Inspire 2 Won’t Switch to Video Recording
4083 11 2017-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kestrel Image
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1455997 ft
United States

I was out flying the other day with no indication that anything was different with the drone. I put my Inspire in the air and took a couple stills, then I tried to switch to video. When I tried to switch, there was a slight change in color from the camera on my display and all of my camera setting went to N/A for a few seconds then came back. I never got it to switch over to video.
I have tried with both my iPad and my phone. I have also tried refreshing the firmware and downgrading the firmware. Nothing has changed. Does anyone have a solution or a recommendation?

Noah
2017-12-28
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Was your phone also an iOS device?  If so, you are not alone.  I've had several disconnects between GO 4 (newest) and iOS 11.2.1 for some reason.  Inspire 2 is current too.  Same going on with another bird (P4) and its own iPad too.

Worse one on the I2 was where the green LED on the RC goes dark and the others are all white.  Have to restart the RC.  Something isn't right with the RC firmware and maybe iOS as well in the USB data feed.  Have to wait for DJI to fix their firmware/software and maybe iOS 11.2.5 which may be soon too.
2017-12-28
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Try taking out and replacing the SD card, failing that, try formatting the card.

Mark G.
2017-12-28
Use props
Kestrel Image
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1455997 ft
United States

Thanks for the help.
The drone duplicated some of the files for some reason. I cleared those off and then I reset all my camera settings.
I tried switching over to video and it worked. Not sure what fixed it but I’m glad it works again.
2017-12-28
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Kestrel Image Posted at 2017-12-28 11:11
Thanks for the help.
The drone duplicated some of the files for some reason. I cleared those off and then I reset all my camera settings.
I tried switching over to video and it worked. Not sure what fixed it but I’m glad it works again.

I've had it a few times on different AC's, usually SD card related.

Glad you got it sorted.

Mark G.
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the help.

Hi Kestrel, sorry for the late response and glad to know you figured out the issue.
It usually relates to the SD card, the APP and so on.
Please let us know if there is any further problem.
2017-12-28
Use props
Steve5d4
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-28 20:05
Hi Kestrel, sorry for the late response and glad to know you figured out the issue.
It usually relates to the SD card, the APP and so on.
Please let us know if there is any further problem.

I had the same problem. I updated all the firmware. Restarted all the devices multiple times. Finally, I switched from NTSC to PAL and it gave a notice that the camera was restarting. Once the camera restarted, all seemed to be working in PAL. So, I switched back to NTSC and everything seems to be working fine now.
2018-5-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Steve5d4 Posted at 2018-5-12 13:00
I had the same problem. I updated all the firmware. Restarted all the devices multiple times. Finally, I switched from NTSC to PAL and it gave a notice that the camera was restarting. Once the camera restarted, all seemed to be working in PAL. So, I switched back to NTSC and everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for your input Steve, please keep us updated if the issue happens again. Enjoy flying.
2018-5-15
Use props
fansc8452019
lvl.1

United States

I know this is an older thread, but I recently had the same problem (I2 x7) and was able to get the drone working again with 'reset camera' (near 'calibrate lens' in menu) feature. I had literally tried everything (and wasted many hours) and this was the only thing that worked for me. It seemed to only work by completing these actions in different orders .. //format SSD and SD   //'reset camera'  //open the video/stills menu for the SSD (not the button on the screen) and select video. Try again and again.  
2019-4-23
Use props
Angeles Photos
lvl.1
United States

I had the same problem.   I hit the video mode and the screen would blink and it would revert back to camera mode.  I do not really know what I did to make it work.  I replaced the SD card.  I could not even get into the video menu to switch from NTSC to Pal and back.  I reinstalled the latest software.  Still the screen would just dim when I tried to switch to video.  I tried reseting the camera settings.  I replaced with a different lens.  Then boom it started working.  I have no clue what I did to make it work. All of a sudden, I could enter video mode.
2020-7-25
Use props
Angeles Photos
lvl.1
United States

Angeles Photos Posted at 7-25 22:23
I had the same problem.   I hit the video mode and the screen would blink and it would revert back to camera mode.  I do not really know what I did to make it work.  I replaced the SD card.  I could not even get into the video menu to switch from NTSC to Pal and back.  I reinstalled the latest software.  Still the screen would just dim when I tried to switch to video.  I tried reseting the camera settings.  I replaced with a different lens.  Then boom it started working.  I have no clue what I did to make it work. All of a sudden, I could enter video mode.

I have the inspire 2 with Apple Pro Res with the x7 and the four lenses.  
2020-7-25
Use props
Byte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4654491 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the help.

Hey, when you say the drone duplicated some of the files, do you just mean on the SD card or do you mean internally?

I've got a written off I2 that I'm trying to bring back to life and build into a naked Inspire2 for FPV.

I've got it working fine to the point it:
- Powers on
- Gets a perfect live video feed (though I feel it takes longer than it should for this to initialize after powering up)
- And I have full control of the gimbal.
The Issue(s)
You can see a video of it's current state here:
https://twitter.com/joshforwood/status/1662874136635658240

In fact, it seems to be working fine except for the following.

It always boots in photo mode and if I...
- ...try to take a photo
  The live video feed freezes and the loading ring revolves around the on-screen record button, for 15-20 seconds. When it reconnects again, it has not taken any photos

- ...try to switch to video mode
  The live video freezes and goes grey and it seems to re-boot it's connection with the system. When it re-boots, it's still in photo mode.

What I've tried
- This is using a brand new X5s (which works fine on a new I2 so it's not the gimbal)
- To get it to work, I'd replaced the gimbal module and connector cable, so that's also new
- I've tried it with different controllers too

Things I've noticed
- The MicroSD card reader is definitely working as the 'shots remaining' figure changes accurately depending on the size of the card inserted, and if I insert a card with footage filmed on another device it recognizes the photos are there.
- If I boot it up with an SSD fitted, once it's connected it shows the SSD capacity up in the top next to the MicroSD for a split second then it disappears. If I go into the capture settings it's loaded in the photos mode, and if I switch to 'video' it says "switching SSD mode" and shows the loading ring, but you can then see in the background the video has frozen and greyed out again, and when it re-connects it's back in photo mode

It sounds like yours may have had a similar thing, if there's any tips you could give me on what fixed yours it'd be really appreciated!
2023-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules