Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Which is the safest firmware version on P3 Prof AC / RC / APP?
2278 54 2017-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6f4aa0f5
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-8 14:55
OK, the display is the device you use, whether it's a tablet or a phone etc to run the DJI Go Application on. Now the display device is not needed to fly the drone (sounds a bit odd), but it is obviously highly desirable to have all the functionality it can provide when running the DJI Go App'.
The basic functional control and flying of the drone can be done using just the RC without any display device connected to control. So the first thing is to establish that the RC is talking to the drone. With just the RC and drone powered up, if the RC is talking to the aircraft then its first LED would be green, and the LED on aircraft beside link button would be green.
As they are not the problem will either be they are not 'paired' (similar to Bluetooth devices needing pairing). Or RC firmware needs refreshing or updated, and the same applies to the aircraft. At this moment the focus has been on the RC, at present it is not responding to the manual linking, so looks as if it needs updating. To update the RC you need to connect it to a display device running DJI Go (which is for all drones before Phantom 4 series (Phantom 4 series needs DJI Go 4)). So on your display device you need to install DJI Go using either Google play-store for Android devices, or App-Store for Apple iOS devices. Once installed connect display device to RC, power both up, run DJI Go and follow the instructions in post number 33 above. If no RC update is shown in the 'Aircraft Status menu, check 'About' in the 'general settings' menu and see what build it gives for the RC. If it says V1.9.3 then it is up to date already. if an older version is shown then try the update process again as described. It is important to ensure the display device whether it be a tablet or phone has a good internet connection.

I am very grateful you guys are hanging in there with me in trying to reslove my issue.  I am sure it is as frustrating for you as it is for me.  That being said I just continue to not be able to get into the GO app.

I have deleted (removed internet cahce) and reinstalled the latest version DJI Go to my Iphone 6.  When trying to connect to the RC I can select my device (P3P) and be on the "how to connect" screen, but the equipment icon remains inactive so the app doesn't launch.  I can not get to the Aircraft status menu to check the "about" in the general settings to see what version my RC is using.  
As stated before I know this sounds odd but I can not tell if the LED onthe RC is blue or green.  When viewing from different angles it sometimes looks green and it might look blue.  I definitely can say that the LED light next to the AC reset is solid red and the LED on the gimbal is flashing red.  
I've asked this before, but is there some to reformat the RC to be to start from stracth?  I feel as though it might be corrupted from the intitial update I tried to preform from the end of November.
Still frustrated but willing to keep trying.
2018-1-9
Use props
fans6f4aa0f5
lvl.2
United States

OK, the display is the device you use, whether it's a tablet or a phone etc to run the DJI Go Application on. Now the display device is not needed to fly the drone (sounds a bit odd), but it is obviously highly desirable to have all the functionality it can provide when running the DJI Go App'.
The basic functional control and flying of the drone can be done using just the RC without any display device connected to control. So the first thing is to establish that the RC is talking to the drone. With just the RC and drone powered up, if the RC is talking to the aircraft then its first LED would be green, and the LED on aircraft beside link button would be green.
As they are not the problem will either be they are not 'paired' (similar to Bluetooth devices needing pairing). Or RC firmware needs refreshing or updated, and the same applies to the aircraft. At this moment the focus has been on the RC, at present it is not responding to the manual linking, so looks as if it needs updating. To update the RC you need to connect it to a display device running DJI Go (which is for all drones before Phantom 4 series (Phantom 4 series needs DJI Go 4)). So on your display device you need to install DJI Go using either Google play-store for Android devices, or App-Store for Apple iOS devices. Once installed connect display device to RC, power both up, run DJI Go and follow the instructions in post number 33 above. If no RC update is shown in the 'Aircraft Status menu, check 'About' in the 'general settings' menu and see what build it gives for the RC. If it says V1.9.3 then it is up to date already. if an older version is shown then try the update process again as described. It is important to ensure the display device whether it be a tablet or phone has a good internet connection.

I don't know what happened to the response I  sent out eariler, but I have tried linking the AC without the app with no success. I still get no beeps from the RC and can not start the motors.  The LED on the RC still appears blue/green and the LED on the gimbal flashes red while the LED next to the reset button is a solid red.
And since I can not get past the "how to connect" screen in the app I can not access the Aircraft Status menu to check for the current RC firmware version.
I have asked before about the possiblity of reformating the RC to start from scratch in a new update?  
2018-1-9
Use props
fans6f4aa0f5
lvl.2
United States

What happened to you?  I was hoping for a response to my last post.  Please don't let me hang out there in the wind with no way to fly.
2018-1-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans6f4aa0f5 Posted at 2018-1-12 04:35
What happened to you?  I was hoping for a response to my last post.  Please don't let me hang out there in the wind with no way to fly.

What happens if you eject the sd card from aircraft and then power up, what colour is the small LED on the gimbal. Unfortunately I have no P3 myself now, but as far as I remember it should be green, and only flashed red when update was in progress ?

There is an RC 'reset' recommended by one of the DJI Mods in link below, but I cannot confirm whether it works or not, perhaps some of the others may be able to confirm.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=154551

If aircraft is up to date, and RC functioning, then the linking should work.
2018-1-12
Use props
fans6f4aa0f5
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-12 05:25
What happens if you eject the sd card from aircraft and then power up, what colour is the small LED on the gimbal. Unfortunately I have no P3 myself now, but as far as I remember it should be green, and only flashed red when update was in progress ?

There is an RC 'reset' recommended by one of the DJI Mods in link below, but I cannot confirm whether it works or not, perhaps some of the others may be able to confirm.

When powering up the AC with the sim card in after initialization the gimbal led goes steady green.  Took the sim card out and restarted and the gimbal light flashes red. Went to the link you offered and tried the manuel link for the RC  with no luck. Each time I try to link or restart I can not get any beeps from the RC and it appears the led is a steady blue.
I can not launch the app past the how to connect screen as the equipment icon remains inactive.  
2018-1-14
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans6f4aa0f5 Posted at 2018-1-14 11:34
When powering up the AC with the sim card in after initialization the gimbal led goes steady green.  Took the sim card out and restarted and the gimbal light flashes red. Went to the link you offered and tried the manuel link for the RC  with no luck. Each time I try to link or restart I can not get any beeps from the RC and it appears the led is a steady blue.
I can not launch the app past the how to connect screen as the equipment icon remains inactive.

"Took the sim card out and restarted and the gimbal light flashes red. "

I've remembered this one now, the flashing red indicates no SD card to record photos/video. So that's as normal. Usually once updated the SD card can be formatted (in aircraft) ready to record images.

As you say a hard reset of RC would be nice, if the suggestion in that link has not worked then I can't think of much else. I did see a post recently where the RC battery was discharged, and when charged and powered up all appeared 'normal'. There was one other method in the distant past of powering up RC with a USB 'pen drive' with earlier RC firmware, which would then install. And that would then trigger prompts via DGI Go to update firmware to latest.

The aircraft, at least seems to be doing what it should on initialisation. If you knew somebody else with a GL300C RC you could link with aircraft to prove that was OK.

If the RC can't be brought back to life then the simplest solution might be to get a DJI repair, or perhaps a cheap spare off of ebay or similar.
2018-1-14
Use props
fans6f4aa0f5
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-14 14:15

I've remembered this one now, the flashing red indicates no SD card to record photos/video. So that's as normal. Usually once updated the SD card can be formatted (in aircraft) ready to record images.

I do appreciate your help and suggestions and I have been trying all the recommendations and procedures from several of the techs on line all with no success.  I have tried to downgrade the FW on the RC using a flash drive, since I have pevious versions saved on my computer,but was not able to make that happen.  
I like your suggestion of trying another GL300C or perhaps finding one on e-bay.  In the end though I feel like I might have to send it in for repairs.  Something I'm really trying to avoid.  If I do, is it helpful for the tech there to view some of the threads I've been on to see what's been going on with this problem?
2018-1-15
Use props
wntmldrs_belgiu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

To continue on Nigels writing.
My tablet of choice is also the Nexus 2, because of the bright screen and light weight.
After many trials and errors and false suppositions my startup sequence is as follows.
I never, ever take out the usb-cable from the tablet because the usb-port is very fragile and wears out, and it is not needed.
I start the AC. When I start the remote, the tablet awakes and shows the usb candidates ( Go, Litchie, Drone pan)
I pick the one I need and click "only once". The chosen app starts.
As soon as the led on the remote turns from red to green, the remote and plane are connected and the  app starts to receive data. I fly.
If I want to use another app, I close the present, then from the status bar I activate the USB data transfer again  and make a new choice from the usb connections candidates.
After my flight I always leave the tablet on the remote and put the remote end of the usb-cable in a charger.
I activate the wifi, synchronise the flights in go and synchronise the flight is Airdata.
I fly the latest Go, but not the latest FW in the AC.
2018-1-15
Use props
Joe Gonzalez
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-1 01:50
Generally, the firmware update will not cause any hardware damage, but the hardware glitches can be detected during the update. I'm afraid that the update will not success if the drone has been damaged before. Also, it is not mandatory update, as long as the aircraft and controller firmware matched, you can fly. No worries.

where can i find the latest firmware file to update? I updated my remote and it has interference now with monitoring footage from the drone.
2018-1-15
Use props
fans27a69e45
New
Flight distance : 766306 ft
United States

Nothing to explain bult DJI dropped the ball on this one. I am having the same issues you did. Good luck.
2018-1-15
Use props
fans6f4aa0f5
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-14 14:15

I've remembered this one now, the flashing red indicates no SD card to record photos/video. So that's as normal. Usually once updated the SD card can be formatted (in aircraft) ready to record images.

I like your idea of trying another RC to connect with the AC, so to that end I have set up a meeting with another P3P pilot to try his RC to hopefully narrow down where my problem exist.  I will be able to see if the app on my device will link up with the AC and/or the borrowed RC.  If it does, then I will know the problem is in the RC and not the App or AC.  Will be in touch after that attempt
2018-1-17
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans6f4aa0f5 Posted at 2018-1-17 06:25
I like your idea of trying another RC to connect with the AC, so to that end I have set up a meeting with another P3P pilot to try his RC to hopefully narrow down where my problem exist.  I will be able to see if the app on my device will link up with the AC and/or the borrowed RC.  If it does, then I will know the problem is in the RC and not the App or AC.  Will be in touch after that attempt

Even without a display device connected you should see green LEDs on RC and Aircraft when linked. You should also be able to start/stop motors, and even fly just using RC. That at least would prove aircraft is good.

As you've already said it looks like RC is locked up some how. Other than the 'reset' procedures mentioned above, or at a push disconnecting battery (would invalidate warranty ?) I can' think of much else. If the RC were under warranty repair then best maybe just send it in, I believe the USA turn around would be reasonable, with one person recently posting eight days in total.

I got my Mavic RC replaced at EU depot in Netherlands last October, ten days in total for new unit to appear, and it was travelling for eight of those.
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Joe Gonzalez Posted at 2018-1-15 18:50
where can i find the latest firmware file to update? I updated my remote and it has interference now with monitoring footage from the drone.

We will release in our website if there is new update: https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pr ... te_search#downloads There will be reminder if there is newer firmware.
Regarding the interference, it is closely related with the flight environment, please change to another open location without interference to check.
2018-1-18
Use props
fans6f4aa0f5
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-17 06:44
Even without a display device connected you should see green LEDs on RC and Aircraft when linked. You should also be able to start/stop motors, and even fly just using RC. That at least would prove aircraft is good.

As you've already said it looks like RC is locked up some how. Other than the 'reset' procedures mentioned above, or at a push disconnecting battery (would invalidate warranty ?) I can' think of much else. If the RC were under warranty repair then best maybe just send it in, I believe the USA turn around would be reasonable, with one person recently posting eight days in total.

Again I say thanks for your help and suggestions.  I was able to hook up with another P3 pilot and used his RC to connect with my AC.  The connection was weak as perhaps his RC was not all the way charged, but we were able to open the app, start the motors, and saw the camera view for a few seconds.  I also used my Iphone app to connect with the AC with the same results.
We even opened up the RC  and disconnected the battery and still was not able to get any beeps or get the led to go green.
I have to conclude the my RC is corrupted and will probably have to send it out for DJI to work on it.  Do you have any words of advice when sending it in?
2018-1-19
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans6f4aa0f5 Posted at 2018-1-19 04:00
Again I say thanks for your help and suggestions.  I was able to hook up with another P3 pilot and used his RC to connect with my AC.  The connection was weak as perhaps his RC was not all the way charged, but we were able to open the app, start the motors, and saw the camera view for a few seconds.  I also used my Iphone app to connect with the AC with the same results.
We even opened up the RC  and disconnected the battery and still was not able to get any beeps or get the led to go green.
I have to conclude the my RC is corrupted and will probably have to send it out for DJI to work on it.  Do you have any words of advice when sending it in?

There's nothing more I can add I would say. Call DJI support and get a case number, they should give you a quote before doing any work (after they've examined the RC). Perhaps it might be cheaper buying a used RC (where aircraft has gone AWoL). Or if you want go through the repair process, if there were any major problems or delays then one of the Mods here might even assist if needed, to chase up relevant case number.
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules