Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
exposure blips with x5r
843 5 2017-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mancuso_inc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39708 ft
United States

Hello, been flying the x5r for first time and noticing these periodic exposure blips, (1920x1080 24fps). See video:

It happens around 9sec and a few others moments.

I'm wondering if perhaps I should be using a manual setting rather than an automatic setting? I'm going out again this evening and hoping to have a few solutions at the ready before I get her up in the air and start randomly trying different settings, so any advice welcome!

2017-12-28
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

What are your (other than automatic) camera settings and do you have an ND filter fitted?

Mark G.
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mancuso, sorry for the problem you are having with X5R.
Have you checked the footage in SSD card? Does it have the same issue?
Could you please try to reset Camera Settings and try to lock AE during shooting.
If the problem persists, we will need the firmware info of the aircraft and RC and APP version, and original footage as well for analysis. Please upload it to the Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link here, thanks for your cooperation.
2017-12-28
Use props
mancuso_inc
lvl.2
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-12-28 14:40
What are your (other than automatic) camera settings and do you have an ND filter fitted?

Mark G.

Mark: No ND filter, left that at home unfortunately. I did notice that although I had set the shutter, the f-stop was auto (I wasn't full-manual settings I guess).
Mindy: I may have had AE unlocked, didn't notice if it was but will try again tomorrow and hopefully will have some results, thanks for the replies!
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mancuso_inc Posted at 2017-12-28 23:21
Mark: No ND filter, left that at home unfortunately. I did notice that although I had set the shutter, the f-stop was auto (I wasn't full-manual settings I guess).
Mindy: I may have had AE unlocked, didn't notice if it was but will try again tomorrow and hopefully will have some results, thanks for the replies!

OK, please reset Camera Settings and lock AE to have a test, looking forward to your update.
2017-12-29
Use props
mancuso_inc
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-29 03:48
OK, please reset Camera Settings and lock AE to have a test, looking forward to your update.

Seems to have solved the exposure problem, both with going fully manual (not just shutter), as well as locking AE:
manual, 24fps, 1/50 shutter, highest f-stop possible

AE locked, fsp 24, shutter and f-stop set automatically

They both produced the similar results wihtout exposure flickering, though I would like to see if there's a way to smooth out the frame jitteriness. 24fps is my only option at higher res ofr x5r, any other adjustments i can make manually to smooth out that movement other than fly slower?

2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules