INSPIRE 1 FEATURE REQUESTS
2975 30 2015-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

I didn't see a thread for feature requests - so I'm taking the liberty of creating one.  Hopefully some DJI folks will tune in from time to time and take a look at it.

Here's my first feature request: the app gives us a histogram function for the camera, but no waveform monitor.  Programming a waveform should be a relatively easy task as it uses the same data as the histogram, just organized differently.  For those unfamiliar - a waveform display plots the luminance levels of the video feed, showing dark and light areas charted from zero (black) through 100 (full "legal" white) typically to 120 (overexposed).  It's a more accurate way of visualizing than just the herringbone overexposure warning because it lets you see what the light levels actually are, not just if they have exceeded a preset level.  Those of us who shoot video professionally need one to ensure what we're acquiring is "legal" and also that it will integrate well with other footage.

So DJI - please add a WAVEFORM MONITOR to the options on the App display!  :-)
2015-4-19
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Waypoint autonomous flight mode (aka ground station)... For surveying and to be able to program a route an be free to work with the camera while the Inspire flies itself in the programmed route...
2015-4-19
Use props
TheCutter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94688 ft
Germany

"Time-lapse" photography mode.
Would be nice to change the AEB EV stepsize.
2015-4-20
Use props
tomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3788478 ft
Australia

Audible alert just in case of gps drop out. That way I'm not always checking the iPad.  
2015-4-20
Use props
jimcking
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Switch to initiate a slow pan so 360 degree pans can be smother.  Can not hold my thumb that steady to get a good pan with the stick.

Jim K.
2015-4-20
Use props
Aerographis
lvl.2

United States

jimcking Posted at 2015-4-21 04:35
Switch to initiate a slow pan so 360 degree pans can be smother.  Can not hold my thumb that stead ...

That feature should be a gain adjustment, and one finger should be able to control all camera movement in order to be effective.
2015-4-20
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ground station "WP's", POI and Simulator for android,
simulator for windows pc would be nice also....
That;s my xmas list, lol..
BTW Dji, My Inspire is performing lots better since last firmware update, Cheers.

Regards
Mike.
2015-4-20
Use props
justin.mah
lvl.2

Canada

TheCutter Posted at 2015-4-21 04:11
"Time-lapse" photography mode.
Would be nice to change the AEB EV stepsize.

How would time-lapse be useful with a less than 18 minute flight time?
2015-4-20
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

justin.mah Posted at 2015-4-21 05:04

not all time-lapse requires long amounts of time...something as simple as people moving around or cars speeding through the streets can be effective. This is simple enough to do as a video time-lapse but the extra control of adding HDR photography to it has it's merits. I would love to see a night-lapse feature like the GoPro 4 has..
2015-4-20
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372287 ft
Greece

A new larger sensor camera or a fully functional gimbal and support for the new Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K.
2015-4-20
Use props
TheCutter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94688 ft
Germany

Ok nevermind, I found out that the "self-timer" symbol is actually the timelapse timer function.

But as a new feature it would be great to see the gimbal roll horizon if the cam is operated by a second person.
2015-4-22
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

How about Home and Course lock!
2015-4-22
Use props
ei4jr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1890640 ft
Ireland

Home Lock would be good for me
2015-4-22
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

TheCutter wrote "As a new feature it would be great to see the gimbal roll horizon if the cam is operated by a second person."

The second person can already do this - horizon tilt is assignable on the camera operator's remote.
2015-4-22
Use props
Johnny Sky
lvl.1

United States

- Waypoint auto flight
- more voice alerts
- more camera options and more cameras
- release of hand-held Inspire gimbal ( I need it next week)
Thanks.
2015-4-22
Use props
presti
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1329 ft

United States

A ZOOM lens would be nice.
2015-4-22
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.2

Qatar

justin.mah Posted at 2015-4-21 05:04

Check out one of the best "time lapse" videos I have seen. Not much drone flying in it but exceptionally well made. A lot of the time lapse was based on less than 18 minutes!

Cheers
2015-4-22
Use props
durrr
lvl.2

United States

It would be cool if you can change the color of the lights like the 3DR Solo.

Also Waypoints, Follow Me, Cable Cam, Orbit, and all that good stuff.
2015-4-22
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

ei4jr@eircom.ne Posted at 2015-4-22 19:13
Home Lock would be good for me

Just use IOC setting.  Set it before you fly off, flick it into IOC and no matter what orientation when you pull back it will come straight back .  Just as good.
2015-4-23
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Currently it appears that the H.264 video encoder settings are established in firmware.  They should be brought out to the app so individuals users can tweak the encoder for bitrate, I-frame placement, etc.  At the moment the video is so heavily compressed that it visibly pulses between I-frames - this is not acceptable for raw footage.  A better compression recipe may be possible but there's no knowing with everything locked away in firmware.
2015-4-23
Use props
ei4jr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1890640 ft
Ireland

GB44 Posted at 2015-4-23 20:20
Just use IOC setting.  Set it before you fly off, flick it into IOC and no matter what orientation ...

Thanks for that tip. I will give that a go.
2015-4-27
Use props
southerndoug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3010495 ft
Australia

My wish list:
less compression in video;
better, darker, suite of ND filters;
waypoint nav (coming...?.);
Nav light options (for colourblind dudes like me): yellow/blue would be good (same with status lights!);
camera options;
attachment points for Parachute recovery system (rear of battery housing?) and assignable button for deployment;
incorporate the algorithms developed by the Institute for Dynamic Systems and Control in Switzerland into the firmware, to address potential in-flight emergencies: http://e-citations.ethbib.ethz.ch/view/pub:144261?lang=en
2015-4-27
Use props
peter.a.bosmans
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6321191 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

1080p livefeed instead of 720...
2015-4-28
Use props
miketeel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184567 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd like to know the status on screen of the Custom Setting. I forget whether the gimbal is going to yaw or pitch.
2015-5-14
Use props
iamintricate
lvl.1

United States

Hardware:
· Front-facing camera for nav remote (hurry up and ship!)
· Proximity sensors to avoid collisions
· Water/weather proof for proper outdoor flying
· Snapping memory card door on camera. Card should not be exposed and able to pop out upon collision.
· Battery locking. There should be an arm or clip that secures battery further. The two side lips are not enough. Again, should not be able to easily eject upon collision.
· Aluminum propellers. It seems almost every crash I've seen, and now experienced, is when ANYTHING comes in contact with a blade, and this is the weakest and most vital part of the drone. If propellers were more durable, it'd prevent many of the crashes seen.
· Mute or alter annoying startup and firmware beeping

App/Software:
· Bottom button custom control can alternate between Fly mode and Shoot mode. It'd be great to custom set the sensitivity of the controls for each. I want more sensitivity when just flying, and decreased in Shoot mode.

It'd also be great if the feature set could keep up with the Phantom 3 and the Solo.
2015-5-14
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
United Kingdom

Craft sold separately, 100% spares availability, all the features promised pre-sales. FPV camera.( head tracking ability would be a bonus)

Strap included with the very expensive remote! Every remote I've ever bought came with a neck strap, I purchased the dual remote and no strap with the second remote! That's like selling a shirt without buttons  or selling sneakers without laces! Yes it would still work but better with it as we all know.

PM me ! Oh that's right we can't.
2015-5-15
Use props
risto.o.leskine
New

France

1) Flight simulator to Android tablets  
2) Adjustable bracketing steps.  In the current version (FW 1.2.01.03) the step is 2/3 of a stop.  In case of 3 images one gets EV's of -2/3, 0, +2/3 and in case of 5 photos -11/3, -2/3,0,+2/3,11/3.  
Max +/- 1 1/3 stops does not give much more dynamic range, especially as in many cases one takes photos of sun set/rise where the contrast is highest.  In dslr:s (and probably in any point and shoot camera supporting barcketing) typical max valus are +/- 2 stops, in latest models +/- 3 stops or more.  As I1 camera sensor most probably have natively as large dynamic range as DSLR's that current bracketing of max 1 1/3 stops is clearly not enough.
2015-5-17
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

I think a very useful feature would be the integration of iCloud services.  Whenever you take a picture with the Inspire, it is sent back to your device automatically and then uploaded to your iCloud Photo Library and all your devices.  This would make the process of importing much much much quicker.
2015-7-23
Use props
pedz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24898 ft
United States

miketeel Posted at 2015-5-15 10:51
I'd like to know the status on screen of the Custom Setting. I forget whether the gimbal is going to ...

I'll second that.  Also, a reverse on many (most, all?) of the camera controls.  They are opposite to what is intuitive for me.  I darken when I want to lighten, pan down when I want to pan up, etc.
2015-7-23
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

delas Posted at 2015-4-21 06:09
A new larger sensor camera or a fully functional gimbal and support for the new Blackmagic Micro Stu ...

This.

A camera with better data recording support.

The camera will record H.264 at 60Mbps if you're in 4k mode but if you drop to 1080p it's recording at 25Mbps. At the very least use 60Mbps recording for 1080p as well so we can choose between "4k for 4k's sake" and "1080p with some detail".

Of course, recording in ProRes or something production grade would be optimal.

And oh yes I'd take a Blackmagic Micro gimbal in a heartbeat. DJI makes great gimbals and lovely heli's but is very much out of their depth on the camera side. Let us defer capture off to a camera company.

2015-7-23
Use props
asimmons
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8426683 ft
  • >>>
United States

More control over the expo curves.  I want to be able to tun this thing to how my fingers move, to get much more graceful movements.  Yaw control needs a much great range of control towards the bottom end.
2015-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules