Using one Cell Phone for 2 Drones?
1785 12 2017-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneman12
lvl.1
United States

I just got our kids 2 Standard 3s and we only have one cell phone to use (of course not at the same time). It worked fine for the first one but when I tried to use it on the  second one  I could not get past the register page on the app. It said it registered it OK but no camera button. We were able to fly it without using the app.

Any idea on how to use one phone for 2 drones?

I tried installing the go app on a Samsung tablet but it won't run, it just gets a blank screen for a bit and then back to the home screen.  I have an older phone and it does not show up on the play store so I guess it's too old.

Thanks

2017-12-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You should be able to use same phone for both.  Just choose which phantom wifi to use.  
2017-12-28
Use props
droneman12
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-12-28 07:21
You should be able to use same phone for both.  Just choose which phantom wifi to use.

OK, I'll give it a try again later today. I did choose the new wifi connection for the second one, the first drone and controller was off.

Thanks!
2017-12-28
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea ive used the same phone between 6 drones and no issues. P3S, P3 4K, P3P, Mavic, Inspire 1, and Inspire 1
2017-12-28
Use props
droneman12
lvl.1
United States

I was able to link up to the second drone OK. I'm not sure why I was not able to get by the registration page before.

At the top of the app it says the battery is damaged in red. And I clicked on that icon and it said bad cell....Also wants updates but I was reading here on the forum that an update causes it to not go more than 100 meters so I'm reluctant to update it.
2017-12-28
Use props
droneman12
lvl.1
United States

I put the battery from the other standard and did not give me a warning. So there must be something wrong with the battery. We only used it once!
2017-12-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Send it back to DJI for a replacement.
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

droneman12 Posted at 2017-12-28 16:24
I put the battery from the other standard and did not give me a warning. So there must be something wrong with the battery. We only used it once!

Hi, please do not use that battery to fly the drone if there is a bad cell error, I would recommend you manage to discharge that battery to less than 5%, then fully charge it. If it persists, please send it back to DJI for diagnosis, here is a link for you to contact the DJI Support. https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2017-12-29
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

You can use the same phone for 2 or more drones but do not us 1 battery in 2 drones in sequence if the battery not charged fully after the use in the first drone.
2017-12-31
Use props
droneman12
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the help.
I contacted support and they gave me instructions to take a video of the error and they wanted some other info. So, I put it back in expecting to take video of the error and no error, all normal. We flew it 3 times without any problems. Maybe the voltage was low on one cell or a bug in the app?  We have been charging the batteries after each use.

The cellphone links up to the 2 drones without too much trouble.  The app  did crash a couple of times but it still flys ok. It lost live video once.  We landed it, restarted everything and it was OK.
2017-12-31
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

What app version is on your phone present,3.1.23 ?
2018-1-1
Use props
droneman12
lvl.1
United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-1-1 02:49
What app version is on your phone present,3.1.23 ?

Yes 3.1.23.
2018-1-1
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

If the 1st drone landed then force stop the Go app and restart the app if the 2nd drone is on so the app does not crash at start up. Disable the video cache on the phone first so the app does not allocate too much RAM and SSD of the phone.
2018-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules