Frequent signal loss
659 7 2017-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Noikmeister
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72598 ft
Australia

I've just uploaded my flight logs to Airdata. Interesting reading. Woud you consider it normal to have a >1sec signal loss in more than 50% of your flights?
2017-12-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

First airdata are not great particularly if it’s free version,phantomhelp are much better and also free, 1sec signal loss is not a problem.
2017-12-28
Use props
Noikmeister
lvl.2
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-28 15:40
First airdata are not great particularly if it’s free version,phantomhelp are much better and also free, 1sec signal loss is not a problem.

I did say "frequent signal loss" and also greater than 1 sec. Some flights get more than 5 occurrences. 15 was the most and of all the flights where 1 or more was experiences the average is over 4 occurrences of signal loss greater that 1 sec in duration. I've attached the fligt records.

Flight_Report_1.zip

1.78 KB, Down times: 0

2017-12-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Noikmeister Posted at 2017-12-28 15:54
I did say "frequent signal loss" and also greater than 1 sec. Some flights get more than 5 occurrences. 15 was the most and of all the flights where 1 or more was experiences the average is over 4 occurrences of signal loss greater that 1 sec in duration. I've attached the fligt records.

I’m not looking for those flight records you need to use link above, signal lost for more than 3 seconds using RC should initiate RTH, using phone 20 seconds should initiate RTH.
2017-12-28
Use props
Noikmeister
lvl.2
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-28 16:01
I’m not looking for those flight records you need to use link above, signal lost for more than 3 seconds using RC should initiate RTH, using phone 20 seconds should initiate RTH.

It's a CSV table report of all the flights showing the number of signal loss events. If you aren't going to be helpful then why reply at all? I asked if signal loss with this frequency was normal. I'm trying to work out if something is wrong or if I'm doing something wrong.
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Noikmeister Posted at 2017-12-28 16:51
It's a CSV table report of all the flights showing the number of signal loss events. If you aren't going to be helpful then why reply at all? I asked if signal loss with this frequency was normal. I'm trying to work out if something is wrong or if I'm doing something wrong.

Please ensure that your fly in a place with good GPS signal and less interference. If you try to fly in several places with the same results. Please export the flight data and the black box for further analysis. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Noikmeister Posted at 2017-12-28 16:51

Well I obviously hit a nerve, it’s a lot easier to tell what’s going on from the log than a list which wouldn’t open for me. Signal loss can be down to many things is it gps radio downlink  transmission ?
2017-12-28
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Are you using the remote?

If so, did you always placed the antennas to be in an right angle to the drone? If not try this and see if it helps.
2017-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules