.
2018-1-2
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

just revert back to 4.1.15 fcc mod,  I flew 2x times more than 600 mtr and app crashed on samsung A5 (2017) with 4.1.22 , found a FCC 4.1.15 mod version and flew  900 mtr without any issue???
2018-1-5
Use props
ChrisJP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89888 ft
Japan

mavawa Posted at 2017-12-29 12:40
This app version offers the option to use a Beta maps version. This seems to work after a few app restarts. It also seems that the device has to have an Internet connection during app usage...
DJI states that the user can revert back to the original maps via the settings, but how exactly? I can't find the setting for this. Anyone?

Anyone having access to Beta Map in the general menu?  
I'm on 4.1.22  (472-official) and no such option for me...
2018-1-5
Use props
martijn1975
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5112 ft
Netherlands

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-5 04:06
just revert back to 4.1.15 fcc mod,  I flew 2x times more than 600 mtr and app crashed on samsung A5 (2017) with 4.1.22 , found a FCC 4.1.15 mod version and flew  900 mtr without any issue???

I have a Samsung A5 (2017) as well. Yesterday I removed 4.22 and installed 4.1.15(411-gpPhone).
Question: Is that the same version that you installed? (FCC4.1.15 mod)?
I plan to fly a bit tomorrow and I am bit worried I run into problems. (Mavic Pro).
2018-1-5
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

martijn1975 Posted at 2018-1-5 04:50
I have a Samsung A5 (2017) as well. Yesterday I removed 4.22 and installed 4.1.15(411-gpPhone).
Question: Is that the same version that you installed? (FCC4.1.15 mod)?
I plan to fly a bit tomorrow and I am bit worried I run into problems. (Mavic Pro).

nee martijn deze geeft je mavic meer vermogen
2018-1-5
Use props
martijn1975
lvl.1
Netherlands

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-5 05:01

Maar de versie die ik nu heb draaien werkt ook goed? Of adviseer je me de mod versie te installeren?
2018-1-5
Use props
martijn1975
lvl.1
Netherlands

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-5 05:01

Bedankt voor de PM Jos. Ga ik installeren!!
2018-1-5
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

So I'm beginning to wonder if all the issues DJI is having with the Go4 app is because they're trying to cram a lot of features in to support a lot of different aircraft.

I'm sure there's a lot of base functionality across all the aircraft. But there's probably enough differences between the different aircraft that there's a lot of one-off coding for each. Trying to plug all this into one app, that has to run on several platforms (iOS and all the Android variants) might be a bit much.

I wonder if they had an app for each aircraft if things would be better...
2018-1-5
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

CycleParadise Posted at 2018-1-5 06:15
So I'm beginning to wonder if all the issues DJI is having with the Go4 app is because they're trying to cram a lot of features in to support a lot of different aircraft.

I'm sure there's a lot of base functionality across all the aircraft. But there's probably enough differences between the different aircraft that there's a lot of one-off coding for each. Trying to plug all this into one app, that has to run on several platforms (iOS and all the Android variants) might be a bit much.

On android, things went more or less well until version 4.1.14 or .15
Then suddenly - all these lags and crashes
I think dji struggles to obfuscate its app to fight fcc and other hacks.
Obfuscation does not play well - app crashes and offline maps cannot work etc. etc.
2018-1-5
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Not sure why people are jumping always so quick about a new version being out. If you have a good working version and doesn't add any new features that you need. Then don't update.

Ive been on a old version for long time, no problems. Now i'm on .14 don't feel like updating.
2018-1-5
Use props
fans9553217f
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Spain

Have you users ever considered that it is not the app or the device or the drone at fault? All the apps, devices and drones are the same as everyone elses. The fault is more likely what you have on your device. Android is plagued by the trivial and rubbish apps that users load on to their devices. Always remove unnessary apps from the device you use to control the drone. Also, kill all running apps and systems before running the go4 app. This will ensure maximum memory is available for the drone app to run with. Apple devices have an advantage here because crap apps are largely prevented from being used. You can free more memory by switching storage to an sd card on the device. Not all apps let you do this but it is still worth doing for those that can be moved. When you record your drone video and snaps, a low res version is stored on the device. This uses vital memory and can cause flight issues.
2018-1-5
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Well pano mode is a nice feature for having it.
2018-1-5
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

fans9553217f Posted at 2018-1-5 09:59
Have you users ever considered that it is not the app or the device or the drone at fault? All the apps, devices and drones are the same as everyone elses. The fault is more likely what you have on your device. Android is plagued by the trivial and rubbish apps that users load on to their devices. Always remove unnessary apps from the device you use to control the drone. Also, kill all running apps and systems before running the go4 app. This will ensure maximum memory is available for the drone app to run with. Apple devices have an advantage here because crap apps are largely prevented from being used. You can free more memory by switching storage to an sd card on the device. Not all apps let you do this but it is still worth doing for those that can be moved. When you record your drone video and snaps, a low res version is stored on the device. This uses vital memory and can cause flight issues.

Exactly!!

I think that's why DJI only lists a handful of supported devices. Even the listed devices have issues. And there are plenty of unsupported devices that have no issues.

As you mention, I think a lot of it comes down to what's been loaded onto the device. And not just by the end user but by the manufacturer and possibly phone carrier.
2018-1-5
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

excessive4ce Posted at 2017-12-29 09:15
I have updated one phone only. Do you sujjest to kkep the older version on the pther phone?

Older versions may  not work with updated firmware.
2018-1-5
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Griffith Posted at 2018-1-5 11:59
Older versions may  not work with updated firmware.

Older versions work perfectly! .14 works with 1.4.000 FW...
And if the app is missing a feature, it will still fly fine, just an option that is missing in the app.
2018-1-6
Use props
Gerd_S.gmx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4303379 ft
Germany

There is still a Fly Safe Database Update bug as was in 4.1.18.
If I have set my mobile device to Airplane Mode when starting GO4 I will get one of these two screens.
If I connect my mobile to the internet while screen 1 is shown and then click on Update, it will freeze at 0%.
If I will start GO4 while connected to the internet the update request will never show up.
This happens both on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and My Samsung GalaxyTab S2 (SM-T810).

2018-1-6
Use props
Mechcondrid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35869 ft
United States

Keule Posted at 2017-12-29 10:26
They are trying to protect their whole GO4 app infrastructure. Secneo is put 'around' the encrypted GO4 and decrypts at runtime the core program, puts the required modules afterwards into memory ready for execution. After the successful decoding GO4 is doing it's primary task and the user can interact with GO4.

well more trying to keep people from using the app on the device they own how they would like
there isnt anything in the app that is any kind of paid content that can be stolen so their "app infrastructure" is just they dont want people to have to much control of the app like back on the app before secneo
such and not having to login to djis server to use your drone properly (especially detrimental to those that go to and fly in areas with spotty or no cell network coverage)
2018-1-6
Use props
Mechcondrid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35869 ft
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2017-12-30 10:56
lol ya and i have a full beard right now so lots of snotcicles all over my face yum

gotta admit though working in the shop (mancave/armory/whateveryouwanttocallyourspace) for a few hours and going outside and then getting insta frost beard looks kinda badass! lol
2018-1-6
Use props
fans66542d31
New

United States

Mavic firmware: 01.04.0100

Dji go app version: 4.1.22

The only function of the app that does not turn into a solid white screen, then crash is the flight. Why?
2018-1-6
Use props
fans66542d31
New

United States

fans66542d31 Posted at 2018-1-6 18:11
Mavic firmware: 01.04.0100

Dji go app version: 4.1.22

Samsung s8+
2018-1-6
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

fans9553217f Posted at 2018-1-5 09:59
Have you users ever considered that it is not the app or the device or the drone at fault? All the apps, devices and drones are the same as everyone elses. The fault is more likely what you have on your device. Android is plagued by the trivial and rubbish apps that users load on to their devices. Always remove unnessary apps from the device you use to control the drone. Also, kill all running apps and systems before running the go4 app. This will ensure maximum memory is available for the drone app to run with. Apple devices have an advantage here because crap apps are largely prevented from being used. You can free more memory by switching storage to an sd card on the device. Not all apps let you do this but it is still worth doing for those that can be moved. When you record your drone video and snaps, a low res version is stored on the device. This uses vital memory and can cause flight issues.

Normally when you go to a forum people will say factory reset your phone and try. Not so much anymore but i think it needs to be said here and more often. You left out jailbroke iPhones and rooted Androids have apps that non rooted phones do so maybe that too? yes i have rooted my phones before. All i use are Google phones with a Samsung here and there. Wife likes her iPhones
2018-1-7
Use props
ianza
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200374 ft
United Arab Emirates

In-between the flight, My android phone app crashed few times and restarted. RC connection shows fine, I had to call it back home few times with RC.
Any reason why this happening?
Phone is oneplus3 running latest update 4.1.22 and latest firmware on mavic. I tried clearing the app cache and everything.  Also tried putting the phone in flight mode, same happened again. I have managed to restart the app soon most of the times to continue flying, But its scary to lose visual like that. and btw, I am loving the pano mode, here are my first two 360 panos.

https://www.skypixel.com/photos/29c43f16-906c-4762-9ea1-843290ca28b4?utm_source=url&utm_medium=copied&utm_campaign=share

https://www.skypixel.com/photos/ccb90cb8-448e-4bb2-8ccf-e5eceae4c155?utm_source=url&utm_medium=copied&utm_campaign=share
2018-1-7
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

your link doesn't come up with your pano's
2018-1-8
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Nees Posted at 2018-1-6 03:33
Older versions work perfectly! .14 works with 1.4.000 FW...
And if the app is missing a feature, it will still fly fine, just an option that is missing in the app.

Good to know.
2018-1-8
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

ChrisJP Posted at 2018-1-5 04:22
Anyone having access to Beta Map in the general menu?  
I'm on 4.1.22  (472-official) and no such option for me...
[view_image]

yep I have access and testing it.... you need connection to use itkepp that in mind and retry
2018-1-8
Use props
ianza
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200374 ft
United Arab Emirates

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-8 00:41
your link doesn't come up with your pano's

https://www.skypixel.com/photos/ ... ;utm_campaign=share
2018-1-8
Use props
dbhender
lvl.1
Canada

Got me the coveted Samsung Tab S2 8 710  still on Marsh Mellow 6.0.1 and found a program called Package Disabler Pro  (awesome program) which allows you to disable any program and to automatically disable all useless software and  bloat and prevent update to Nougat. So far so good. Latest firmware and software.
2018-1-9
Use props
ChrisJP
lvl.2
Japan

4.1.22  (472-official)
Several setting in the camera mode can't be toggled on/off even if the switch is turning green/clear on the screen
- Histogram is off and can't be turned on.
- AFC is on and can't be turned off
- Overexposure is off and can't be turned on
- Focus peaking is close and can't be turned on (high/standard or low)
When I exit the camera menu, all above features are back to their default value....Didn't think about checking other feature behavior.
I've try to reinstalled the app, tried on another phone (Wunderphone & Samsung S6 edge)...still same pattern

Downgraded to 4.1.15, no problem to turn on/off those settings...
EDIT: I solved the reported issue after upgrading to V4.1.22 from the V4.1.15 version
2018-1-12
Use props
andy heath
lvl.1
Flight distance : 730144 ft
United Kingdom

since app update, (android) app crashes less...but...big but...only video is stored on the phone, photos are not stored on my phone, they are only on the sd card in the drone itself..so now if i want to get my stills onto pc i have to open the plastic flap and remove the sd card etc etc etc...so i am adding to premature wear of the contacts on the card and reader and also the plastic flap is liable to break. with the old app stills were also stored to the phone..now they are not. only little cache images are on phone. comon dji sort your stuff out
2018-1-14
Use props
fansab862d87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1641841 ft
Hong Kong

ChrisJP Posted at 2018-1-12 06:10
4.1.22  (472-official)
Several setting in the camera mode can't be toggled on/off even if the switch is turning green/clear on the screen
- Histogram is off and can't be turned on.

I've the same problem too using an Android LG v20 mobile running Android version 7.  I've found that the Histogram in the Go4 App didn't show up even if I clicked to enable it.

Good thing I've an Epson Moverio AR Glasses and this controller runs on Android.  In this environment I can switch the Histogram On/Off without any issue.  It can display the Histogram.

I believe the version of the Android OS is causing the problem with getting the Histogram to display
2018-1-16
Use props
ChrisJP
lvl.2
Japan

fansab862d87 Posted at 2018-1-16 07:14
I've the same problem too using an Android LG v20 mobile running Android version 7.  I've found that the Histogram in the Go4 App didn't show up even if I clicked to enable it.

Good thing I've an Epson Moverio AR Glasses and this controller runs on Android.  In this environment I can switch the Histogram On/Off without any issue.  It can display the Histogram.

I was able to overcome the issue by  removing the .22 and install .15
Once confirmed that I had indeed the full control over all the camera setting, I upgraded to .22 again.
And this time, it worked.

I'm now on .22 with full camera control (Ascent XT2 - Android 7.0)

2018-1-17
Use props
ChrisJP
lvl.2
Japan

J.T. Posted at 2018-1-8 07:21
yep I have access and testing it.... you need connection to use itkepp that in mind and retry

Tried again but still not Beta map option for me....
As far as connection are concerned, I have Wifi access, and AC & RC are well connected.

2018-1-17
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

ChrisJP Posted at 2018-1-17 03:19
Tried again but still not Beta map option for me....
As far as connection are concerned, I have Wifi access, and AC & RC are well connected.

very strange have you try to uninstall and reinstall the app? Remember you have to activate the option in the app for aving the beta map aviable and then restart the app
2018-1-25
Use props
ChrisJP
lvl.2
Japan

J.T. Posted at 2018-1-25 02:45
very strange have you try to uninstall and reinstall the app? Remember you have to activate the option in the app for aving the beta map aviable and then restart the app

Yes, I dd try several time.
On the latest version (4.2.6), still no Beta button but I have now "MapBox" which is very close to Google Map.
Maybe something specific for Japan?
2018-2-13
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

bad video feed - choppy - pixilated - wavy images - screen wash out - disconnects that should not happen
some recent examples

2018-2-13
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

fansfb1bf277 Posted at 2018-1-1 01:57
looks like DJI has messed up things again in .22 - just before the new year.
now as the engineers are celebrating, there is nobody to fix the broken app.

if you can go back to previous version - i am pretty certain i saw a notice with the latest update that once updated it cannot be scrolled back - good luck though
2018-2-13
Use props
Desmond Phee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1922316 ft
Malaysia

Currently, I using 4.1.22. I tested working fine. I think it is the most stable version of DJI Go 4.1.x. Maybe your phone problem or setting problem.
2018-2-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules